"time cards" given to GAC users similar to fast passes

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere on this board ( I think by Sue M) that if using a GAC during busy days at the theme parks that the CM may issue your party a "time card"similar to a "fast pass"card with a return time for the attraction.

Can anyone share how this experience worked out for them.

We will be at the theme parks at fairly busy times I suspect (MK - Dec 20 and AK Dec 22) and was wondering if this is how we will be handled when showing the GAC to a CM (My daughter is not medicated and does fine on a day to day basis at home but her behaviour changes completely in a high stim environment, thus, I will be requesting a GAC, just in case).

A year or two ago seeing an attraction and not being able to ride immediately would have been difficult since my DD7 (ADHD, ASD tendencies, SID tendencies) had some pretty serious "ïmmediate gratification" issues but is doing much better lately (I hope this continues). Also, I am unable to send my DH ahead to obtain a fast pass at any of the FP attractions since he suffers from severe GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) etc etc and can't be left alone in such a busy high stimulation environment in case he gets into a high anxiety or panic attack situation. For the same reasons, I can't leave him with DD7 and DS4 to go ahead and pick up a fast pass for the rides. In fact, DH may not be able to stay very long at the parks so I may be on my own with the kids which will be fine since I am going to rent a double stroller.

BTW, DH is on anti-anxiety and anti-depressants and does fine in day to day situations (he is able to hold down a full time job with no problems) but put him into a environment like WDW and I'm not sure how he (or DD7 for that matter) will be.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you,
Riu Girl:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Beleive it or not, until Dec ember 23 or 24 it is still value (slow) season and the parks are not as crowded as the following week.

I have heard the same thing about crowds as Cheshire Figment mentioned.
I have been there after Christmas and have been told by people we saw there that it was not busy until the 24th or 25th.
When it is very busy (or when it's not busy, but there are too many people with special needs wanting to ride at the same), the CM may give you a card with a return time written on it. The card works the same way as a fastpass card (when you come back, you return to the fastpass line and give your card to the CM there). The return time you are given may be the same as the fastpass return time being given out then or it may be the same as the standby wait time.
The CM don't always do the same things at the same ride/attraction. They do what they need to do to manage the ride and the needs of the guests (and sometimes that meanws doing one thing, sometimes another).

I just wanted to thank you both for the helpful info. I'm sure it will work out alright for us.

Anybody else had any experience with the "time cards"? If so, please feel free to post away!!!!

Thanks again.

Riu Girl:sunny: :sunny:

I do want to caution against sharing too much specific information.
How things are handled exactly changes from day to day because of crowd conditions/ride busy-ness, so what was done one day mat not be done exactly that way the next time.
And, although specific info people post is helpful for other people with disabilities, I've also been informed it is sometimes mis-used by people without disabilities who have no scruples or shame.

In our experience it was mostly used for those attractions that did not have mainstream access, or if Fastpass access is what they provided, when they were out of Fastpasses. My hubby uses an ECV.

One time we went to Peter Pan, and they were all out of FastPasses, so we were given one of those cards.

Also on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, don't remember if they were out of FastPasses, or if this was before FastPass was installed, we went to the standby entrance and was given a card and told to go to the exit at that time.

Carol

The only time we were given a 'time card' during our 14 day stay last month was in Epcot for the Land ride. I think it was for about 20 mins later so we had an enjoyable drink in the eating area whilst we waited.

The worst thing was trying not to let DS2 see Mickey in the restaurant there!

Barry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter