Time between parks on buses (or monorail or whatever)

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
How long does it generally take to get between parks using the buses, etc? I’ve always done 1 park per day tickets, but I’m considering getting a park hopper instead.

I guess it depends which parks you're hopping to/from...I usually restrict my hops to MK/Epcot or DHS/Epcot. When AK used to close at 5, I'd go from there to MK because it was usually open the latest in the way back when...

If you want a more specific, data-based estimate of the time between 2 parks, you can use Google maps and select the public transportation directions

Save your money. You’ll get more done doing one park per day. Always.
We have never gotten a hopper and delicate one park per day. MK always takes at least two days. There is time wasted going to the bus and park to park.

So back to the OP question. Don’t get the hopper. Just stick with one park per day. Makes the trip easier and more accomplished. There can be a massive amount of wasted time going between parks and security.

My family always buys park hoppers. For us the being able to go from one park to another is a great way to break up the day. Plus, if one park seems really busy, you can always check out a different one.

To answer your question OP, allow about an hour to get to one park from another. If you have an ADR, Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes, just in case you r un into any bad luck with traffic, or the buses/monorail/boats not showing up in a timely manner.

We have never gotten a hopper and delicate one park per day. MK always takes at least two days. There is time wasted going to the bus and park to park.

I don't fully agree, this fall leaving HS after the initial rope drop will be the way to go likely. 2 days of rope drop followed by Epcot likely by mid/late morning.

This exactly why we spent the roughly $50 per person over 9 days to get the hoppers. Not to mention the ability to hit Food and Wine if we want in the evenings while one couple stays back and watches the kids.

Sure if all parks are the same then can why you don't hope. Each family has their own style though no real right answer.

I don't fully agree, this fall leaving HS after the initial rope drop will be the way to go likely. 2 days of rope drop followed by Epcot likely by mid/late morning.

This exactly why we spent the roughly $50 per person over 9 days to get the hoppers. Not to mention the ability to hit Food and Wine if we want in the evenings while one couple stays back and watches the kids.

Sure if all parks are the same then can why you don't hope. Each family has their own style though no real right answer.
I can respect that. All is different. I was more along the lines of commando Disney. We get there early and stay late. Each park.

So back to the OP question. Don’t get the hopper. Just stick with one park per day. Makes the trip easier and more accomplished. There can be a massive amount of wasted time going between parks and security.
I totally disagree. We always get park hoppers. Yes it is an added expense. But in the overall costs of a Disney vacation it is minimal. We go to a park early, tour until after lunch and return to the resort for a break. We always go to a different park each evening. Not having a Hopper would make our trips miserable.
You have one way of touring that works for your family. Others have different desires. All is good.
But your statement, issued as FACT, is not accurate. It is OPINION.

We have done it both ways...one park/one day and other trips with a park hopper. I prefer one park/one day but planning ADRs 6 months ahead and then FP 60 days...things change with parties and special events it's nice having that flexibility if needed.

We have done both. With a shorter stay (5 or 6 days) we go with one park per day. For longer stays, we get the park hopper. The park hopper allows us to go during the day (lower crowds) when there are "hard" ticket events ( parties) and then move to another park. Also, the park hopper allows us to leave one park and have lunch or dinner at another (Epcot) and the possibility of returning. Yes, the park hopper (transportation) takes away valuable park time. (Something to remember, you can always get one day\one park tickets and,when you get to Disney, you can always upgrade to park hopper. Disney does not allow you to down grade a ticket).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter