Thanks, that was what I was seeing too. Do you all think that the flexible date cost would be worth spending on or wait and get the date specific? We have very specific dates chosen, so I don't mind being 'locked in", just wanted to get them before any price increase.
Your guess is likely as good as mine.

If I look at a 7 day base:
mid-June 2019 = WDW price of $470.05
Aug 2019 (low price season) = $427.86
flex = $585.13
Christmas week (high price season) = $575.59

I'm not sure exactly what season May falls into, but probably about similar to mid-June? Maybe?

I'd probably wait to see 2020 prices myself. Sure prices are a gamble, but so is tying up your money, and the difference between2019 low/high season is over a $100 gap per ticket. That's a pretty big gap.

I imagine 2020 prices will go up, but I think I'd wait to see 2020 prices. Maybe jump as soon as May 2020 prices are released.

Your guess is likely as good as mine.

If I look at a 7 day base:
mid-June 2019 = WDW price of $470.05
Aug 2019 (low price season) = $427.86
flex = $585.13
Christmas week (high price season) = $575.59

I'm not sure exactly what season May falls into, but probably about similar to mid-June? Maybe?

I'd probably wait to see 2020 prices myself. Sure prices are a gamble, but so is tying up your money, and the difference between2019 low/high season is over a $100 gap per ticket. That's a pretty big gap.

I imagine 2020 prices will go up, but I think I'd wait to see 2020 prices. Maybe jump as soon as May 2020 prices are released.
OK, I was thinking the same as I was reading these replies. The flex seems to be a high enough difference to force the wait and see for May 2020 tickets. I'm sure they will be available shortly after the rooms and packages are released.

OK, I was thinking the same as I was reading these replies. The flex seems to be a high enough difference to force the wait and see for May 2020 tickets. I'm sure they will be available shortly after the rooms and packages are released.

You might want o price out an AP, and all the benefits. You wouldn't need AP's for everyone, just one to get the photos, 10% off food in a number of places, and maaayybeee a later room discount.

It does appear to me though, that right now WDW is kind of encouraging folks to buy AP's. (by turning current tickets into AP's). I'm not sure what that means for next year, but right now AP's are a relatively good offer if you can squeeze a 2nd visit in just under a year from your May trip.

You might want o price out an AP, and all the benefits. You wouldn't need AP's for everyone, just one to get the photos, 10% off food in a number of places, and maaayybeee a later room discount.

It does appear to me though, that right now WDW is kind of encouraging folks to buy AP's. (by turning current tickets into AP's). I'm not sure what that means for next year, but right now AP's are a relatively good offer if you can squeeze a 2nd visit in just under a year from your May trip.
We have AP's and TIW, so I plan on booking 2 rooms with a discount (if available) and we get the TIW discount on a lot of table service. I can also get 20" with my AP for any store purchases for my parents. I think it's not worth them upgrading because they wouldn't be making a second trip. It's smart thinking though, which is why we did it for our 2019 and 2020 trips.

Can you please help me understand what's going on? On March 12, I purchased (4) 3-day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist. This was the day of the increase, but purchased at the previous year's prices. We added a few days to our vacation, and I am trying to price out what it would cost to add a day. When I price out the upgrade on the app, it shows a price of $142.84 under the "3" bubble. It shows a price of $546.92 under the "4" bubble. Do you think the price of $142.84 is the price to bring last year's tickets to this year's price? Does $546.92 seem right to upgrade? When I price out the difference between the current 3-day and 4-day hoppers, the increase comes out to $396. Thanks a bunch!!!

Can you please help me understand what's going on? On March 12, I purchased (4) 3-day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist. This was the day of the increase, but purchased at the previous year's prices.
-I am trying to price out what it would cost to add a day.

When I price out the upgrade on the app, it shows a price of $142.84 under the "3" bubble. It shows a price of $546.92 under the "4" bubble. Do you think the price of $142.84 is the price to bring last year's tickets to this year's price? Does $546.92 seem right to upgrade? When I price out the difference between the current 3-day and 4-day hoppers, the increase comes out to $396. Thanks a bunch!!!

I sorry that I don't have a list of actual Disney prices for the dates BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019
(which you say is the time in which your tickets were minted, and that info would be used to figure your upgrade cost.)

But, we CAN do the math for IF you had bought your ticket
during the period of time just PREVIOUS to when your tickets were actually minted.

(For the full info from the Ticket Sticky on how to compute ticket upgrades, click HERE.)
-------------------------
Ticket created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.
Ticket created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.

$550.00 w/tax: 4-day Hopper -Typical date- (Current 2019 price)
-394.00 w/tax: 3-day Hopper (Early 2018 price)
=156.00 Upgrade w/tax (from Early 2018 price to Current price, for a typical date)
----

It is nearly assured that YOUR tickets cost more than the "Early 2018" prices list.
So, it would be reasonable to expect that adding a day to one of your present tickets would
cost under the $156 price I show above.

I think I have messed up so badly and loss $800 - just sick about this. I am hoping someone has information that can help me recoup what I'm afraid I've lost. Purchased 2 5-day passes last October from Undercover Tourist before the prices increased. Wasn't sure when I was going to use them, but understood that I had to link them to my MDE account before end of Feb this year so that I could extend their usability until end of this year. So I did.

Now I have a week in mind sometime in August to use them, but they are no longer linked to my account. Called Disney and they do see that they were linked and were never used, but have since expired and of course, they're unable to restore the value I paid for them since they were purchased from a broker.

What a mess it was last fall trying to understand all the new rules of the pricing structure and how it applied to broker tickets. Does anyone know if I have any options?

Does anyone know if I have any options?

The value of unused tickets is never lost, even if the tickets expire. I know MDE is having a massive issue with lost tickets right now. But if they can see you have unused expired tickets, you should be able to “upgrade” them to a future date.

Enjoy your vacation!

I sorry that I don't have a list of actual Disney prices for the dates BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019
(which you say is the time in which your tickets were minted, and that info would be used to figure your upgrade cost.)

But, we CAN do the math for IF you had bought your ticket
during the period of time just PREVIOUS to when your tickets were actually minted.

(For the full info from the Ticket Sticky on how to compute ticket upgrades, click HERE.)
-------------------------
Ticket created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.
Ticket created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.

$550.00 w/tax: 4-day Hopper -Typical date- (Current 2019 price)
-394.00 w/tax: 3-day Hopper (Early 2018 price)
=156.00 Upgrade w/tax (from Early 2018 price to Current price, for a typical date)
----

It is nearly assured that YOUR tickets cost more than the "Early 2018" prices list.
So, it would be reasonable to expect that adding a day to one of your present tickets would
cost under the $156 price I show above.

Thank you! Do you believe the upgrade price would be the same at Guest Relations as it is in the app?

I think I have messed up so badly and loss $800 - just sick about this. I am hoping someone has information that can help me recoup what I'm afraid I've lost. Purchased 2 5-day passes last October from Undercover Tourist before the prices increased. Wasn't sure when I was going to use them,
1. but understood that I had to link them to my MDE account before end of Feb this year so that I could extend their usability until end of this year. So I did.

Now I have a week in mind sometime in August to use them, but they are no longer linked to my account. Called Disney and they do see that they were linked and were never used, but have since expired and of course, they're unable to restore the value I paid for them since they were purchased from a broker.

2. What a mess it was last fall trying to understand all the new rules of the pricing structure and how it applied to broker tickets. Does anyone know if I have any options?
1. Whether or not you linked them to MDE does not affect their expiration date.
2. What WAS the tickets' posted expiration date when you bought the tickets from UT?
3. As was indicated above by @LadyJane, the "Disney price" at the time your UT where created can be used toward buying new tickets (whether your UT have "expired" or not.)

2. What WAS the tickets' posted expiration date when you bought the tickets from UT?
They were the sent with a label that said they expired 2/28 and I thought I could extend the expiration to end of this year by adding them to MDE, which I did on 1/31. My son and his girlfriend are in my family group and I added to their names.

Will they have to wait until they arrive and go to a ticketing booth first to pay the difference from the old pricing to make them usable for entry?

They were the sent with a label that said they expired 2/28 and I thought I could extend the expiration to end of this year by adding them to MDE, which I did on 1/31. My son and his girlfriend are in my family group and I added to their names.

Will they have to wait until they arrive and go to a ticketing booth first to pay the difference from the old pricing to make them usable for entry?

Yes.

hopefully this is a quick one.
I am planning a 14 day trip to GF next June and will be getting the package with the max number of tickets. That happens to be only 10 tickets. we are the type that like to go to the parks every day, and always add the park hopper option. I am assuming that I can add 4 extra tickets outside of the package and have them linked. My question is, will it work like a seamless package doing that for things like FP windows, or will I have a FP window for the first 10 days, and then another for the remaining 4? Any help would be appreciated.

Posting about my experience yesterday at DS upgrading an old 5 day pass to an AP. I don’t even recall how old the ticket was, but I assumed the value I’d get was the price back in 2016 when the expiration dates went into effect. Based on that, I thought my cost would be $611. However, he bridged the price to yesterday’s date, and I was charged only $488, or something close to that. I don’t know if it was dumb luck or there’s a policy change or what. It was a nice change to pay less than expected.

We have a trip planned for next April. We have access to discounted tickets through my husband's work (GM). The longest park hopper they offer is 5 days. We ideally would like an 8 day ticket. Would we be able to add days on while at Disney without losing the discount we paid on the tickets?

We have a trip planned for Nov 28-Dec 7. Just upgraded our tickets from 7-day PH to 10-day PH (now date-based). If we decided to upgrade to AP, would we need to wait to do it in person during our trip? Or could we try to do the upgrade over the phone beforehand? Wondering if we do it early, when is the AP considered "active"? Also, would we be able to use an unactivated AP to book a room with a discount, or discounted special event tickets?
Thanks for the help!

hopefully this is a quick one.
I am planning a 14 day trip to GF next June and will be getting the package with the max number of tickets. That happens to be only 10 tickets. we are the type that like to go to the parks every day, and always add the park hopper option. I am assuming that I can add 4 extra tickets outside of the package and have them linked. My question is, will it work like a seamless package doing that for things like FP windows, or will I have a FP window for the first 10 days, and then another for the remaining 4? Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot add 4 extra days to a 10-day ticket. You can buy a 10-day ticket and a 4-day ticket for your trip, but it's probably less expensive to get an AP forego the package. Another option for 14 days is to add the "Plus" option which gives you 10 additional entries to waterparks, mini-golf and such - you just couldn't actually enter the theme parks on all 14 days.

Enjoy your vacation!

We have a trip planned for next April. We have access to discounted tickets through my husband's work (GM). The longest park hopper they offer is 5 days. We ideally would like an 8 day ticket. Would we be able to add days on while at Disney without losing the discount we paid on the tickets?
Probably.
But, you should check out the prices from other ticket discounters.
It can be that one or more have as good as or better discounts than the one you cite.

ALSO, note that some ticket prices are listed without TAX.
If so, 6.5% TAX will THEN be added to the cost at the time of check-out.
That can definitely affect your "savings" if that is the case.

Click HERE for the TouringPlans.com "Discount Ticket Search."

Last edited:
We have a trip planned for Nov 28-Dec 7. Just upgraded our tickets from 7-day PH to 10-day PH (now date-based). If we decided to upgrade to AP,
1. would we need to wait to do it in person during our trip?
2. Or could we try to do the upgrade over the phone beforehand?
3. Wondering if we do it early, when is the AP considered "active"?
4. Also, would we be able to use an unactivated AP to book a room with a discount, or discounted special event tickets?
Thanks for the help!
1. That may be a better way to do the upgrade.
2. You can certainly ask.
3. AP's CANNOT be activated except when a guest is physically at WDW.
4. Yes.
(And, BTW, you do NOT have to already HAVE an AP (activated or not) in order to book and AP room.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!