Time for yours truly...

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
To leave this board. My opinions and thoughts are not accepted nor respected here. To the point that several of you choose to directly insult me is disgusting and if you met me face to face you would think twice about it. Even though I may say things that the collective you disagree with doesn't give you the right to directly insult me.

I love my ownership in the DVC but I will be skeptical of some of my neighbors when I visit in the future and that is a shame.

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry that you feel this way. I haven't been reading the board too much lately so I don't know what happened, but I'm always sorry to hear if someone leaves. I truly hope you change your mind. I have always enjoyed reading your posts, even if I disagree.

Ah c'mon sgtpet, look what they have been saying about me for the last 10 years. Well, in my case it is just about all true, so I guess that's a bad example.

Man, if they can't respect a different opinion than theirs without getting petty, just ignore them. I used to have private detectives investigate every aspect of peoples' lives who disagreed with me, but that can get expensive when you use your own coin instead of the taxpayers.

DVC was designed to make us happy, not get bent out of shape like a used cigar.

It's good to see you have a thick skin Mr. President. I voted for you and personally don't care how you "smoke" your cigars!:o
sgtpet- I have not read any of your posts or replies(I don't think). Is it really all that bad?:eek:
I know it is sad but I would miss this board if I stopped visiting it. I hope you change your mind.

sgtpet,

I hope you won't leave the board. This board is great because of different views and opinions. I know you took this member cruise thing very personally, and I am sure there are other people who view your posts negatively.

However, it is always good to see people raise issues. We don't need to see things eye to eye. Most of us come to this Board because we love Disney, despite our many other differences.

It will be unfortunate if you decide to leave because of some people's comments. Look at all the arguments among members regarding OKW versus BWV. Though the arguments can get heated, it does provide some interesting observations and views.

I hope you will reconsider and stay with the board. What fun will it be if everyone sees thing the same way all the time.

sgtpet,

I never had a problem with any of your posts. I hope you keep posting.;)

Originally posted by sgtpet
To leave this board. My opinions and thoughts are not accepted nor respected here.

Sgtpet, I hope you will reconsider your decision. If I have responded in a way that made you feel this way, then please feel assured that I was disagreeing with your position and not you personally. I haven't posted here in a while but came back this past week when I learned about the Members cruise and was excited about it. I've been flamed alot for my opinions on this but that is OK. Everyone's opinions and thoughts should be respected even though they will not always be accepted.

Please don't do that! As Johnnie Fedora so eloquently put it on another thread:

Without some healthy discussion and disagreement, this board would nothing more than an unfunded advertisement for DVC, and an long welcome thread.

I certainly disagree with many Disney policies, and I don't want to be one of the only dissenters! :rolleyes:

Had to edit, spelled Johnnie's name wrong!

SgtPet -- Sometimes things get heated. Personal attacks are terrible and are annoying. It's hard, but try to let it slide.

I hope you will consider coming back, maybe after a "break" if you need one. We need a mix of opinions. Your thought process when you were deciding to buy made for many interesting discussions.

Originally posted by sgtpet
To leave this board. My opinions and thoughts are not accepted nor respected here.

I beg to differ with you SgtPet...you do have people here that enjoy reading your posts and points of view........I find your comments non-sugar-coated and bluntly to the point. There is nothing wrong with that. I have enjoyed your posts from when you were first deciding to buy or not to buy.

I will cut and paste my posting from another recent thread below:

There can be a lot of "happy talk" here that may make it seem like DVC and "Mother Disney" can do no wrong. When a negative post comes along about DVC or a program (like the "special" cruise), many feel they must squelch any opinions that may be--shall we say--less than glowing. I have participated on both positive and negative threads because I realize there are good and bad aspects about ownership. The more time you spend on the boards, the more you'll know some of the posters and what strikes a nerve with them. You will also be able to gauge how many grains of salt you'll need to accept their opinion as valid. Personally, I like to see a variety of opinions expressed including SgtPet (I happen to agree with his view of the "special" cruise). The most negative that some posters want you to get is that you didn't get a "welcome home" on your last visit. Without some healthy discussion and disagreement, this board would nothing more than an unfunded advertisement for DVC, and a long welcome thread.

During our buying process we found these boards to be very helpful for both positive and negative issues. You will generally get good advice here, although it will tend to be anti-negative as most of us here own.

I would hate for this board to have one fewer part-time Disney skeptic ;) ;). In my opinion, we could use a few more to balance things out. Hope you keep posting. after all there are only a few more days till we find out whether the "special" cruise sells out or not. ;) ;)

Johnnie

sgtpet,
You should not leave this board just because of a few rude comments made. I have read many posts from others that are consistently much more rude than what was written regarding your posts and yet all the posters are still here. Just take it with a grain of salt and ignore ignorant behavior. I do agree wholeheartedly with the last statement of your post though. And for this reason alone, I have no desire to go on a DVC only cruise.

Shannon, I think this got moved some how in error from the DVC board to the Community board. Even though you never post on the CB, sgtpet, I always feel bad when anybody wants to leave. (well, almost anybody). Hope you return some day, sgtpet.

I PM'ed this to you as well, but wanted to post it here too.

You are an important member of this community, and your views are very welcome here. Please don't let certain individuals being jerks drive you away. We definitely need you to express your voice on the DVC Board.

Please don't go.

I am tired of the double standards on the DVC Board and will not post there anymore. I do not know why it went to this board. It has nothing to do with the DIS community just the DVC board.

Oh well.

Please ignore if you are not a frequent visitor to the DVC board.

Thank you

sgt pet....I'll add my voice to those who think that a variety of views are good for the boards.

One of the things that bothers some is when opinion is stated as fact. On the DVC board, there are a lot of factual questions about the logistics of DVC, rules, etc. And there are a lot of opinions voiced there as well.

Some people state an opinion and are upset when others honestly disagree. Some people state an opinion and are flamed for saying something unpopular. Both of these scenarios could stand some improvement, but I don't see them any worse here on the DIS boards than I do in everyday life.

WDW and DVC involve a lot of passion (witness the more than two million posts on these boards alone!). And people tend to get a little heated when they're passionate about something.....I'm sure if I went to a Star Trek convention and shouted "Mr. Spock was a jerk!" I'd get some heated responses as well.

All I'm trying to say is that people will disagree, and how they do that is not always nice. If you find these boards informative and/or entertaining, I wouldn't let a few people keep you away.

I hope you stick around. Takes all the colors to make a rainbow. :)

It's possible that since the DVC board is company sponsored, there may be a tendency to keep negative comments muted. No facts here just opinion......Johnnie :)

While I don't know what happened, I can say that I value and appreciate 99.9% of the posts I read on this board, and that includes yours! Please, stay!

sgtpet, I also wanted to let you know that I hope that you will stick around. I have learned many things from your posts and it would be ashame if you decided to leave. There are many very strong opinions on these boards and many very good people, sometimes those good people's strong opinions don't always agree with mine, but I just try to realize that I am allowed to have a different opinion and try not to let it bother me. I hope you can too! Hope to see you around, if not, I hope to some day meet you a BCV (I will be the tall blonde with a smile on my face, please don't be skeptical of me!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter