Tiffany's on the Fantasy

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I have such good memories of visiting Tiffany & Co in NYC for the first time years ago. :lovestruc

Is it only on the Dream class ships? I did see, on another site, the Tiffany's heart with a DCL logo medallion.

here is a pic but I never saw pricingView attachment 294049

So overpriced dog tags that have the DCL logo and Tiffany & Co. on them? They just phoned that one in. Tiffany is a waste of space on the ship. Before you know it they're going to roll out Gold by the Inch and bunch of tables with discount junk in the Walt Disney atrium area there in front of Whitecaps, just like Princess and the other lines. I can't roll my eyes any harder or I'll hurt my brain.

So overpriced dog tags that have the DCL logo and Tiffany & Co. on them? They just phoned that one in. Tiffany is a waste of space on the ship. Before you know it they're going to roll out Gold by the Inch and bunch of tables with discount junk in the Walt Disney atrium area there in front of Whitecaps, just like Princess and the other lines. I can't roll my eyes any harder or I'll hurt my brain.

I wasn't enamored of the 'dog tags' but there was something else that caught my eye. They were doing a decent business on our recent cruise.

Has anyone got any pictures of the other pieces they’re offerening? I’m not keen on the dog tags.

Has anyone got any pictures of the other pieces they’re offerening? I’m not keen on the dog tags.
Off the top of my head, they had pieces from their infinity collection, the keys collection, the return to tiffany collection and Paloma Picasso pieces.

I sailed on the Fantasy at the end of September. I definitely wanted to stop by Tiffany's and did end up purchasing a simple necklace for myself. It was the same exact price as on the Web or their other stores but one thing is different, you don't pay tax on the ship. Every little bit helps. :lovestruc

I was told to come back the next morning around 10am (first morning of the cruise) for their grand opening where they had champagne and delicious pastries and candies (shaped like the little blue box and white bow - too cute). There was no push to purchase.

I sailed on the Fantasy at the end of September. I definitely wanted to stop by Tiffany's and did end up purchasing a simple necklace for myself. It was the same exact price as on the Web or their other stores but one thing is different, you don't pay tax on the ship. Every little bit helps. :lovestruc

I was told to come back the next morning around 10am (first morning of the cruise) for their grand opening where they had champagne and delicious pastries and candies (shaped like the little blue box and white bow - too cute). There was no push to purchase.

Careful with those taxes. Many US states require you to self assess and pay sales tax on these purchases with your tax returns. And if you fail to declare a purchase coming home if you live outside the US you can get in big trouble.

Just because they don’t collect tax doesn’t mean you won’t pay tax.

I thought they looked like dog tags as well - they were much bigger than anything I would wear around my neck. Really they would have worked as a keychain item.

And for the rest, I didn’t even feel they had picked the best of their collections to sell onboard. I walked in, through and out in maybe 3 minutes.

Careful with those taxes. Many US states require you to self assess and pay sales tax on these purchases with your tax returns. And if you fail to declare a purchase coming home if you live outside the US you can get in big trouble.

Just because they don’t collect tax doesn’t mean you won’t pay tax.

It was my understanding that as long as you didn't purchase more than $800 per person that you didn't have to declare it. I understand that a Tiffany's purchase can easily go over that but not in my case.

Yeah I thought there'd be maybe a few exclusive Disney/Mickey/princess-themed pieces, but no there wasn't anything Disney-related when we visited last September. I think there was some complimentary champagne event there one of the days, but really we found Tiffany's a bit stuffy and out of place on the Fantasy.

We enjoyed that space much more before, when it was a Disney art gallery with many whimsical paintings (among them, one was a clue for the Midship Detective Agency game - now that was a well thought-out detail that we had really appreciated).

They got rid of the art gallery and replaced it with a jewelry store? That kinda sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter