Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree on all points, @cmwade77! I thought it was just me that was extremely puzzled at this characterization of Jenn. Glad to see I wasn't. You're right about the editing, she also stays home quite a bit (and they both hurry home when out together) to take care of/be with Bandit, since his cancer diagnosis awhile ago. Very caring, nurturing, selfless fur parents, IMHO.

I also agree with your 2nd statement that things have apparently relaxed since Tim was originally told that. I think it was a combination of a CM who took their job a bit too far that day/time, and maybe there were more than a few random people here and there scattered throughout the day wanting to take pics. Fan pics and the "now it's time to pay the price" guest outros take place in the video commonly now. And as long as they don't create a public nuisance, rightfully so!

Huh? We watch most of their videos and she doesn't come across that way at all to me. A lot of times I can see where a comment comes from, but honestly on this one, I can't even see where that comment would come from. In fact, I was watching his latest on on the Pirate Mini Golf and was thinking that she hasn't been in enough of the videos as of late. I know she does a lot of the editing, but still I like when they are together in videos.

That being said, this topic is more about them being asked not to take pictures with guests in the park, although I think that has loosened from what they were told back when the OP had started this thread in November of 2017. I think that it has taken time for Disney to adjust their policies and thinking on how to handle this without disrupting park operations.

Yes very. Very preachy. And the panic attack thing every time it's something unpleasant to be done is getting old. Most people get stressed driving or in crowds. I say grow up a little. She tweets about being a "strong women", while sitting at home in fear while her husband goes out and makes a living. She has to be driven around like a child...but yeah strong women. She is not my cup of tea.

Yes very. Very preachy. And the panic attack thing every time it's something unpleasant to be done is getting old. Most people get stressed driving or in crowds. I say grow up a little. She tweets about being a "strong women", while sitting at home in fear while her husband goes out and makes a living. She has to be driven around like a child...but yeah strong women. She is not my cup of tea.
First off, you do know she has a day job that doesn't involve YouTube, right? She doesn't just sit at home all day and as to why Tim tends to drive is probably the same reason I tend to drive when going places. I honestly can't handle being in the passenger seat. Seriously, I get very anxious any time that I am in a situation where I am not the one behind the wheel, with the exception of being on the buses at Disney World. Even local public transit when I have to take it makes me nervous, not because of the other passengers, but because I am not the one driving. So I never assume that something is because they don't want to do it.

Secondly, have you every personally known anyone who has panic attacks? I do and honestly, telling them to "grow up a little" is actually very offensive. I don't know what may have happened in her life to cause her to have panic attacks nor do I know how severe they are or are not, but honestly that is for her to judge, not me. After almost having one myself at Fantasmic! on our last Disney World trip because everyone kept pressing in behind my ECV and kicking it in the back because they were in an area they weren't even supposed to be standing in, I can say I have an even deeper appreciation for those that do have panic attacks more frequently. Luckily, I was finally able to get a manager to intervene and they finally kept the area clear, but it was a major issue.

And yes, I know this post is probably going to come across as preachy, but such is life, because really she doesn't come off as preachy in the least. She comes across as informative and trying to help people understand when others are having issues similar to her panic attacks and I think that is fair.

I love the Trackers and watch them all the time, but I'd never bother them for a selfie anyway. Their videos are so much fun, and it's obvious they really love what they do. I'd hate for that to end because they could no longer walk around the parks without being mobbed by fans.

I'm not saying I wouldn't say 'hello' if an appropriate opportunity arose. And heaven knows I'd be thrilled to do a "Now it's time to pay the price"! But if I ever see them doing their thing in the parks, I'll be one of the doofuses in the background pointing and having a silent hissy-fit, LOL!

They seem like genuinely good people to me.

I love the Trackers and watch them all the time, but I'd never bother them for a selfie anyway. Their videos are so much fun, and it's obvious they really love what they do. I'd hate for that to end because they could no longer walk around the parks without being mobbed by fans.

I'm not saying I wouldn't say 'hello' if an appropriate opportunity arose. And heaven knows I'd be thrilled to do a "Now it's time to pay the price"! But if I ever see them doing their thing in the parks, I'll be one of the doofuses in the background pointing and having a silent hissy-fit, LOL!

They seem like genuinely good people to me.
Same here, I mean if I sat next to them while eating or something and the tables were close, I might say hi, but otherwise, as you say I wouldn't want to end up seeing mobs of people around them, then they couldn't actually do what they do.

First off, you do know she has a day job that doesn't involve YouTube, right? She doesn't just sit at home all day and as to why Tim tends to drive is probably the same reason I tend to drive when going places. I honestly can't handle being in the passenger seat. Seriously, I get very anxious any time that I am in a situation where I am not the one behind the wheel, with the exception of being on the buses at Disney World. Even local public transit when I have to take it makes me nervous, not because of the other passengers, but because I am not the one driving. So I never assume that something is because they don't want to do it.

Secondly, have you every personally known anyone who has panic attacks? I do and honestly, telling them to "grow up a little" is actually very offensive. I don't know what may have happened in her life to cause her to have panic attacks nor do I know how severe they are or are not, but honestly that is for her to judge, not me. After almost having one myself at Fantasmic! on our last Disney World trip because everyone kept pressing in behind my ECV and kicking it in the back because they were in an area they weren't even supposed to be standing in, I can say I have an even deeper appreciation for those that do have panic attacks more frequently. Luckily, I was finally able to get a manager to intervene and they finally kept the area clear, but it was a major issue.

And yes, I know this post is probably going to come across as preachy, but such is life, because really she doesn't come off as preachy in the least. She comes across as informative and trying to help people understand when others are having issues similar to her panic attacks and I think that is fair.

No sorry she does not have a job beyond YouTube. All she does is edit the videos. My irritation with her comes from the fact she has panic attacks at things she doesn't want to do, unpleasant things like driving in traffic. Do any of us like driving in traffic? It is an unpleasant fact of life that we all have to deal with. Not Jenn! This strong woman has to be driven around, like a 12 year old. Also as I was thinking about it. Jenn also seems to complain a lot. Is she ever happy with a meal, or anything really?

No sorry she does not have a job beyond YouTube. All she does is edit the videos. My irritation with her comes from the fact she has panic attacks at things she doesn't want to do, unpleasant things like driving in traffic. Do any of us like driving in traffic? It is an unpleasant fact of life that we all have to deal with. Not Jenn! This strong woman has to be driven around, like a 12 year old. Also as I was thinking about it. Jenn also seems to complain a lot. Is she ever happy with a meal, or anything really?
And just to hopefully educate you on a topic you seem woefully uninformed about, panic attacks aren't simply experiencing something "unpleasant". Panic attacks are legitimately dangerous, especially behind the wheel of a car, and even more so if that car is in the midst of thick traffic. Personally, I wouldn't want someone prone to panic attacks driving along a crowded freeway with me. That's dangerous. Expecting a person like that to just get over it and drive in traffic anyway is asking for trouble.

My only complaint, if you want to call it that with Tim is that he is sometimes too pro Disney and comes off as a walking commercial. Everything isn't awesome all the time, it's ok to say something negative.

Then again, I can't blame him. Tim's making money and Disney is inviting him to events so he's doing something right.

My only complaint, if you want to call it that with Tim is that he is sometimes too pro Disney and comes off as a walking commercial. Everything isn't awesome all the time, it's ok to say something negative.

Then again, I can't blame him. Tim's making money and Disney is inviting him to events so he's doing something right.
Except, he does indeed say when there are things he doesn't like, but even with things he doesn't care for, he still finds the positive in it.

Unless something has changed fairly recently (which is possible), she does have a job outside of YouTube, they just don't talk about it much. And if she doesn't have a job outside of YouTube, so what?

And I can see you never have dealt with panic attacks or hadhanyone you are close to deal with the or you would know how truly dangerous they could be, especially behind the wheel.

:sad2:

Seems like you watched a few videos and decided to make this extremely critical post.

Been watching them daily for years. You have it all wrong.

I find him to be a generally pleasant and positive personality, but there are definitely times he is not impressed with something, especially food. He seems to have a pretty 'plain' palette and doesn't like a lot of ethnic foods (generally), and no seafood either, so when they are reviewing food I prefer he has his wife with him that eats a more wide variety of things, ha. I've only been watching his channel for a little over a year so I don't know what the older videos are like. But yeah, he is still critical of things, but I think his kind of positive personality can gloss it over a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter