Timing to get into park for KTTK tour?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
We (husband and myself) are staying off-site (Marriott Village) and have an 8:30 reservation for the KTTK tour on Saturday, Jan. 27. MK opens at 8:00 (not EMH, just an early opening).

We need to check in to the Town Square Theater at 8:15. What time should we leave our hotel in order to get to the theater on time? Google Maps shows it is a 13-minute drive to MK, but I know it will be more than that.

I don't mind if we build it time for a coffee stop on Main Street...just don't want to be late and I know there is security and a monorail ride from TTC to actually get into MK.

I'd leave earlier than 7am to be safe. You'll have to park at the TTC and then take the monorail or boat to MK. Factor in driving traffic, parking time, shuttle to monorail, security check, wait for monorail, ride on monorail (which notoriously has issues)/boat, enter MK...I'd leave at 6:30/6:45am for peace of mind. If you're early, enjoy that coffee! I'd rather be early than stress about being late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter