Yes.
As long as you are not buying the tickets as part of a resort "package,"
you can buy one ticket at a time, or two at a time, or more.

All you want to do is to have bought all of them, and have them listed in your MyDisneyExperience account before you are ready to book FP+ in advance:
60 days before your first park day, if you are staying at a WDW resort or
30 days before your first park day, if you are not staying at a WDW resort.

Thank you. This makes it easier for me.. our fastpasses open up the end of Aug and i will have all of them by then. I just wanted to make sure it was ok. We are DVC and this is my 1st year doing everything didnt want to make a mistake

Thank you. This makes it easier for me.. our fastpasses open up the end of Aug and i will have all of them by then. I just wanted to make sure it was ok. We are DVC and this is my 1st year doing everything didnt want to make a mistake
Have a great trip and have fun planning!

This is like calculus hahaha. I will sit down and do the math sometime here but has anyone found it cheaper to buy a shorter length ticket from UT then add-on through Disney to the correct length?

Already looks like a better deal to do the park hopper through Disney ($60) than adding it on to the UT base ticket ($70).

This is like calculus hahaha. I will sit down and do the math sometime here but has anyone found it cheaper to buy a shorter length ticket from UT then add-on through Disney to the correct length?

Already looks like a better deal to do the park hopper through Disney ($60) than adding it on to the UT base ticket ($70).
It depends on the kind of ticket that you WANT, vs the particular ticket(s) found from the discounters at the time you are ready to buy.
There are a substantial number of authorized WDW ticket discounters, and it can vary as to WHICH ONE will have the lower price on the desired tickets when you are ready to buy.
Click HERE for the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search."

I have 2 complimentary, one-day, Park Hopper tickets from a previous visit and would like to use them on an upcoming trip (they are not date-based, so I can use them any time.). I will be going to the parks four days out of five and need to purchase the additional two tickets. I will not be hopping for those two days.

Monday- Single Park ticket
Tuesday - Park Hopper (use first complimentary ticket)
Wednesday - Park Hopper (use second complimentary ticket)
Thursday - resort day
Friday - Single Park ticket

With the new expiration dates for tickets, will I need to purchase a one-day ticket for Monday and another one-day ticket for Friday? A two-day ticket purchased with start date of Monday would only be good until Thursday so that would not work, correct?

Also, from reading some other threads, I understand I may have to speak with guest services so that they correctly prioritize my park hopper tickets for Tues and Wed. Or will the one-day tickets be pulled automatically since they are only good for that specific date?

I have 2 complimentary, one-day, Park Hopper tickets from a previous visit and would like to use them on an upcoming trip (they are not date-based, so I can use them any time.). I will be going to the parks four days out of five and need to purchase the additional two tickets. I will not be hopping for those two days.

Monday- Single Park ticket
Tuesday - Park Hopper (use first complimentary ticket)
Wednesday - Park Hopper (use second complimentary ticket)
Thursday - resort day
Friday - Single Park ticket

With the new expiration dates for tickets,
1. will I need to purchase a one-day ticket for Monday and another one-day ticket for Friday?
2. A two-day ticket purchased with start date of Monday would only be good until Thursday so that would not work, correct?

Also, from reading some other threads,
3. I understand I may have to speak with guest services so that they correctly prioritize my park hopper tickets for Tues and Wed.
4. Or will the one-day tickets be pulled automatically since they are only good for that specific date?
1. Yes.
2, Correct.
3. Guest Relations. Yes.
4. No. You should always have the priority of multiple tickets set to assure that the correct ticket is "used next."
You'd want to go to Guest Relations and have the priority set (and reset) before you enter the park on Monday and Tuesday, at least, and even on Wed. to make "sure."

1. Yes.
2, Correct.
3. Guest Relations. Yes.
4. No. You should always have the priority of multiple tickets set to assure that the correct ticket is "used next."
You'd want to go to Guest Relations and have the priority set (and reset) before you enter the park on Monday and Tuesday, at least, and even on Wed. to make "sure."
Thank you!

Sorry if this was asked/answered already - I have upgraded my hopper tickets to AP in past but did so on arrival day which was also ticket start day. This trip we arrive 9/19 but my tickets don't start until 9/20 - booked under Free Dining - can I upgrade the tickets to APs Thursday ahead of my "first day" or do I need to wait until I go to the parks on the 20th? TIA

Is this the right thread to ask this question:
When will I be able to purchase tickets that can be activated after January 1, 2020??
We have a DVC reservation for the whole family, and we're anxious to get the ticketing costs taken care of ahead of time.
Is this information posted on any other sites ??

Sorry if this was asked/answered already - I have upgraded my hopper tickets to AP in past but did so on arrival day which was also ticket start day. This trip we arrive 9/19 but my tickets don't start until 9/20 - booked under Free Dining - can I upgrade the tickets to APs Thursday ahead of my "first day" or do I need to wait until I go to the parks on the 20th? TIA
You will need to wait until the tickets become "active" on check-in date.
(Which will also assure that your "free dining" is not negatively affected.)

I hope this is OK to ask here?
We purchased 3 day Florida Resident Discovery tickets that we’re using the end of June, and would like to upgrade the tickets to silver annual passes after the 3 days. Trying to figure out our options on upgrading. Can we:
1 Upgrade on the 3rd day of our June Trip to the silver pass, and setup the monthly payment plan for the difference in the ticket prices? Would upgrading the 3 day ticket earlier (day 1 or 2) lose the park access in June, since the silver pass blocks summer months or do we still keep the 3 day access in June?

2. Can we upgrade the 3 day tickets later in the Fall (November) within 6 months of the June trip and still get credit for the 3 day ticket purchase? But if we can, I assume then that we cannot use the payment plan option?

Thank you!
Choirguyjh

Last edited:
I hope this is OK to ask here?
We purchased 3 day Florida Resident Discovery tickets that we’re using the end of June, and would like to upgrade the tickets to silver annual passes after the 3 days. Trying to figure out our options on upgrading. Can we:
1a Upgrade on the 3rd day of our June Trip to the silver pass, and setup the monthly payment plan for the difference in the ticket prices?
1b. Would upgrading the 3 day ticket earlier (day 1 or 2) lose the park access in June, since the silver pass blocks summer months or do we still keep the 3 day access in June?

2a. Can we upgrade the 3 day tickets later in the Fall (November) within 6 months of the June trip
2b. and still get credit for the 3 day ticket purchase?
2c. But if we can, I assume then that we cannot use the payment plan option?

Thank you!
Choirguyjh
1a. Yes. The amount paid for the original tickets serves as the "first payment."
1b. The moment you upgrade, the new AP will take on the characteristics and rules of that AP.
2a. Although I'm not sure about your particular kind of ticket, in most cases with FL resident tickets, you can upgrade within 6 months of first use.
2b. Just keep in mind that new AP would only be valid to one year from the date that your original ticket was first used.
2c. I don't know, but it seems like you'd not be able to choose to finance the payments with the timing of this scenario.

Last edited:
I have a few questions about "free dining" and tickets. I have searched the thread and I think I know the answer, but I wanted to make sure.

(1) I'm thinking about booking 2 rooms during "free dining". My DH and I have APs and my DD and her BF have Feb-Oct 2018 8-day parkhoppers (purchased from UT and valued at $532 each, "expires" Dec 2019). Of course, we would want to use our AP and pocket the minimum 4-Day PH for later use. I want to do something similar with my DD and her BF. We'll need 7-8 days in the parks and buying new passes for them is more expensive than the value of their existing ticket media. I should be able to also prioritize our AP for us and their 8-day PH for them, right?

(2) Would I do the prioritization at the resort? Or, can I do it from home?

(3) Then, I can hold on to the 4-day PHs to upgrade at a later time, correct? IIRC the 4-day PHs will retain their issue price for our dates in the future once the vacation window is closed (in this case, $528.60 according to the current Disney ticketing page).

(4) Would I be able to reassign those left over 4-day PHs to someone else in the future if I needed to?

Thanks!

I have a few questions about "free dining" and tickets. I have searched the thread and I think I know the answer, but I wanted to make sure.

(1) I'm thinking about booking 2 rooms during "free dining". My DH and I have APs and my DD and her BF have Feb-Oct 2018 8-day parkhoppers (purchased from UT and valued at $532 each, "expires" Dec 2019). Of course, we would want to use our AP and pocket the minimum 4-Day PH for later use. I want to do something similar with my DD and her BF. We'll need 7-8 days in the parks and buying new passes for them is more expensive than the value of their existing ticket media.
(1a) I should be able to also prioritize our AP for us and their 8-day PH for them, right?

(2) Would I do the prioritization at the resort? Or, can I do it from home?

(3a) Then, I can hold on to the 4-day PHs to upgrade at a later time, correct?
(3b) IIRC the 4-day PHs will retain their issue price for our dates in the future once the vacation window is closed (in this case, $528.60 according to the current Disney ticketing page).

(4) Would I be able to reassign those left over 4-day PHs to someone else in the future if I needed to?

Thanks!
(1a) Right.
(2) Cannot be done from home. Some have had it done at the Resort Concierge desk.
The prescribed method is to have prioritization done at any WDW Guest Relations.
(3a) Correct.
(3b) That is the correct procedure. (I did not check If those specific numbers are correct.)
(4) Yes. (As long as they are not yet "expired.")

Another upgrade question :)

I want to confirm a AP upgrade can be done at international gate guest relations way just the dlr/wdw pass can not correct?

On Disney’s site it says guest relations is opening same as operating hours of the theme park. Does anyone know if they open earlier? You can scan into the parks before 9, so hoping/thinking guest relations may be open earlier too?

Also just want to confirm this can not be done at a resort right?

I just wanted to share my ticket upgrade experience from last week. I had a 5-day hopper, bought through UT in March 2019. When I arrived on 5/27/19, I stopped at GR at the International Gateway to upgrade to a DVC AP. I was charged more than I thought I should be, so I went back the next day and asked them to help me with the numbers they used to arrive at the difference I was charged. They said they used the price I actually paid for my ticket, not the price that Disney listed on their website. So, no bridging. When I asked about bridging, he said they no longer do that. I was perplexed as I've heard on this board that they do. They CM I was talking to had his 5-year pin and the "trainer" pin, so I figured I wasn't going to get any further with him.

Has anyone had this experience recently? Are they really stopping the bridging process?

Another upgrade question :)

1. I want to confirm a AP upgrade can be done at international gate guest relations way just the dlr/wdw pass can not correct?

2. On Disney’s site it says guest relations is opening same as operating hours of the theme park. Does anyone know if they open earlier? You can scan into the parks before 9, so hoping/thinking guest relations may be open earlier too?
1. Yes.
2. GR windows and ticket booths open well before the park gates (including on AM EMH days.

I just wanted to share my ticket upgrade experience from last week. I had a 5-day hopper, bought through UT in March 2019. When I arrived on 5/27/19, I stopped at GR at the International Gateway to upgrade to a DVC AP. I was charged more than I thought I should be, so I went back the next day and asked them to help me with the numbers they used to arrive at the difference I was charged. They said they used the price I actually paid for my ticket, not the price that Disney listed on their website. So, no bridging. When I asked about bridging, he said they no longer do that. I was perplexed as I've heard on this board that they do. They CM I was talking to had his 5-year pin and the "trainer" pin, so I figured I wasn't going to get any further with him.

Has anyone had this experience recently? Are they really stopping the bridging process?
You were given the wrong info.
You should pursue having it corrected.
Disney has no way of knowing what YOU paid for the discounted tickets.

(4) Yes. (As long as they are not yet "expired.")
Ugh. Do they expire at the end of the valid date window? If they are "expired" then I would have to upgrade them, right? Would I have to upgrade them at WDW or can I do it online? That would be a pain because then I couldn't use them for FPs in advance. Speaking of FPs, I wouldn't be able to make FPs in the 60 day window with my existing passes, will I? I have not tried booking a "free dining" trip with APs since before FP+ started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter