*~*Tiff's Journey to Health and Happiness*~*

*Update update update*

So, at the beginning of my journey I was 327.8. Today I am 308.4. That's a loss of 19.4 pounds! Yay! My starting goal here was to lose 10 pounds by April 15th. I think I did it! :cool1: Wooot! I figured I would also do an update on how my goals are going...

I want to regain muscle strength in my legs and develop upper body strength.
I am totally getting my leg muscles back! Yesss! I am also hoping to throw in some strength training starting this week. A fellow DisWisher inspired me. Thanks NightAngelX!

I want to eat healthier with less carbs and at least 3 servings of veggies a day.
I am eating better, less calories for sure. Definitely less carbs. I am sucking on the fat factor though! 3 veggies... :rolleyes1 Gotta work on that!

I want to be exercising around 250 minutes a week.
Oh yeah! I'm knocking this one out of the park!

Things are going... Okay. I thought the first few weeks were the hardest, but this week is CRAZY! I want to eat everything I see!! Everything!! I have done well in restraining myself but it makes me feel like a nutter. I'm just so darn hungry. So, I think I need to relook at my food choices and start eating more filling things. Cut the fat. And stop drinking the big sodas!! I've had three 20 oz sodas this week. :scared1: I have been drinking the 7.5 ounce ones but we've been on the run a lot and they don't sell the minis in convenience areas. I know it's just an excuse, so that is on my "to watch" list! I have stayed within my calories but it's still empty calories!

Big news! I found shooooooes! I just bought a pair of Saucony Grid Jazz 8s. I have a huuuge foot so I had trouble finding what I wanted in my size. I am also getting a gorgeous pair of hot pink Saucony Shadow Genesis! :banana: I love 'em. So excited to get my running shoes on and get my RUN on!

I just started C25K! But, I screwed it up. It was supposed to be every other day and I did every day and hurt my ankle. So I only walked friday and saturday and rested sunday. I'm hoping to get back to C25K tomorrow. In the mean time I am still walking 3-5 miles a day.

New goal: Be at 293 by May 15th. Just over 15 pounds in 5ish weeks.

On a personal note, I could use some good jujus. I am applying for an LPN program and I reeeally want to get in. I'm not sure how they decide who gets in, but I am hoping they pick me. Ultimately, I'd like to be a doctor, but my ability to start that process is several years off. I need to do what makes sense right now to advance my career, so nursing it is. And hey, I could become a nurse practioner and be perfectly happy!

My little man is eligible to start preschool this fall and I am panicing about it. We can't afford private school this year. For some reason the pre-k program at the private school is triple the elementary age tuition! :scared1: And we can't do it. So, at least for this year, he has to go to public. I don't know why this freaks me out so bad. I was public schooled, DH was homeschooled. You'd think private school would be the unknown boogie man. I'm weird.

But, we still have summer. So many camping trips planned! Yay! Looking forward to grilling and running and swimming and fruit! :love:

*Update update update*

So, at the beginning of my journey I was 327.8. Today I am 308.4. That's a loss of 19.4 pounds! Yay! My starting goal here was to lose 10 pounds by April 15th. I think I did it! :cool1: Wooot! I figured I would also do an update on how my goals are going...
19.4 lbs?!?!!?!?!?? WOW! Congrats! That is amazing! Good job! You will more than double your goal by the 15th! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I want to regain muscle strength in my legs and develop upper body strength.
I am totally getting my leg muscles back! Yesss! I am also hoping to throw in some strength training starting this week. A fellow DisWisher inspired me. Thanks NightAngelX!
Aww... :blush: so happy I inspired you! I have never actually focused on strength training before but it just makes sense to me and you know the old saying of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. So it was time to try something new. It seems to be working for me. Hope it does for you too!

I want to eat healthier with less carbs and at least 3 servings of veggies a day.
I am eating better, less calories for sure. Definitely less carbs. I am sucking on the fat factor though! 3 veggies... :rolleyes1 Gotta work on that!
3 veggies seems like a lot but could be easy too. DH and I try to start each dinner with a spinach salad, so that's one. Then we share a bag of steamed veggies which has like 5 servings in it so that alone is another 2.5. Another thing I like to add is baby carrots at lunch. I try to bring them as a snack for work. I don't always eat them but if I do that's extra veggies! I know they aren't considered low carb (Dh used to do atkins) but they are yummy and good for you. I don't care if they have carbs. lol

I want to be exercising around 250 minutes a week.
Oh yeah! I'm knocking this one out of the park!
:worship::worship::worship: That is IMPRESSIVE! Awesome job!!!

Things are going... Okay. I thought the first few weeks were the hardest, but this week is CRAZY! I want to eat everything I see!! Everything!! I have done well in restraining myself but it makes me feel like a nutter. I'm just so darn hungry. So, I think I need to relook at my food choices and start eating more filling things. Cut the fat. And stop drinking the big sodas!! I've had three 20 oz sodas this week. :scared1: I have been drinking the 7.5 ounce ones but we've been on the run a lot and they don't sell the minis in convenience areas. I know it's just an excuse, so that is on my "to watch" list! I have stayed within my calories but it's still empty calories!

Big news! I found shooooooes! I just bought a pair of Saucony Grid Jazz 8s. I have a huuuge foot so I had trouble finding what I wanted in my size. I am also getting a gorgeous pair of hot pink Saucony Shadow Genesis! :banana: I love 'em. So excited to get my running shoes on and get my RUN on!

I just started C25K! But, I screwed it up. It was supposed to be every other day and I did every day and hurt my ankle. So I only walked friday and saturday and rested sunday. I'm hoping to get back to C25K tomorrow. In the mean time I am still walking 3-5 miles a day.

New goal: Be at 293 by May 15th. Just over 15 pounds in 5ish weeks.

On a personal note, I could use some good jujus. I am applying for an LPN program and I reeeally want to get in. I'm not sure how they decide who gets in, but I am hoping they pick me. Ultimately, I'd like to be a doctor, but my ability to start that process is several years off. I need to do what makes sense right now to advance my career, so nursing it is. And hey, I could become a nurse practioner and be perfectly happy!

My little man is eligible to start preschool this fall and I am panicing about it. We can't afford private school this year. For some reason the pre-k program at the private school is triple the elementary age tuition! :scared1: And we can't do it. So, at least for this year, he has to go to public. I don't know why this freaks me out so bad. I was public schooled, DH was homeschooled. You'd think private school would be the unknown boogie man. I'm weird.

But, we still have summer. So many camping trips planned! Yay! Looking forward to grilling and running and swimming and fruit! :love:

Have you tried diet soda? Do you like it? I drink 2 diet cans of cokes a day still. I've been drinking it since the 2nd grade. I know people say its not good for you but its my one vice. So they can deal with it. lol Some diet soda is better than other. For instance the only diet root beer i like is Diet A&W. I also hate generic diet soda. I don't know why. We can be getting all our food from Aldi but I will still hit Walmart for my Diet Coke. :lmao:

I have never heard of Saucony Grid Jazz 8s. I will google those. They sound cool. ;)

C25k plan sounds good! Taking a day off shouldn't hurt too much. Did you sign up for a race yet. Tis the season. ;)

Your new goal sounds attainable at your current rate. Just keep changing things up so your body doesn't get used to anything. lol

Sending you some good jujus!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Nursing is a dedicated career. I am in awe of the ladies who can do that work. I wanted to be a doctor when I was little but then I discovered the sight of blood made me faint and decided that wasn't a good career for me. :) Hopefully being an LPN will just re-affirm your decision to keep going or you will absolutely love it and be happy that much faster! :upsidedow

I don't have kids but I can imagine the preschool thing is nerve racking. You want the best for your little man. I think private school is a logical compromise between public and home schooled. You want to teach your child your values while also getting a good education. Public schools are a little scary nowadays. :scared: Do you have any other private school preschool options? I know where I live there are several private schools and many offer preschool programs. There are religious ones, Montessori ones....and...I can't think of other ones but there are various religious ones and at least one Montessori one around where I live. Oh and have you checked local colleges too? My dad works at a community college and I went to preschool there and it wasn't just for employees it was for anyone, he just didn't have to pay for me to go there. Good luck finding him the perfect school. I am sure he will do well regardless. :teacher:

:cool1: Yay for Spring and Summer!!! :beach:

LOL i just got denied posting this for too many pictures. I will delete a few and try again! I guess I went smiley crazy!

19.4 lbs?!?!!?!?!?? *WOW! *Congrats! *That is amazing! *Good job! You will more than double your goal by the 15th! *
Thank you. As of today, it's 22 exactly. Wooot!

Aww... *so happy I inspired you! *I have never actually focused on strength training before but it just makes sense to me and you know the old saying of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. *So it was time to try something new. *It seems to be working for me. Hope it does for you too!
It seems to be going okay. I am shocked at my weakness. Hahaha I am like a little kitten. I am using 2lb weights and I can do about 20 curls on either side and that's it. I know it will get better, but I feel silly.

3 veggies seems like a lot but could be easy too. *DH and I try to start each dinner with a spinach salad, so that's one. Then we share a bag of steamed veggies which has like 5 servings in it so that alone is another 2.5. *Another thing I like to add is baby carrots at lunch. I try to bring them as a snack for work. I don't always eat them but if I do that's extra veggies! *I know they aren't considered low carb (Dh used to do atkins) but they are yummy and good for you. *I don't care if they have carbs. lol
The problem is, I pretty much hate most veggies. I like spinach in smoothies, raw carrots with dip (not a good addition), corn, potatoes, and that's about all. I have been trying a new veggie every now and then, so hopefully I'll add to my tiny list!! At least you're eating veggies!

Have you tried diet soda? Do you like it?
I found and liked diet Dr. Pepper and diet ginger ale, but they give me stomach aches and potty troubles. I'm not sure why, but it means I can't even have that little cheat. :(

I have never heard of *Saucony Grid Jazz 8s. *I will google those. *They sound cool. ;)
Check out Saucony Shadow Genesis in Pink. THOSE are my bling shoes and they should arrive soon! I have my whole outfit on FB. If you have an FB and would like to connect, feel free to PM me. I'm showing it off to whoever will look. Haha

C25k plan sounds good! *Taking a day off shouldn't hurt too much. Did you sign up for a race yet. *Tis the season. ;) *
Indeed I have!! I am doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run in September, the Color Run in August and hopefully 1-2 others. I HOPE to do the 1/2 marathon at Disney in January, but I won't sign up until I am sure I can make it through all 13.1 miles.

Sending you some good jujus!!! *:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes * Nursing is a dedicated career. *I am in awe of the ladies who can do that work. *I wanted to be a doctor when I was little but then I discovered the sight of blood made me faint and decided that wasn't a good career for me.
Thank you, so much! Blood kinda weirds me out but I guess it's common among doctors. Who knew? Currently, I work as an aide, but it doesn't pay much at all, so I have to move up and the only way to go is nursing. I wanna be a surgeon when I grow up. Hehe

*Do you have any other private school preschool options? :teacher:
We don't have any other options. :( Our town is super small. There are lots of options in the big city but, with traffic it could add up to an hour each time we pick up and drop off. I am reworking the numbers and think we could do it, but it would be super tight. If I get accepted in the LPN program, I may not have a choice. We'll need day time care and we'll have to pay anyway, so we may be enrolling him afterall. "Dear new clothes, running shoes, groceries, light bill, fancy shampoo, weekend fun, etc. We will miss you!" Bwahahahaha

LOL i just got denied posting this for too many pictures. I will delete a few and try again! *I guess I went smiley crazy!
I LOVE that you got denied for all those smileys. Hehehehe :lmao:

Thanks for following and commenting. It's really great to have the support! :grouphug:

I haven't got much today. I am officially down 22 pounds at my last weigh in. That's freaking exciting!! My clothes are starting to fit differently. Most notably (TMI) my underwear are super loose. :banana: And I am fitting into some jeans that I bought awhile back, but in reality, I think that's only 2ish inches off my waist. I plan to start measuring.

I've added bellydancing to my indoor workout. And it's super fun! I should be getting my bling shoes (Saucony Shadow Genesis Pink) soon and I am excited. I am also hoping to pick up a running watch that calculates miles walked/run and time. Any suggestions?

This past saturday's weigh in had me down to 304.4! :cool1: And I got my shoes!! They are gorgeous! And they fit just right. I restarted C25K yesterday and had no ankle pai. Yeeeeaaahh!

My motivation is kind of shot this week. I'm still working out, but I've been bratty about it. Do you have one of ose weeks? How do you pull out of it?

So, I am assuredly getting a crap eaters metal for this week! I know, KNOW, what I have been doing is producing great results and yet, I have this oboxious voice in my head that negates things. Dear voice, I hate you. So, the plan is to put together a motivation poster to hang in my office and some reminder notes in the bathroom and on the fridge. I am deleting pizza place numbers from my phone!! I am making a chart (yup, I have to treat myself like a child) that lists when I can treat myself to ice cream and pizza, etc. I WILL NOT sabotage myself! I WILL NOT fall back into old, crappy habits! I WILL NOT regain, I WILL NOT maintain, I WILL LOSE!!

On a positive note, yesterday I did a trial run at mynlocal gym. I did a Core 360 class and it was AMAZING... And painful. Well, it wasn't painful yesterday, just hard. And my muscles were going crazy all night but today... :sad1: Yowza! And, yet, I am SO EXCITED about going back. I hope to officially sign up next week! I love how it made me feel, which sounds sadistic. It just, pushed me to do things I was positive I could NOT do! But, I did. With motifications, for now. But, I DID it!! I am psyched! Now, to get this eating back on track!

Tonight I need to walk, about 3 miles. So, I am off to do that. Good night friends! And stay strong! You're amazing, your goals are amazing and you can do this! :cheer2:

Hello DIS Wishers. So, big news, today I am at 299 exactly! I broke the THREES! Yayyyy! I also joined my local gym. :cool1: I joined on Saturday. I've been twice since, using the treadmill and the elliptical. I also plan to do Core 360 on wednesdays and saturdays! I'm hoping for big results!

So the week before last week was a drag. I gained 2 pounds! Luckily, I got my tush in gear and this saturday I logged a 7 pound loss. Yup! Seven. I have 8 more days to reach my May goal of 293. 6 pounds to go! I could use a little pixiedust:

I rocked my nursing TEAS test! I had my interview friday and I think it went well. I will find out, I believe, on friday if I am in the program. I have to do a test run in the current class to see if I like it. The next big hurdle is financial aid. :sad: I had one (of several) loans default because I lost track (and hadn't consolidated) so, I have been in the repayment. Unfortunately, I can't officially apply for aid until July 25th. The program is supposed to start in June! So, I have an appointment to see what can be done. It looks like that big Disney trip just isn't going to happen. I may have to take down my 'Wonder' ticker. :sad::sad::sad:

Well, on that positive note, I am going to get working. G'night WISHers!

Hello DIS Wishers. So, big news, today I am at 299 exactly! I broke the THREES! Yayyyy!

Congrats this is awesome!!:yay: I hope that your gym has worked out, I know how hard it can be to loose weight with kids. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old that I stay home with. I have noticed that whatever I make them for lunch I always eat some of it!!! Yuck I mean I eat chicken nuggets, and mac and cheese I eat like a kid again!!

Anyway congrats on getting out of the threes!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter