timeshare tours in exchange for discount tickets

We went along for the ride once - to get a week free at a Diamond Resort. When they asked - why we were not interested... we stuck to.

"You know -- we just filed for bankruptcy, and my DH just lost his job a few months ago. I just don't see this as an expense we can afford! Besides - the down payment could go towards catching up our Mortgage." -- It was all a lie, but... they lost most of their interest in us, after hearing that.

Would I do it again? Honestly - maybe, if there was a full week stay at a resort, or if we got received something equivalent to maybe $800/900. Other than that, a solid No. That's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

We live fairly close to Branson and the large amount of timeshare junkies that work in gas stations, etc will drive you crazy if you don't learn how to say no and keep walking.

I agree, been on vacation at some locations where they also do that. We told the hotel manager it gives his property a sleazy reputation and just looks bad. They try to get you to talk to them by asking some innocent sounding question.....just ignore them and keep walking. Gives the whole time share industry a sleazy appearance as a bunch of con artists. But maybe that is true of most of them......LOL.

Timeshare tickets for Disney are usually not very useful for longer vacations. They are most likely not upgradable so they may knock perhaps just $12. apiece off of your ticket budget.

Example: Four day regular ticket plus two timeshare single day tickets compared with one six day regular ticket.

Actually, a timeshare ticket is worth exactly the same as one purchased at the gate and is entirely upgradeable. I have done it in the past when I had the time and lack of funds.

Honestly, if I had to do a timeshare presentation to try and get a free/discounted park ticket of some kind - I wouldn't go. It's just not worth my time or effort.

^^^ Same here (time/effort or aggravation)......anytime someone uses the word 'timeshare'..............I stay as far away as possible. That whole industry has a dreadful reputation as a bunch of con-artists and fast-talking high pressure people. NO reputable business sells their product that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter