Time differences with an infant?

Mrs. Toaster

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm hoping that some of you experienced family travelers out there can give me some advice. We will be traveling with our 11 month old son from coast to coast, and I am looking for suggestions as to how to best handle the time difference with his schedule (feedings, bedtimes etc.). I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you in advance!

My extended family does a lot of transatlantic travel, and it has always been our experience that the children tend to adjust at the rate of one day per hour. If the time difference is 6 hours, then they are back on schedule by the sixth day.

We've traveled extensively with our daughter since she was 6 weeks old (now 6 years old). Our experience has always been that she adjusted amazingly! Almost as if there was nothing different. We've been to time zones up to 9 hours difference, and it just seems that she took a nap when she was tired. We all love when kids nap, right? ;)

If you are going from the West to East coast, it will be a cinch. The baby will probably just be up a little earlier than usual, and nap at different times of the day.

Ours will be 11 months old too when we go in May! Good luck!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter