Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there are a few videos where they didn’t disclose being hosted, it’s actually quite well known. Actually illegal as it’s a taxable income in the states.

What are your feelings on doing the Panteon chats for $$$$ whilst living in a $450k gated home?
Sorry to tell you but "$450k" is not having the impact you think it is having. It's a nice house but its not the Biltmore, goodness.

And they live in that home because of the content they produce and the voluntary support they get from people. They should be giving out their content for free because they live in a nice house? Wow, I should run to my HR department right now and tell them I no longer need a paycheck, my house is too nice!

Frankly, I don't care if their house cost $100 million. If people want to give them money, that is within their right to do so. Last I checked, there is no 'Tim Tracker' tax on Form 1040. No one's forcing anyone to do anything.

That income is their primary income. That Patreon money is quite literally the same as the money you get from your paycheck's at work. It pays their bills. If they net $10 million a year in Patreon donations, I say good for them.

I guess I've lived in northeastern New Jersey, and the Northeast in general, for FAR too long. I'm not a real estate agent, and have always rented, but I'm pretty sure 450K gets you not too much fantasticness, just maybe run of the mill, around here. So hearing that number down in Florida don't have that much shock value to me at all!! And like Pete always comments on in vlogs, the property taxes around here are OBSCENE, especially compared to Florida!!

Last edited:
Actually there are a few videos where they didn’t disclose being hosted, it’s actually quite well known. Actually illegal as it’s a taxable income in the states.

What are your feelings on doing the Panteon chats for $$$$ whilst living in a $450k gated home?
Why would the price of their house have anything to do with charging for their work/product?
I have never had an employer value my house before paying me my wages. They put a value on my work and pay me for my work.
I would not pay money to chat with or hang out with the Trackers, but I don't care if others do.

I LOVE the Dis team and their videos. So refreshing to see extremely honest opinions in them. I enjoy the Trackers and they do a very professional job but that's the problem now. EVERYTHING is gifted and they are hosted EVERYWHERE. I can not take their opinions seriously because of that fact. I noticed it is getting worse; Aulani hosted, Dollywood, and such random other things that it's now boring. I like Tim's WDW construction update vlogs and home cooking vlogs the most at this point. GKTW was fantastic. The media events and gifted vlogs are least enjoyable to me now.

I think this most accurately explains how I feel. Obviously, I watch the Trackers because I used to enjoy them very much but the quality for me has gone downhill. Dude, I'm all for content creators living in 450k houses! They worked for it, and they deserve it in my opinion. I don't care if they have patreons, superchats and all that. I literally don't mind that. It just feels like a fake carefully curated public face and I can see though it is all.

Celebrities can live in far more expensive homes and people would (and sometimes do) pay to chat with them. How is this different? To a small group of people, these vloggers are minor celebrities. Some people love them, some people hate them, most people fall in the middle with their opinions.

Believe it or not, there is a 4th category in regards to vlogggers...

The “i don’t care one way or the other” group.

Kudos to those who found a way to make money off their passion & those who enjoy following their exploits. Whether it’s disney, kardashians etc., all have a certain following. The rest of us are exposed via mainstream news now & again.

I’ve seen the name referenced in this post pop up but never bothered to watch a video. I do follow one or two email type subscriptions. All are certainly not equal IMO, yet there is something for everyone who is interested.

The issue IMO is these vloggers/bloggers, who have developed a new income stream. Really shouldn’t complain when the owner of the private property they are standing upon isn’t on board with their activities. if they are churning income or using an intellectual property, the owner has the right to protect themselves/their brand.

the policy of courting media for (hopefully positive previews etc) is well established. If I don’t see a disclaimer that the poster paid for their own ticket, etc, I’d certainly take the information they present with a large grain of salt.

Celebrities can live in far more expensive homes and people would (and sometimes do) pay to chat with them. How is this different? To a small group of people, these vloggers are minor celebrities. Some people love them, some people hate them, most people fall in the middle with their opinions.

Not to mention, beyond the question of why anyone would care, how and why does anyone actually know how much the trackers house is worth?

Criticism of their content is fair game. Let’s have a conversation.

But some of this is just nosy and mean spirited veering into creepy and stalker-ish. No thanks

But all celebrity is fake. Be it mainstream stars or those that get their 15 minutes...

I don’t watch Disney Youtubers for any other reason than to gather information for future trips. Certainly don’t care if their life is good bad or indifferent, or if they are lying about their personalities down a camera lens.

The issue IMO is these bloggers/bloggers, who have developed a new income stream, shouldn’t complain when the owner of the private property they are standing upon isn’t on board with their activities.
So many people forget that Disney World is PRIVATE PROPERTY. The fact that they allow all of these YouTubers to come in and film and make money in the process is entirely up to them. They could decide tomorrow to shut it all down if they wanted to. Of course, it's generally good for them as it gets them much broader exposure. It's free advertising essentially. But if it becomes disruptive or started having a negative effect, I'm sure they would change things.

I can't hate on anyone who figured out a way to make a living producing content in today's market. I know Tim's been doing this for like 10 years. If he's doing well good for him.

Some of the car guys on YouTube are pulling in 1M+ a year making videos. Have to respect the game. Doug DeMuro almost started the whole thing with a CarMax Land Rover and an extended warranty. Hoovie has his "i bought the cheapest <exotic car> and here's whats wrong with it" genre.

I don't think many people realize how much work it is to create a video as well. Editing can take twice as long as shooting it, depending on how much work you put into it. Like Josh from WDW Couple, he shoots a lot of b-roll and puts music in, and for a vlogger their editing isn't too bad. Others edit much more quickly.

People like their content and want to support it. Nothing wrong with that. I've sent ResortTV1 a couple super chats before. I like their content. Mr Cheezypop will make a sponsored video for someone that really wants to see something in particular.

Not to mention, beyond the question of why anyone would care, how and why does anyone actually know how much the trackers house is worth?

Criticism of their content is fair game. Let’s have a conversation.

But some of this is just nosy and mean spirited veering into creepy and stalker-ish. No thanks
@BeerMe - Get outta my HEAD!! ;)

So many people forget that Disney World is PRIVATE PROPERTY. The fact that they allow all of these YouTubers to come in and film and make money in the process is entirely up to them. They could decide tomorrow to shut it all down if they wanted to. Of course, it's generally good for them as it gets them much broader exposure. It's free advertising essentially. But if it becomes disruptive or started having a negative effect, I'm sure they would change things.
Would be quite hard to do so. How do you draw a line on who qualifies as being able to take video and who is not? Though I suppose maybe you're referring to video being filmed on private property could be copyright claimed?

The Trackers have fallen off of my watch list. I can't point to one thing that led me away but it may have started when (to me) things seemed to feel a little forced from them. I wish them the best and I will probably check in again now and then.
Calmly and rationally stated, and I totally understand - just not for you, at least right now. Exercise your right not to watch. Perfectly stated! Plenty of other choices out there, for sure. Kind of like how I feel about a lot of other vloggers, or even about Star Wars/Galaxy's Edge - I don't begrudge those that are excited for, and will enjoy it, I just am indifferent.

The Trackers have fallen off of my watch list. I can't point to one thing that led me away but it may have started when (to me) things seemed to feel a little forced from them. I wish them the best and I will probably check in again now and then.
Agreed, I prefer more Disney centric vloggers like ResortTV1 at the moment. I feel like the trackers are a bit out of touch with WDW (I've heard many statements made by them in recent videos that perhaps a "Disney noob" would say). Nothing wrong with that, they have their own product. But I am a Disney fan, not necessarily a theme park fan.

Agreed, I prefer more Disney centric vloggers like ResortTV1 at the moment. I feel like the trackers are a bit out of touch with WDW (I've heard many statements made by them in recent videos that perhaps a "Disney noob" would say). Nothing wrong with that, they have their own product. But I am a Disney fan, not necessarily a theme park fan.
@stewart715 - Must say, I ADORE your avatar!! :)

So just for fun, I looked up Dragon Con. If I wanted a photo with David Tennant (Doctor Who fame), I would have to pay $100. His estimated net worth is $7 million dollars.

Would be quite hard to do so. How do you draw a line on who qualifies as being able to take video and who is not? Though I suppose maybe you're referring to video being filmed on private property could be copyright claimed?
Disney knows who is there for business and who is just on vacation. If they wanted to, they could stop inviting bloggers/vloggers to media events and previews and they could shut down YouTube videos under copyright law. They could do that while still allowing you or me to post our home movies. I don't think that will happen. My point was just that folks making money off of Disney need to remember they are doing so with Disney's permission even if not blatantly stated as such.

I used to have a Disney collectibles business myself. For years, I bought and sold Disney souvenirs through a mail order catalog, website, Ebay, and in-person collectible shows. We would come home from Disney with a suitcase full of merchandise and sometimes even ship stuff home if it was too much to transport. Disney could have stopped me by limiting purchases and not letting me buy 10 of an item at one time. Even today, people complain about people buying stuff to resell on ebay. Hey, if Disney allows you to come in and buy a bunch of something than those people are doing absolutely nothing wrong. They are getting there at rope drop and getting in line just like everyone else.

All he eats is burgers, steak and fries... He has the palate of a two-year old and I mean... I don't think I would take food reviews from someone like that.
But if he only eats burgers, steak, and fries then his reviews would only be burgers and fries - and in that case, they might be very trustworthy. Who better to trust your burger, steak. and fry reviews to than someone who eats nothing but burgers, steaks, and fries? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!