Timing My Grocery Delivery?

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
We've never done any grocery delivery before so I'm feeling pretty clueless.

We will arrive at MCO at 12 noon on arrival day, will use ME, and hope to go right into the parks after getting to the resort. If we're using instacart, when should I schedule delivery? Do I have to be there or will they drop it at bell services? Thanks for any input.

I know that Garden Grocer will leave the order with Bell Services. They often get to our resort before we do anyway. It’s tough to time when using DME and of course your flight could be behind schedule as well. Those who do Instacart can be more specific I’m sure.

We've never done any grocery delivery before so I'm feeling pretty clueless.

We will arrive at MCO at 12 noon on arrival day, will use ME, and hope to go right into the parks after getting to the resort. If we're using instacart, when should I schedule delivery? Do I have to be there or will they drop it at bell services? Thanks for any input.
I would wait until I was aboard Magic Express and then put the order thru. Instacart will offer you delivery windows based on when you are placing your order. Just choose a time that works well with the time you expect to get to your resort. You should arrive at the resort before the shopper arrives with your delivery.

We have them drop first delivery. It's kept at bell services anyway. I'd rather not have to run back to grab it if they are late. Which is not typical.

We have them drop first delivery. It's kept at bell services anyway. I'd rather not have to run back to grab it if they are late. Which is not typical.
So you do not need to be at the resort checked in delivery is made by InstaCart? Do you provide your reservation number on the grocery order or is there no need for that?

We’ve done Instacart our last two trips. They do have wine and beer - but depending on where you order from. When using Instacart, you choose the store to shop from - Whole Foods there apparently does not have wine/beer, Publix does.

I don’t know if Instacart drops at bell services, you may need to be there to get it - both times I met the delivery driver (they texted when they got there). Also, since I was getting beer, I had to show my ID.

If you’re planning on coming back to the resort for dinner after the park, I would advise waiting until then. When you order from Instacart you can choose an approximate delivery time, and there are choices usually about an hour or two out.

For example, first time we used it, we were staying at Polynesian, and we went to the park just after arriving in the late afternoon. We then went back to the resort for quick service dinner, and we ordered from Instacart on the way back (or may have even been when we got back to the room, there was delivery still available for close to that time). The delivery arrived while we were sitting and eating, so I went and met her outside the lobby. Since there were a few bags, she walked in with me to where we were sitting, and I signed for everything. The second time we did something similar (staying at Wilderness - did a night in Pop the night before then transferred). We again ordered for a delivery time during dinner (we were eating at Whispering Canyon). Delivery came during dinner and I met them out by valet - they had put the bags on a bell services luggage cart. I signed for it, brought the cart in and left it by bell services - they were fine with keeping it there until we were done eating - then picked it up after dinner and brought it back to the room.

Also, be aware with Instacart that you should be available to text after your order. You’ll get a notification/text when they’re shopping for your order. If something’s not available or different from what was in the app, they’ll text you about a substitution option.

We thought it worked out really well for us both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter