Tickets question

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
We will be buying a multi day base pass for an upcoming trip,but not park to park. It's for all 3 parks, so does this mean just one park per day,including Volcano Bay? It's not an add on to the regular park tix like at Disney? I just want to be sure I've got this right. So if it's a 5 day pass, we can visit Volcano bay one day, but no other park that day right?

We will be buying a multi day base pass for an upcoming trip,but not park to park. It's for all 3 parks, so does this mean just one park per day,including Volcano Bay? It's not an add on to the regular park tix like at Disney? I just want to be sure I've got this right. So if it's a 5 day pass, we can visit Volcano bay one day, but no other park that day right?
You are correct- one park per day. note that without Park to Park you will be unable to ride the Hogwarts Train.

I am going to assume you mean the 3 park seasonal pass(which is the base pass). Per Univerals website:
The 3-Park Seasonal Pass entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure AND Universal’s Volcano Bay for a one (1) year period beginning and including the first day this pass is used.
I have the 2 park seasonal pass and I can go back and forth between Univerals Island of Adventures and Universal Studios as much as I want.

A 5 day pass is not a Seasonal pass or other annual pass. One park per day - VB counts as a park. You are correct, you cannot go in another park on your VB day unless you upgrade to a park-to-park pass.

A 5 day pass is not a Seasonal pass or other annual pass. One park per day - VB counts as a park. You are correct, you cannot go in another park on your VB day unless you upgrade to a park-to-park pass.
ok thanks- yes that's the one. If I had a PTP pass would I be able to say,go to a park in the morning and VB in afternoon? I'm with family who thinks they only want base passes (to save money) and also thinking,we can upgrade to PTP after we get there if we want,correct?

ok thanks- yes that's the one. If I had a PTP pass would I be able to say,go to a park in the morning and VB in afternoon? I'm with family who thinks they only want base passes (to save money) and also thinking,we can upgrade to PTP after we get there if we want,correct?

Yes. If you had P2P, you could do one park in the morning and then another in the afternoon. We're doing precisely this so we can do VB in the morning (with early entry) when it's slower, then leave in the afternoon when it gets busy (since Express pass from the hotel does not include VB).

And yes, you can also upgrade your base tickets to P2P when you're there if you wish.

Hi, I also have a question about universal tickets! Does anyone know how far in advance you can buy tickets? We are planning to go in July 2020, and when I looked at 1-day tickets on Undercover Tourist, it didn’t ask for our dates, but it allowed me to checkout (I didn’t) Then when I went to Universal Studio’s website it asked for our dates, but the calendar only went out as far as April. Not sure how I could buy from UT but not Universal Studios this early. Any thoughts?

Hi, I also have a question about universal tickets! Does anyone know how far in advance you can buy tickets? We are planning to go in July 2020, and when I looked at 1-day tickets on Undercover Tourist, it didn’t ask for our dates, but it allowed me to checkout (I didn’t) Then when I went to Universal Studio’s website it asked for our dates, but the calendar only went out as far as April. Not sure how I could buy from UT but not Universal Studios this early. Any thoughts?

While on UT it doesn't ask for your dates, when you buy a one day ticket there and if you expand the section for the given ticket, you will notice "black-out" dates and "Valid Dates:" for the given ticket type if picking "Regular" or "Value". And you'll notice it doesn't show any dates beyond the end of April.

For one day tickets, Universal has "seasonal" pricing like Disney does. Value, Regular, and Anytime.

Anytime tickets are good for any day whereas Value and Regular are limited to certain dates. It looks like for both the Universal site (and by extension UT) they haven't set what their Regular or Value dates are going to be beyond the end of April. But you could buy an "Anytime" ticket now if you want for your day in June from UT. Since they are "anytime" you won't need to worry about what type of day it might be. Or you could wait to see if they day you want to go in June might fall into a cheaper "Regular" or "Value" type once those days are sorted out by Universal.

Thank you for that explanation, that really helped! I didn’t go far enough on the UT site to see the black out & valid dates you mentioned. I think we will just hold off until we can see what pricing will be for the regular & value tickets for when we go! Thanks 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter