Timeshare deals

My parents bought into Westgate too. Their home resort is Branson, MO. A place I have no interest in going there twice. My Mom likes to bring up that they can use the property in Orlando, but didn't offer it to us to use for our 12/19 trip (which is fine, just funny). We have done a big family vacation with both sets of parents. We won't ever do that again.

Funny u mentioned the Branson resort. My uncle was thinkn about switching his home resort from Orlando to Branson because it offers some different rules of which im not sure. Orlando is by far the most popular so he gets less privileges there. Next time im at his house ill ask about the difference. I gota say though, the resort is absolutely beautiful and they offer alot of resort entertainment.

Funny u mentioned the Branson resort. My uncle was thinkn about switching his home resort from Orlando to Branson because it offers some different rules of which im not sure. Orlando is by far the most popular so he gets less privileges there. Next time im at his house ill ask about the difference. I gota say though, the resort is absolutely beautiful and they offer alot of resort entertainment.

I do have to say I agree with that. The resort in Branson is beautiful as well and there was a lot for us to do. I think timeshares are silly, so there was a bit of that. Mostly my ire was directly split between the personality of our company and the fact that I was not digging Branson AT ALL.

I do have to say I agree with that. The resort in Branson is beautiful as well and there was a lot for us to do. I think timeshares are silly, so there was a bit of that. Mostly my ire was directly split between the personality of our company and the fact that I was not digging Branson AT ALL.

Really, im actually goin with my uncle to the Branson resort in June of this year. He was able to get a double room villa with seperate kitchenette. As of now ive only seen pics of the Orlando resort. Any suggestions on what or what NOT to do at Branson.

Last edited:
My first trip to Disney i was 20 and married. My now XH has to be Disney every summer as a kid. His parents always did timeshare presentations for tickets or accommodations. They made good money, and IMO, didn’t need to do This but they did.

Anyway, my XH only wanted to go if we did a timeshare presentation. A very nice 2 bedroom condo at silver lake for $150 for 4 nights. I was against it. He didn’t know anything better so this is what he knew to be the best way.

It was awful! They were rude. Our person was also Hispanic and she made smart remarks in Spanish and English to us lol. At the end she said “why did you even bother coming if you weren’t going to buy?”

After that we said never again. We did do the dvc tour once and it was no pressure at all. Complete opposites.

My first trip to Disney i was 20 and married. My now XH has to be Disney every summer as a kid. His parents always did timeshare presentations for tickets or accommodations. They made good money, and IMO, didn’t need to do This but they did.

Anyway, my XH only wanted to go if we did a timeshare presentation. A very nice 2 bedroom condo at silver lake for $150 for 4 nights. I was against it. He didn’t know anything better so this is what he knew to be the best way.

It was awful! They were rude. Our person was also Hispanic and she made smart remarks in Spanish and English to us lol. At the end she said “why did you even bother coming if you weren’t going to buy?”

After that we said never again. We did do the dvc tour once and it was no pressure at all. Complete opposites.

About 2 yr ago, i got a weird call from a FL number and they said i had won a free vacation, if i remember correct, he said i won 5 days at siver lake and 2 days at their Daytona beach resort with an 8hr party cruise at Daytona. It then turned from free to u get all this for $299 and must go to a 90min tour of silver lake. When i told him no, he was getn mad and started getn very rude and crossed the line. I have a very bad temper and cant say how that conversation ended but after i hung up a quick search on google showed tons of horrible reviews about silver lake.

Friend told me if I ever wanted a timeshare get a 2 bedroom somewhere affordable. She trades her 2 bedroom for a 2 bedroom where she wants to go.
And look at foreclosures, or the giveaways on TUG. We were gifted our TS years ago, at Lake Ozark MO. 3 bed 2.5 bath in a redweek. Maintenance fees $400/year. It trades as gold in Interval International. We’ve used it to trade into Orlando many times, in Tx and years ago in Cayman Islands. And if you didn’t understand all this jargon really do your research before you do a presentation! We’ve done some over the years, but not once has anyplace been able to beat what we have. Why should I buy for thousands of dollars at this resort when I traded into it?

Really, im actually goin with my uncle to the Branson resort in June of this year. He was able to get a double room villa with seperate kitchenette. As of now ive only seen pics of the Orlando resort. Any suggestions on what or what NOT to do at Branson.
The lakes are fun, do see Dixie Stampede. And try to get to Silver Dollar City. Be prepared to walk though. It’s in the hills and not many flat surfaces. The Landing has some fun shops and places to eat.
If you have time and a car- HQ for Bass Pro flagship store is in Springfield also g with Wonders of Wildlife museum and aquarium. The Aquarium is spectacular, and you can try authentic Springfield style cashew chicken.
The shows in Branson are good so maybe see what might be to your taste.

The track family fun park if you're into go karts, video games, etc. The Ferris wheel is there too. They have helicopter rides. We LOVED Silver dollar city. That was my favorite part of the trip. If you are into that kind of thing, there are a ton of shows. The Haygoods, etc. That stuff is not my cup of tea. If I am going to a concert/music show it is someone I am into. They have a Tanger outlet as well. I would have loved to go there, but we didn't have much free time.

Timeshares can be great or a nightmare. Make sure you know exactly what you are buying and always buy resale. I own two and love it. I use them and save money every year. I paid virtually nothing for them and they are worth nothing. I bought where we love to go every year. We use RCI to supplement with their last minute deals. Not everyone can get value from that. TUG2.net is a great resource to learn how to use timeshares to your advantage.

PS No one advocates Wastegate. That is a horrible organization known for high pressure sales.

The track family fun park if you're into go karts, video games, etc. The Ferris wheel is there too. They have helicopter rides. We LOVED Silver dollar city. That was my favorite part of the trip. If you are into that kind of thing, there are a ton of shows. The Haygoods, etc. That stuff is not my cup of tea. If I am going to a concert/music show it is someone I am into. They have a Tanger outlet as well. I would have loved to go there, but we didn't have much free time.

Branson is cool but you are in Missouri
(Its only funny to me cause I'm in kansas city kansas)
No really Branson is fun. They have a cool timeshare deal at Cablels/Bass pro

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!