Tickets?

Geri

In a Disney State of Mind
I was able to book the Anaheim West Coast Hotel for the dates I wanted in August. I need to book airline tickets with my frequent flyer miles. Now all I need is information on the tickets. I understand they work differently than the passes to WDW. Help!

Thanks,
Geri

My first suggestion would be to purchase the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland (available at any bookstore, online or off). It will answer *lots* of questions for you.

Now, for your specific ticket question. For official ticket info, check the official Disney website under vacation planning. Of course, with the opening of DCA, tix are changed a bit now. Unfortunately, Parkhoppers (visit more than one park in the same day) are NOT available at this time except to guests staying in Disney resorts. Also, all sales of annual passes (except renewals) have been suspended due to the anticipated crowds for DCA this first year.

So, that leaves just 3 and 5 day flex passes. Check the prices online and be aware that you can purchase them at your local Disney store. And, I think that if you wait to purchase tix at the DL gate, then flex passes are NOT available, only "standard" tix with no flex options. Also, the local DS does not have a "stock" of tix. They must be ordered from DL and sent to the store for you to purchase. So, allow plenty of time.

Flex passes allow you to enter the park early (before official opening time) everyday except Wed & Sun (?) [possible change due to DCA opening]. The number of early-entry days you can participate in is determined by your pass. I believe that 3-day flex passholders have 1 EE day and 5 day can do EE everyday (when available).

Also, a major change from WDW tix is that DL tix DO expire. I believe the passes are only good for about 2 weeks after the first day is used.

So, check the Disney site for the most current info and realize that things have changed due to the opening of DCA.

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

If you are going to try to get tickets from your local Disney Store, you might want to call them first. We went to get our tickets for Disneyland(the store is 1 1/2 hours away) and they said that all ticket sales had been suspended at that time so we wasted a trip. She told us to call the Walt Disney Travel Co. We made reservations for the Best Western Park Place Inn through them and the package comes with 3-day flex passes but they said that they can also sell the passes seperately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter