It looks like the Gold Annual Pass is only blocked out Jan 1 and 2 in 2020, rather than Jan 1-3 as it has been the last couple of years. Is this likely to change as we get closer, or is it fairly safe to assume we can count on being able to use the pass 1/3?

Here's a new one that I've been unable to find in this thread and internet searches...

I have 10 day tickets with park hopper plus and memory maker. Thinking about upgrading to platinum plus passes which include everything I already have except miniature golf. If we play miniature golf on our trip prior to upgrading what happens? Are we no longer eligible to upgrade or do we just get charged retroactively for the golf played?

Thanks!

Here's a new one that I've been unable to find in this thread and internet searches...

I have 10 day tickets with park hopper plus and memory maker. Thinking about upgrading to platinum plus passes which include everything I already have except miniature golf. If we play miniature golf on our trip prior to upgrading what happens? Are we no longer eligible to upgrade or do we just get charged retroactively for the golf played?

Thanks!

It should not matter at all about the mini-golf.
The only requirement if you use any of the "Plus" features is that you must upgrade to the AP that includes the Water Parks, and since that's your plan, you should be just fine.

So I went online to purchase my daughter's AP this morning. I received an e-mail confirmation saying that it was being processed and that I would receive another confirmation when it was complete. When I received the next e-mail it said that there was a problem with "part" of the order and to contact them to finish the order. It showed on this e-mail that I had made a deposit of the full amount. When I checked MDE my daughter showed as being and AP holder. I called the number and was put through to the AP line. The CM there checked and gave me a confirmation number and said that she would e-mail the confirmation. I still haven't received the e-mail confirmation but I do show that it was charged to my Credit Card. When I have bought APs in the past, including my most recent one a couple of months ago I always get a confirmation that I have to print out and take to guest services to activate the pass. Is this going to be a problem when getting her pass activated? Should I call again? It is still showing in MDE and I can go out there and get fast passes for both of us.

You said that if you have a WP&M ticket and have been to a water park, you must upgrade to the higher price annual pass. If you haven’t used it when you upgrade and upgrade to the less expensive pass, do you then lose the water park option for the rest of the current trip?

I just found this forum and couldn't find an exact answer to my situation, so apologies if this has been covered before and I just couldn't find it. We have an upcoming trip in October 2019. We already have date specific park hoppers purchased from UT for our trip. These were purchased back in Dec. Since then we have decided that we will likely be taking another trip in 2020, so an AP makes sense now. Thus, we plan to bridge the park hopper tickets to APs when we go in Oct. Right now the math looks pretty good for the estimated savings gained by using the APs for our two trips. However, I am fearful that the AP price will inevitably increase prior to our trip in Oct, thereby widening the gap between the Disney rate for the tickets when we bought them in Dec. 2018 and the presumably new increased AP price, and thus making the savings less significant. So my question is if there is any way to buy AP vouchers now (locking in current AP prices) but not activate them until we are there in Oct and still bridge the tickets at that time to get credit for purchasing them? As a side note, for our 2020 trip, it will be a few days prior in Oct., so it is important that the APs not get activated until we are there in Oct 2019 so that they expiration can line up properly. Thanks!

You said that
1. if you have a WP&M ticket and have been to a water park, you must upgrade to the higher price annual pass.
2. If you haven’t used it when you upgrade and upgrade to the less expensive pass, do you then lose the water park option for the rest of the current trip?
1. Yes. The AP that includes Water Park visits.
2. Yes. (After you upgrade, you no longer HAVE the original ticket, you only have the new AP.)

We have an upcoming trip in October 2019. We already have date specific park hoppers purchased from UT for our trip.
These were purchased back in Dec. Since then we have decided that we will likely be taking another trip in 2020,
1. so an AP makes sense now. Thus, we plan to bridge the park hopper tickets to APs when we go in Oct. Right now the math looks pretty good for the estimated savings gained by using the APs for our two trips. However,
2. I am fearful that the AP price will inevitably increase prior to our trip in Oct, thereby widening the gap between the Disney rate for the tickets when we bought them in Dec. 2018 and the presumably new increased AP price, and thus making the savings less significant. So my question
3. is if there is any way to buy AP vouchers now (locking in current AP prices)
4. but not activate them until we are there in Oct
5. and still bridge the tickets at that time to get credit for purchasing them? As a side note, for our 2020 trip, it will be a few days prior in Oct., so
6. it is important that the APs not get activated until we are there in Oct 2019 so that they expiration can line up properly. Thanks!
1. Agreed.
2. Could be.
3. & 5. You can TRY to upgrade/bridge in advance.
Be sure to explain carefully and "ask nicely."
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
4. & 6. An AP cannot be activated except while a guest is at WDW, so
buying a new AP will not activate it.

I have tried searching and am unclear on how bridging is calculated on tickets from UT that have an extra day. Currently for my dates UT has a 4 day PH for $516, a 4 day PH with an "extra day" for $520, and a 5 day PH for $530. Clearly the 4 day with extra day is a better deal as a ticket, but when I go to bridge the ticket to an annual pass will the ticket price be calculated as a 4 day PH or 5 day PH?

I have tried searching and am unclear on how bridging is calculated on tickets from UT that have an extra day. Currently for my dates UT has a 4 day PH for $516, a 4 day PH with an "extra day" for $520, and a 5 day PH for $530. Clearly the 4 day with extra day is a better deal as a ticket, but when I go to bridge the ticket to an annual pass will the ticket price be calculated as a 4 day PH or 5 day PH?

It is valued as a 5 day PH.

Correct.
Because that ticket actually IS a regular 5-day ticket.

Thanks for the quick reply. My confusion was mainly because they marketed the same ticket (just without being phrased as an extra day) right under it at a higher price. Knowing this helped me save a bit more.

I have a question. I was gonna buy 4- 8 day PH tickets next week but some car problems popped up and i was wondering if i can buy 2 next week and 2 two weeks later? Its me DH and our twins. I asked this before i think or i saw it somewhere but i cant find it

i was wondering if i can buy 2 next week and 2 two weeks later?

Yes.
As long as you are not buying the tickets as part of a resort "package,"
you can buy one ticket at a time, or two at a time, or more.

All you want to do is to have bought all of them, and have them listed in your MyDisneyExperience account before you are ready to book FP+ in advance:
60 days before your first park day, if you are staying at a WDW resort or
30 days before your first park day, if you are not staying at a WDW resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter