Timing for FPS after Water Park mornings

tracee22

Earning My Ears
We’re excited to be hitting up the water parks for the first time this summer. We are usually out of season visitors so we’ve never had the chance before. I’ve read through helpful posts here and am planning to do some mornings there and then plan to head to the parks in the afternoon based on the advice I’ve seen here.

FP day is Monday so I am wondering if anyone has any advice for timing of FPs. Like don’t book anything before....or any other helpful tips.

The fam is quite energetic and won’t require a lot of downtime - I might but they won’t :-) if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated!

Just an FYI, you will be climbing a lot of stairs in the water parks. We did Typhoon Lagoon last week. We arrived before it opened at 10. Get your locker and everything else you need. Then at 10, they allow you further in to the park. Grab your chairs and hit the big slides first. The first hour to 90 minutes will be no waits at all. Then hit the wave pool and lazy river when it starts to get busy. We left by 2PM and our first fast pass was for 5:45 at the AK. We went back to the resort for a much needed break before heading to the AK.

Like don’t book anything before....or any other helpful tips.

The fam is quite energetic and won’t require a lot of downtime - I might but they won’t :-) if anyone has any advice,
If you are getting to the water park at opening (10am) then probably by 1ish you might of had your fill of the water park. From there you don't want to venture to a park in bathing suits or wet clothing, so likely you would want to go back change and head off to the park. I would probably book my first FP no earlier than 5pm, which will essentially give you until 6 to get to your first FP. This will also give you a little break and might by pass some of the afternoon rain that can happen during the summer. You will want a little afternoon break - the heat can be draining and the last thing you want to do is rush when you are on vacation.

Besides what the others said, it's also difficult to drink a lot of water at the Water Parks so you tend to get dehydrated. Are you going back to the resort to shower (I would want to)? Will you rely on Disney transport? Is your resort close to a park?

I would say 6:00ish for evening FPs depending on your dinner plans. 2:00 is a reasonable time to be done with the WP but going back to change, rest, and travel will take some time.

If I was doing a park after a water park I'd make sure it was very near or where my dinner reservation was then book by FP+ around that and it would more than likely be the easiest park I could get to from my resort. Id also consider the desire to want to be out of the sun as much as possible.

For example...if I was at Pop Century it would be dinner at Sci-Fi with a FP+ for ToT and RnR before dinner (back to back) then Slinky Dog after dinner and maybe Star Tours on the way out.

Thank you all for your advice! This helped a lot. I need more time than I was considering - I would have set my FP's up for too early to be sure!

OT: Do you have an extra non-park day in the middle of your vacation? If so you could use that day for the water park and avoid the anxiety of getting to the theme park later and making your Fast Pass times.

You do not need another day on your ticket to do it this way

Our last trip was April 2018. We only did Typhoon Lagoon on that trip. We were there at opening and left around 1:30. We Used Uber (quick & cheap, it was only like $6) & went back to POFQ, changed & headed to Animal Kingdom. Made our 4:30 FP with no problem. Summer will be busier water park season, so that would be a variable to account for. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!