Tickets with packages still transferable?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
DS has a trip in May that he will need a 3 day ticket for and then he is going again in Sept for 5 days, hoping for free dining. We are DVC and it would make sense to buy him a DVC AP for these two trips IF we can save the ticket that comes with free dining and use it for another family member later in the year. Can we still "save" tickets that come with packages and transfer them to someone else? He is going with friends, staying at value resorts.

Any ticket that has not been used at all can be used by anyone. It isn't assigned to a specific person until first use.

Why did it take virtually 24 hours for this clear and basic question to get a response?

(It was even bumped midmorning yesterday.)

Why did it take virtually 24 hours for this clear and basic question to get a response?

Thanks Robo. I actually reworded it and posted it on another forum to get an answer.

Thanks Robo. I actually reworded it and posted it on another forum to get an answer.

I know.
But, that doesn't address why there was nobody here to answer THIS thread for 24 hours.
I am seriously shocked at this.

I saw your question but since I have never transferred a ticket I didn’t try to answer even though I thought it could be. Didn’t want to lead you astray. Sorry eeyoresmom

I saw your question but since I have never transferred a ticket I didn’t try to answer even though I thought it could be. Didn’t want to lead you astray. Sorry eeyoresmom

I didn't expect EVERYBODY who saw the question to answer it.
(Obviously we all read questions we don't feel qualified to answer.)
But, what I don't understand is how it was possible that NOBODY answered it.

I didn't expect EVERYBODY who saw the question to answer it.
(Obviously we all read questions we don't feel qualified to answer.)
But, what I don't understand is how it was possible that NOBODY answered it.

It surprised me too which is why I felt bad no one answered. I just wished I could have but didn’t have enough confidence in my knowledge on that. Ticket info is not something I have much knowledge of.

According to a respected Disney fan site, these tickets (package tickets that are part of a free dining package) CANNOT be transferred to someone else. I asked the moderator of the site this question specifically a couple years ago, and he said he didn’t know why, but that as an AP holder, he had tried to do that and learned it could only be assigned to him.

According to a respected Disney fan site, these tickets (package tickets that are part of a free dining package) CANNOT be transferred to someone else. I asked the moderator of the site this question specifically a couple years ago, and he said he didn’t know why, but that as an AP holder, he had tried to do that and learned it could only be assigned to him.
Now I don't know what to do and I have no confidence calling Disney for this. The savings is significant so I'm really torn :guilty:

Probably because those who saw the post didn’t know the answer - and those who knew the answer didn’t see the post?

We did free Dining in fall of 2017 (bounce back from summer 2016). One of our party members cancelled on short notice, and we determined that it would be less expensive to eat her ticket price (and her food ) than to refare everything at current rates.

That ticket, not used by its rightful owner, will be used by someone different in a few weeks. It’s been transferred and I’ve made her FPs with it - I don’t anticipate any issues at the gate.

The only thing that *might* be different is that this is a 2030 expiry ticket, not a time-sensitive expiry like the new tickets... but I would still expect it to work without a problem.

Now I don't know what to do and I have no confidence calling Disney for this. The savings is significant so I'm really torn :guilty:
We are annual passholders and bought park tickets as park of a free dining package in 2016. We were able to transfer the park tickets AFTER the package became active on check in day. We couldn't transfer them before then. It was easy to transfer the ticket, too. I made sure to transfer it before entering the park for the day, so that the ticket didn't accidentally get used when entering the park.

We are annual passholders and bought park tickets as park of a free dining package in 2016. We were able to transfer the park tickets AFTER the package became active on check in day. We couldn't transfer them before then. It was easy to transfer the ticket, too. I made sure to transfer it before entering the park for the day, so that the ticket didn't accidentally get used when entering the park.
Thanks for this. Did you know before hand that you'd be able to transfer it or were you just trying?

Probably because those who saw the post didn’t know the answer - and those who knew the answer didn’t see the post?

We did free Dining in fall of 2017 (bounce back from summer 2016). One of our party members cancelled on short notice, and we determined that it would be less expensive to eat her ticket price (and her food ) than to refare everything at current rates.

That ticket, not used by its rightful owner, will be used by someone different in a few weeks. It’s been transferred and I’ve made her FPs with it - I don’t anticipate any issues at the gate.

The only thing that *might* be different is that this is a 2030 expiry ticket, not a time-sensitive expiry like the new tickets... but I would still expect it to work without a problem.
Thank you. Do you remember when you transferred the ticket? Was it after your check in day?

Thank you. Do you remember when you transferred the ticket? Was it after your check in day?

Oh yes. Our stay was in September (well, hello Irma! Lol). I’ve actually transferred it twice - I moved it to an interim placeholder account shortly after our stay and then to my mom’s profile once I created it shortly before FP day - so maybe January.

You can’t pull a package ticket off of the package until after checkin.

This is what I want to do as well. We have Aps, but also have a free dining bounce back booked. I don't want to use those Tix when I can be using APs. So to save the Tix for future use, am I correct in understanding that they cannot be transferred until I check in to the hotel? I still plan on using them for the intended parties, but not for a year +. Did u transfer them yourself on the website or did u go have someone do it in person? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter