Timeshares in addition to DVC

3princesses

Earning My Ears
Does anyone own a timeshare in addition to DVC? Curious about the Hilton Grand Vacation Club program--any opinions, feedback, complaints or advice? Much appreciated! Thanks

There are a number of people that participate on this board that own multiple timeshares.

My suggestion would be that if you are really interested in exploring the world of timeshares, that you become a member of the Timeshare Users Group - while I think it's no contest that this site is the best place to find DVC information, the TUG site has lots of info on timeshares in general, including lots of reviews, etc., and it is well worth the yearly membership fee.

We also own a traditional timeshare in Palm Springs, the Palm Canyon Resort and Spa. We used it to trade into OKW and while we were there we purchased DVC. We really enjoy timesharing and now it is the only way we like to vacation.

I don't know much about HGVC, however, you could go to tug2.net and check out their information. There are lots of different bulletin boards, you could post your question on either the "buying & Selling" board or the "points based" timeshare board. You don't need to be a member to access this really valuable timeshare information, however, if you make a $15 investment, you can also access resort reviews and such. TUG (timeshare users group) is supported by volunteers and I always get way more than my money's worth each year. If you join, tell 'em I sent you ;)

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chri

[This message was edited by Califgirl on 02-03-01 at 04:23 PM.]

Agreed TUG is the place for you to go. Also consider Timesharing Today. At TST they have multiple message boards dedicted to different companies but not one for Hilton. If your considering another points program you might want to look at RCI's Global Points Network, Bluegreen, Fairfield and I'm sure there are others. Intrawest and Paradise Village MX also work on points. I'm not sure about Worldmark. I don't think I'd consider Sunterra at this time due to Bankruptcy and the fact that the points can't be sold, only the underlying unit owned.

Dean

Thanks to everyone for this useful information. Since some friends of mine have been considering the Marriott Timeshares I will pass this along to them. These boards are great!

We own timeshares at 2 other locations - French Lick, IN and Gatlinbirg, TN. We use them mostly for exchange, since we don't exchange our DVC. We were also able to pick both up very inexpensively (one was only $500!) - which is an important consideration.
We belong to both Tug and TST and find them to be great resources. Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

My only comment about HGVC is that their system of resorts is pretty much limited to southwest FL (on the gulf), Orlando and Las Vegas. If you happen to be interested in visiting one of these destinations most years, you would enjoy the internal trade priority of owning with this company.

It seems as if most HGVC owners are pretty happy with their resorts and their trade power for RCI trades in general. But it may be pricier than some other good RCI trade weeks. So it's most worthwhile if you actually want to trade into their own resorts (which may be somewhat difficult trades otherwise). Unless you really want southwest FL, consider the other companies too. :) And definitely join TUG!!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter