Time Warner Selling?

Mr. Mickey

DIS Veteran
I’m having trouble finding the original article but this one still gives some good information...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/02/28/warner-bros-dc-comics-for-sale/

What do you guys think? What makes this even more intriguing are the rumors that sony may be selling too. I would absolutely love for Disney to obtain the DC rights and maybe even looney tunes or Harry Potter but honestly it’s a long stretch. Just wanted to see the reactions of my fellow DISboarders lol

Fox or not I don't see Time Warner/DC fitting the Disney brand. They already have Marvel. Why would you take on their largest competitor?

Would Comcast going after DC give them any incentive to revert Marvel theme park rights to Disney?

Would Comcast going after DC give them any incentive to revert Marvel theme park rights to Disney?

If Disney made them an offer for the rights, I think having a similar property they owned and could use to replace Marvel would make them more receptive.

At one point universal had DC planned for their new park rather than marvel. These plans were very far into development below is a video that goes through what went down...

I think DC fits better with Universal than Disney. Overall, it's just a darker set of comic characters, especially headliners like Batman. That being said, I just don't see Disney paying for the Marvel rights in Orlando regardless of what happens with DC. You see Disney's strategy already. Develop the characters they can use, use the Avengers characters in the other Parks.

I don't expect this to change. I don't expect Disney will have any interest in DC. I do hope someone buys the rights and makes some decent movies. Overall DC's attempt to replicate the MCU success has been pitiful and half baked.

It would be difficult for Universal to swap Marvel for DC at IOA because Six Flags has the rights to DC.

Last I heard, I thought AT&T was in the running to buy Time Warner out. (*derp sorry should have read that article first)

Though it would be very interesting if Comcast did buy them instead. It's going to make the rivalry between the major studios all the more crazy.

Fox or not I don't see Time Warner/DC fitting the Disney brand. They already have Marvel. Why would you take on their largest competitor?
to kill off the competition, but honestly DC has yet to compete.

IMO Wonder Woman is the only one that came close

Comcast already tried to buy TW and it fell through for the same reasons the AT&T deal might not happen. Now if AT&T falls through and they break it up to sell the pieces, maybe they will try to buy DC. But they are now going after Sky, so it might not be the time even if they were interested.

Comcast already tried to buy TW and it fell through for the same reasons the AT&T deal might not happen. Now if AT&T falls through and they break it up to sell the pieces, maybe they will try to buy DC. But they are now going after Sky, so it might not be the time even if they were interested.
While you are right Comcast tried to buy Time Warner, but you are wrong because it was Time Warner cable not the Studio, DC, HBO and the other networks. They are two different companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!