Timing for Surf's Up and Fish Are Friends

jtba

DIS Veteran
does anyone know:

1) what time of the day surf's up and fish are friends are typically offered?
2) how long do the activities last?
3) are they available every day?

thanks in advance!

In June, my kids did Surf's Up. It was offered on Wednesdays (the day they did it) and I believe Sundays. It was over dinner time, I want to say 5:30-8:30. I know it was 3 hours and it might have been 6-9. I booked it about 3 months ahead of time by calling (808) 674-6200. Neither activity were listed in the Daily Iwa (schedule) making me think they were full already. I don't know the days of the week for Fish are Friends, but I do know it was also 3 hours and was over lunchtime. They were the same cost- I want to say $79.

Any thoughts on which of these two is better suited for an older child ( almost 9 and almost 11 year old girls)? I'm hoping the evening one, so we can hit Monkeypod for dinner!

Most of the kids in Surf's Up were in the 4-7 range. There were a few older ones, including a girl who was about 11 and looked, honestly, miserable when we picked up. But, if the group skewed older- it would probably be fine- hard to say for sure. And that was just our one experience, so I am not sure if that is the typical mix.

You can also reserve your kids a spot for dinner. You have to line up at 7AM to do so (or I did in June), but it is only like $8 a kid and they had an array of kid friendly options to choose from. If you are signed up for dinner, you are guaranteed entry into Aunty's 30 minutes before dinnertime and then they can stay as long as you/they would like. You can drop off anytime in general, but we did see the "at capacity" sign a few times. If you are signed up for something (meal or a class- free or paid), you will still be let in. At night there was a comedy free class that sounded fun- especially for older kids!

I was interested in the Surf's Up activity for my DD but if it's still only offered on Wednesday and Sunday we won't be able to fit it in. Part of me also doesn't want to put her in a club for 3 hours since our trip is short and meant to be family time in memory of her late twin brother.

for those who're looking for surf's up, we ended up signing up for the 5:30-8:30 session on wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter