A further question would be, if I buy tickets for December, but don't use them at all, are they still good until I use the first one? Assuming I pay the difference in day of use pricing?
.... I miss the days when tickets were simple... ☹

We have the tickets that expire Sept 2021. We will definitely not be going before then, but they are already linked in MDE. If I let them expire, will I be able to then call disney to buy for our new dates or is that an in person only thing when they area already expired? Or, should I pay the difference for my new dates before they expire?

A further question would be, if I buy tickets for December, but don't use them at all, are they still good until I use the first one? Assuming I pay the difference in day of use pricing?
Yes, fully unused tickets can be exchanged/used as credit towards a new dated ticket, paying any difference owed for the new dates. There will not be any refund if the new dates are less expensive.

We have the tickets that expire Sept 2021. We will definitely not be going before then, but they are already linked in MDE.
1. If I let them expire, will I be able to then call disney to buy for our new dates or is that an in person only thing when they area already expired?
2. Or, should I pay the difference for my new dates before they expire?
1. Likely you’ll be able to do it from home, but no guarantees.
2. That might be a better plan.

I have another question related to the above. I am trying to re-assign my second comp ticket to my husband and it says I cannot because it already has FPs linked to it. I assumed maybe that this was the ticket I used to reserve HS, so I tried the other one in my account and I got the same error. Do I have to call???
Call.

We have a trip rapidly approaching. We have 5 and 6 day tickets which we had planned to roll into AP. We have fingers crossed that will be back on the table as an option but I'm trying to make a plan if it is not. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days. Pre-Covid it was possible to add days to a ticket, is that still possible? Is it possible to do that now? I don't see a way through MDE. Thanks!

We have a trip rapidly approaching.
A. We have 5 and 6 day tickets which we had planned to roll into AP.
B. We have fingers crossed that will be back on the table as an option
but I'm trying to make a plan if it is not. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days.
1. Pre-Covid it was possible to add days to a ticket,
2. is that still possible?
3. Is it possible to do that now? I don't see a way through MDE. Thanks!
1. Yup.
2.& 3. Sorry, but 7-days is the current max. per ticket.
A. OK. (But, not currently possible.)
B. Be sure to stop by any Guest Relations and ASK NICELY explaining that you'd like to upgrade to AP when they allow that option again. ASK NICELY that they create a "guest file" for you that may allow you to do the AP upgrade using the value of your current tickets (even though they will have been "all used up" on your upcoming trip) at such time as they start selling APs again.

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

I have a ticket question. I read the first few posts in this thread, but just wanted to double check my facts on this because I'm still a little confused. Here's my situation:
  • Am planning a trip to WDW in late May/early June 2021.
  • Planning on staying 6 days, 5 nights. Arriving Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, checking out Thursday of Memorial Day week.
  • We want to get 2-day 1-park-per-day tickets.
  • But our YDD also wants to visit a water park while we're there. Either 1 of the WDW ones would be preferable to Volcano Bay at UO for us (don't have to rent a car).
  • Water park day would NOT be a theme park day.
Here's my questions:
  1. If we do a room+tickets package, would the "last day to use the 2-day tickets" be our check out day? Or would it the "you have X # of days to use the tickets" start on check in day and end, like 4 days after that?
  2. If we get a room-only reservation and buy the tickets separately and I don't want to actually go into any of the parks until Day 3 of our trip, then I'd need to specify that when I purchase the tickets, correct?
  3. Would it be less expensive to purchase a 2-day 1-park-per-day ticket and a 1-day water park ticket separately?
  4. If it's more economical to get a combo ticket (x # of days 1-park-per-day + the water park add-on), and we want to do 2 days in theme parks + 1 day at a water park, then which type of ticket makes the most sense?
Thanks for all of your help!

We want to get 2-day 1-park-per-day tickets.
1. If we do a room+tickets package, would the "last day to use the 2-day tickets" be our check out day? Or would it the "you have X # of days to use the tickets" start on check in day and end, like 4 days after that?
2. If we get a room-only reservation and buy the tickets separately and I don't want to actually go into any of the parks until Day 3 of our trip, then I'd need to specify that when I purchase the tickets, correct?
3. Would it be less expensive to purchase a 2-day 1-park-per-day ticket and a 1-day water park ticket separately?
4. If it's more economical to get a combo ticket (x # of days 1-park-per-day + the water park add-on), and we want to do 2 days in theme parks + 1 day at a water park, then which type of ticket makes the most sense?
1. Your checkout day.
2. Not an issue since you will be staying on WDW property.
3. & 4. Look up the price of both kinds of tickets and see.
Either kind will work for your trip.

Last edited:
I have a trip planned for November, for which I already have onsite hotel reservations. I have hesitated to buy park tickets because my dates were not filling up on the reservation calendar and I wanted to wait until the last possible minute to buy them in case we have to cancel. If I go ahead and buy them and then end up not going on the trip, it sounds like I cannot get a refund for the tickets. Would I be able to use the tickets at another time though or do they just expire and I've lost my money? TIA!

The value of fully-unused/expired tickets can be used as a credit towards a future ticket. You would need to pay any additional necessary for the new dates, and would not receive a refund if the new dates cost less.

Another option is to book a package, in which case the tickets would be canceled with the hotel reservation if your plans change.

Ticket question --

I know they are currently giving exceptions right now to allow AP purchases for those who previously cancelled due to COVID.

My question is are they giving any other exceptions? My situation is I have had one AP voucher "on standby" I've had for my daughter to use once she turned 3 as she didn't have any tickets previously. The thought would be to get the rest of the family an AP when we go next (and/or just upgrade my existing 5-day non-hopper tickets). Then all this happened and I have an AP for JUST her (that I still plan on using) .. but want to be able to get APs for rest of the family so we are "in sync" for the next year.

I obviously want the same value and flexibility for the entire family without buying new tickets for an upcoming trip. Making it hard to make park pass reservations as well since we all don't have the same ticket type.

So .. ya . .I'd love to buy an AP for the rest of the family to use for our potential first trip in January and thus use it for the whole year (of hopefully getting back to normal).

Just curious if they are giving exceptions to families who don't have APs for the whole family and want to "complete the set".

Maybe I am just better off buying tickets "as needed" for the family since there is no park hopping for the forseeable future and who knows the state of the parks for 2021 now, just feels like a waste if we DO want to go on another trip in 2021 (maybe for the 50th .. whatever that will look like).

1. I'd love to buy an AP for the rest of the family to use for our potential first trip in January and thus use it for the whole year (of hopefully getting back to normal).
2. Just curious if they are giving exceptions to families who don't have APs for the whole family and want to "complete the set".
3. Maybe I am just better off buying tickets "as needed" for the family since there is no park hopping for the forseeable future and who knows the state of the parks for 2021 now, just feels like a waste if we DO want to go on another trip in 2021 (maybe for the 50th .. whatever that will look like).
1. Nobody knows what will happen in the next few weeks/months.
2. You never know what might be possible. You can always "ask nicely."
3. You may very well be able to upgrade your standard tickets to AP.
Be sure to stop by any Guest Relations and ASK NICELY explaining that you'd like to upgrade to AP when they allow that option again. ASK NICELY that they create a "guest file" for you that may allow you to do the AP upgrade using the value of your current tickets (even though they will have been "all used up" on your upcoming trip) at such time as they start selling APs again.
But, yes... nobody knows exactly what will be happening in the next several months.

I need a bit of help understanding the new tickets systems. We have only had APs for the last 20 yrs.

We are going in Dec, I would like 5 or 6 days. Staying a week but plan to do 1 or 2 days at seaworld. We are Fla res, dvc if it helps. I do not get how to buy the tix. I read the posts, sorry, I must be having a senior moment or something.

Can I just buy a 6day tix to match our res?
or do I have to pic the park per day and only allowed that many days?
If I buy a 6 day but only use 5, how long is the last day good for?

TIA for the help-skip a year and I feel like I am starting over.

I need a bit of help understanding the new tickets systems. We have only had APs for the last 20 yrs.

We are going in Dec, I would like 5 or 6 days. Staying a week but plan to do 1 or 2 days at seaworld. We are Fla res, dvc if it helps. I do not get how to buy the tix. I read the posts, sorry, I must be having a senior moment or something.

1. Can I just buy a 6day tix to match our res?
2. or do I have to pic the park per day and only allowed that many days?
3. If I buy a 6 day but only use 5, how long is the last day good for?

4. TIA for the help-skip a year and I feel like I am starting over.
1. Yes, basically. You can buy a 5-day or 6-day ticket that is valid starting on the first day that you want to enter a theme park.
2. First, you buy your tickets with an appropriate start date,
THEN, you need to make a RESERVATION to visit each specific theme park on a specific date.
3. That last ticket day will expire within a very few days if you don't use it.
(Any remaining unused ticket day(s) will remain valid at least until the end of your on-site stay.)
4. Most of this (park reservations, no park hopping) is because of the changes made by the severe COVID restrictions and subsequent staffing issues at WDW.

Last edited:
Unfortunately am cancelling an on-site hotel reservation and moving off-site. My ticket is linked for a park reservation. Do I have to do anything with the ticket/park reservation since when I booked the park it was booked as a Resort Guest? Thanks!

Unfortunately am cancelling an on-site hotel reservation and moving off-site. My ticket is linked for a park reservation. Do I have to do anything with the ticket/park reservation since when I booked the park it was booked as a Resort Guest? Thanks!
If you bought the ticket as STAND-ALONE (not bought as part of a WDW resort room "package,")
you should not need to change anything regarding the ticket or the park reservations.

I have 8 day hoppers from a trip that didn't happen in May. Disney has extended my use date thru next September. Is there any hope in getting Disney to extend the use another month?

We were planning to go to WDW in November - but unfortunately had to cancel that trip since we cannot even enter the US coming from the EU.
We've been able to cancel our flights and found a way to get a refund for our DVC rental resort reservations.

But is there a way to get a refund for our theme park tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!