Question: my nephew and his family are going to Disney in August 2020. They are staying off property. He would like start buying tickets when he has some extra money. If he goes to a Disney Store and buys a 8 day ticket lets say next week, it will still be good when his trip comes correct? But once he uses the first day of the ticket, the countdown starts? Thanks

No, the tickets have very clear expiration dates, including if the ticket is unused. If he doesn't use them before they expire, their value can be applied toward buying valid tickets later....plus any cost difference. Buying tickets now does not lock in the current pricing for tickets that will be used a year from now.

-there have a been a few stories of people being told the ticket was only worth what UT paid for it...
That has been happening since I started posting on the DIS nearly two decades ago (and almost certainly farther back than that.)
There is no way to avoid the possibility of encountering an untrained and uninformed ticket CM at WDW.
The way to counter the affect of such an event is to know, yourself, the proper procedures and exact figures that your upgrade should (correctly) cost.
Then, if you get quoted an incorrect amount, you can nicely ask to speak to a supervisor and/or politely decline the incorrect offer and go to a different ticket location to find a CM with more adequate training.

I couldn't find any info on this so I thought i would ask the experts.

We have a trip planned for this October At Disney world but my DD may not be able to go.

June of 2020 we are planning a Disneyland trip.

So can the unused Disney world ticket purchase price go toward a Disneyland ticket for that trip ?
Thanks in advance

Question: my nephew and his family are going to Disney in August 2020. They are staying off property. He would like start buying tickets when he has some extra money. If he goes to a Disney Store and buys a 8 day ticket lets say next week, it will still be good when his trip comes correct? But once he uses the first day of the ticket, the countdown starts? Thanks

Tickets are now date-specific with expiration dates. If he knows what dates they plan to be there, he can start buying tickets now one at a time. I honestly don’t know if The Disney Store still sells WDW tickets, but they can be purchased online from WDW, or for a little savings use an authorized ticket seller like Maple Leaf or Undercover Tourist. With the correct dates, the tickets will be good next summer.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi there! Planning my 21st trip and have a ticket/magic band question. We are staying for 3 nights in BWI before checking into SSR for a week in a 1BR. Most likely we will purchase tix thru UT. How does this work w split stays? Do I “attach” the tickets to the first set of magic bands? Is it easy to transfer the tickets and their associated FPs to a second set of Bands? I know I can opt out of the second set however our travel party will be 4, not 3 at that point so I thought I would get the second set. Sorry. Dis Veteran but a total split stay noob!! Thanks for any advice!

Hi there! Planning my 21st trip and have a ticket/magic band question. We are staying for 3 nights in BWI before checking into SSR for a week in a 1BR. Most likely we will purchase tix thru UT. How does this work w split stays? Do I “attach” the tickets to the first set of magic bands? Is it easy to transfer the tickets and their associated FPs to a second set of Bands? I know I can opt out of the second set however our travel party will be 4, not 3 at that point so I thought I would get the second set. Sorry. Dis Veteran but a total split stay noob!! Thanks for any advice!
No tickets need be attached to any particular MBs.
Tickets are put into a guest's MyDisneyExperience account and ANY registered MB that belongs to
a guest will automatically access any of the tickets in that guest's MDX account.
A guest can own any number of MBs and each MB can be used interchangeably with any others.
All MBs can be active at the same time and used for all purposes.
No changes need to be made for split stays.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-
There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"
the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the guest's MDE account info.
The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.
The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

No tickets need be attached to any particular MBs.
Tickets are put into a guest's MyDisneyExperience account and ANY registered MB that belongs to
a guest will automatically access any of the tickets in that guest's MDX account.
A guest can own any number of MBs and each MB can be used interchangeably with any others.
All MBs can be active at the same time and used for all purposes.
No changes need to be made for split stays.

Just to keep things as clear as possible-
There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"
the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the guest's MDE account info.
The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.
The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

Thanks so much Robo for that explanation!

Hi - I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to.
This thread has been very informative but I would like to better understand the 'minted' time of a ticket purchased through Undercover Tourist.

I purchased 3 day Park Hopper tickets from Undercover Tourist on March 22 this year (they are date-based for December). This was right after the price increase, but Undercover Tourist was still selling some at the 'old' price. I will now be doing an additional trip in October and would like to use them towards an Annual Pass purchase. What is the value of these tickets? Is it based on the value before the price increase or after?

Thanks

What is the value of these tickets? Is it based on the value before the price increase or after?
You need to contact Undercover Tourist so that they can tell you the creation date of the ticket you purchased.
Then, you'd know which price value to use in the upgrade.

You need to contact Undercover Tourist so that they can tell you the creation date of the ticket you purchased.
Then, you'd know which price value to use in the upgrade.
Thank you, I will reach out to them. Your help is appreciated.

Question: I’m doing a split stay in September (both parts at a Disney resort) and I bought my tickets as part of a MYW package with the first stay. They’re 7 day tickets and my first stay is 4 days at AoA, directly followed by 5 days at Yacht Club. Based on my understanding of the tickets, they should be good for 8 days since that’s longer than my first stay right?

I was able to book fastpasses for my entire stay, which I’m assuming it wouldn’t let me do if those weren’t valid tickets. But in the app it says they expire 9/17. Which is the day I check out of AoA and into Yacht Club. Will my tickets actually be good the whole trip? I mean I physically can’t use 7 days worth of tickets in 4 days. I’m just a bit worried with the expiration date that’s showing in the app that when I show up to a park on 9/18 it isn’t going to let me in and all my fastpasses will be gone.

I read through the FAQ on the front post (thank you!!) but just wanted to clarify/verify, so we aren’t out the $1,000 we spent on our tickets!

We bought 4 day hoppers from UT shortly before Oct 2019 (before the date based tickets). They have an expiration date of December 2019. Am I correct to assume we can let these expire, and when we go on our next trip in December 2020, simply pay the difference in value to “re-instate” the tickets? A CM told us today it could be possible to do but she couldn’t guarantee they’d allow that.

I read through the FAQ on the front post (thank you!!) but just wanted to clarify/verify, so we aren’t out the $1,000 we spent on our tickets!

We bought 4 day hoppers from UT shortly before Oct 2019 (before the date based tickets). They have an expiration date of December 2019. Am I correct to assume we can let these expire, and when we go on our next trip in December 2020, simply pay the difference in value to “re-instate” the tickets? A CM told us today it could be possible to do but she couldn’t guarantee they’d allow that.

Yes, you can use the value towards an upgrade for new Dec. 2020 tickets, paying the difference to bring them to current prices.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!