Timing of the DVC cabins/booking 2024

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I know they said the new DVC cabins are slated to open in 2024, but any consensus/thoughts on when this might be? It seems like people have been able to book the current cabins into late 2024 and Disney hasn’t had any updates since they dropped the initial announcement in April. Curious if there have been any rumblings!

I don't think they're going to cancel anyone's reservations when they start the switchover. As it progresses, people will just either be in the old or the new cabins.

I think they'll 'work' the reservations and try to move everyone into specific loops, leaving full loops empty to be switched out. The only effect I can see is people won't be able to request certain loops if that loop is slated to be switched over during their stay.

I do think though that they'll try to do the work during historically 'low' seasons (if there is such a thing anymore) and that there will be less inventory available due to needing loops empty.

Or, as things go with Disney....it could be bumped to 2025, 2026, ad infinitum. Or not done at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter