Tiffins, Tusker House, or Yak & Yeti?

Jesse Gallant

Earning My Ears
Hey!

I'm trying to decide between the three for our dinner on our Animal Kingdom day, and am pretty torn! I've heard great reviews about all three, and the menus appeal as well. We are on dining plan and can use an extra credit for Tiffins if need be. What are some pros and cons for each spot?

We really loved Yak & Yeti, so Y&Y gets my vote. I've had breakfast at Tusker House and enjoyed it, but am hesitant to eat at character dining buffets for lunch and dinner. Can't speak on Tiffin's.

All 3 are good but you should think about taking a 10 minute bus ride to Animal Kingdom. It has 2 of my very favorite places Jiko (2 credit) and Boma. If you go to Boma you will fall in love with the soups and the desert Zebra Domes.

I didn't think Yak and Yeti was all that. It seemed like any place I could eat at home. I have eaten at Tiffins twice and Tusker House twice. Both were good, but I vote Tiffins for food and ambiance!

Never had a good experience at Tiffins(been 4 times).

Tusker House is great, but it is a buffet and Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge is basically a better version of the same concept. Minus characters, but easy access to animal viewing in a more relaxed setting.

Yak & Yeti isn't stunning, but I always enjoy my meals there. The burger is insanely good.

I vote for Yak & Yeti.

Last edited:
Tusker House is excellent. One of the best Character Dining experiences.
Y&Y was ok.
Trying Tiffins in 3 days.

If havent been go to Sanaa after park closes.

I like all three, but for me Tiffins wins hands down. IMO, not only is it one of the best restaurants in the parks, but is one of the best restaurants in WDW. Been there 3 times and have always had a great meal. Will be returning in just 10 short days!

Tiffins was a delightful experience for us on our October trip. My wife, who can be a tough sell for theme-park related food, was ride or die for the food and the experience, even after kind of a humid and overstuffed day.

Tiffins was a delightful experience for us on our October trip. My wife, who can be a tough sell for theme-park related food, was ride or die for the food and the experience, even after kind of a humid and overstuffed day.

We recently ate at yak& yeti and tiffins for the first time.

Tiffins was beautiful & relaxing.
Yak&yeti was noisier -if that makes a difference?

The service & food at both was wonderful.

We are returning to both!

I think if using ddp go to y&y.
Paying oop-tiffins wins.

(I prefer tusker house for late breakfast/brunch. )

Had breakfast last time we went at Tusker going back this time and also trying Y &Y this time heard all good things

We always enjoy tucker house. Only character buffet we will do for lunch and/or dinner; the rest we stick with breakfast.

We loved our meal at tiffins a few years ago, but it’s not somewhere our kids would enjoy.

We ended up doing yak and yeti twice last week! We LOVE not needing an ADR due to having the landry’s card. We did dinner one night and lunch another day. Dinner we waited maybe 5 min and dinner we waited maybe 10min. It was great! And it allowed us a place to beat the heat and rain on our two AK days. As a bonus, all five of us ate everything! That’s rare with three kids.

Just got back and of the 3 my choice would be

1) Tusker House, GREAT, HOT fresh food, super service, great character interaction, just LOVE this place, been 3 times over a 10 year period and never been better or let down!
2) Tiffins, meal was above average but just did not give us that umph we were expecting from a "upscale" type of restaurant. Food was decent but dunno, left like it missed the mark.....
3) YUK and Yeti.......wow typical Laundry's cafeteria food! Hostess to get in was the rudeist we got on our trip and it was HOT....HOT in there! The server was great, but the food, ugh.......the noodle dish was borderline uneatable, cold and tasteless. The burger meat was good, but the rest was a total soggy mess! Fries were ice cold from the start, so thin and tasted like they sat in the freezer way too long, seemed like this was a backyard BBQ experiment.......The deserts were the worst we tried on the week long vac. My advise STAY away from YUK and yeti as there are MUCH, MUCH better food in AK, even the hotdog carts were better!

Hey!

I'm trying to decide between the three for our dinner on our Animal Kingdom day, and am pretty torn! I've heard great reviews about all three, and the menus appeal as well. We are on dining plan and can use an extra credit for Tiffins if need be. What are some pros and cons for each spot?

What’s your situation? I’d recommend yak and yeti or tusker house for families or with kids, tiffins for couples or if you’re looking for something a little more relaxed and up scale. Also if you have kids that like characters, definitely tusker house.

All 3 are good and you won't go wrong with any choice.
If its only adults, I would do Tiffins. Great food.
If you have kids, Tusker House is a really good character meal. Or if its adults and you want to see characters, this is a great option.
Love the food at Yak and Yeti. Usually do this as lunch, but have done as dinner as well. Never disappoints.
If its all adults, it comes down to Tiffins or Yak and Yeti depending on which type of food you want.

I have never been to Tiffins. Only done Tusker House for breakfast, but it was excellent. Yak & Yeti was really good for us for dinner. I will go back there next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter