TikTok and WeChat downloads in US stop on Sunday

Maybe FB isn't as privately run as is presented and is tolerated because it's in house while this is not inhouse.

Reading comments reminded me that a few months ago there was a brief blip about "social scoring" of citizens in certain parts of the world being a growing concern. Wonder if this app was harvesting data for the ultimate dox.... uggh the thought is chilling.

There is also this https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdof...your-videos-for-dangerous-fakes/#3aa563d23cc8

I thought it will only be banned for new downloads?

It's the same National Security reasoning that is why you can't have Huawei phones at certain federal installations.

The only difference between the Huawei phones and the Apple I*Phone is the Chinese Communist party gets the all of the Huawei data for free. Apple and the other companies who have apps on the I*Phone makes the Chinese Communist party pay for the data. In the end the Chinese Communist party still gets the same data.

The only difference between the Huawei phones and the Apple I*Phone is the Chinese Communist party gets the all of the Huawei data for free. Apple and the other companies who have apps on the I*Phone makes the Chinese Communist party pay for the data. In the end the Chinese Communist party still gets the same data.

Why did we choose to make China the villain? I thought we were convinced that Russia was the bad the guys. I have seen plenty of 80s movies with Russia/USSR being the villains.

The law in mainland china is the same for Bytedance as it is for Huawei. They are required by law to give any data they have to Chinese government if it is asked for. Any company that is not based in mainland China has the option of selling that information to the Chinese government, but is not required to.

The law in mainland china is the same for Bytedance as it is for Huawei. They are required by law to give any data they have to Chinese government if it is asked for. Any company that is not based in mainland China has the option of selling that information to the Chinese government, but is not required to.

The government there has a way to make life difficult for those who "choose" not to cooperate.

Just a reminder to everyone - in discussing this topic keep your political opinions out of the discussion or your posts will be deleted.

There was a hearing yesterday. I heard through a different source that the judge intends to sign an order for an injunction.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/09/19/hearing-federal-judge-wechat-motion/
FWIW, the source claiming an injunction is pending is China Global Television Network.
After an emergency hearing on Saturday afternoon, the judge ruled that the plaintiff, USWUA, draft a preliminary injunction, Cao said in the post. She said the judge would then sign the injunction to suspend the prohibition but did not reveal when the judge will sign it.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter