TimTracker posts video showing Disney Springs "social distancing"

I have a dear friend that I know from back when I was working at WDW - she is still a CM in a back-office position. She took her family to DS last night, which includes her son on the autism spectrum who is 10. He was not required to wear a mask. Upon entering, she explained the situation to the temp-checking CM, who then called over a manager. They pulled them over to the side, and after a brief discussion, the family was allowed entry. Nobody said anything to the family the entire evening.

I know this is going to make some people here angry - this is just one persons experience, and obviously we have no idea what things will look like going forward.

Disney will have to decide at some point what they believe and then act on it.

if they believe that masks are necessary for the safety of guests, then they should deny entry to anyone who can’t/won’t wear one. If they don’t believe they are necessary, as in the example above, then no one should have to wear one .

I feel like they already kind of have decided some guests are some exempt - technically the CDC recommendations are that children UNDER 2 shouldn’t wear them, and Disney is allowing up to 2 years, 11 months. I think an almost 3 year old is just as likely to be an asymptomatic carrier and spread droplets around just as much as a child only a year older.

To add to my friends experience - she saw quite a few children in the 3-8 range not wearing them, that weren’t holding food or snacks. She saw almost 100% compliance amongst adults. She didn’t see any CMs approach anyone or say anything those individuals. Obviously she wasn’t there to police that though, so she wasn’t avidly looking to see what happened.

I so hope you're right, and the report I read wasn't.

Did you see it on Facebook? Just saw a post by someone who said people were not being good at all about wearing their masks. The poster left after they counted 30 guests without their masks up around their faces.

Did you see it on Facebook? Just saw a post by someone who said people were not being good at all about wearing their masks. The poster left after they counted 30 guests without their masks up around their faces.
I saw it elsewhere, but it was reposting that guy's original posts and pictures. Though a number of people pointed out that the pictures didn't show what he said they did, especially with regards to benches where people were sitting at least 6 feet from the nearest family, so again - it's hard to know for sure. I suspect he's exaggerating the number slightly but that there were definitely at least a few people not wearing masks. How that relates both to the total population of DS at the moment and how it was dealt with (or not) by CMs outside of this guy's sight remain to be seen.

I saw the Twitter post, too. The pictures didn’t really support his argument - that there were a lot of unmasked people. However, I read all of the comments, and quite a few people claimed they were there, too, and saw tons of people not wearing masks.

I’d like to keep this thread open as a place to report actual experiences at Disney Springs during the re-opening phase. Please refrain from any debate about use of face masks and only report actual experiences at DS.

Hi, lanejudy.

Me, too.

I'm going to move some Disney Spring's opening day videos from my thread on disability community board to this thread below if it is okay.

I received this email explaining the new policies for the opening of Disney Springs next week.

Disney Springs is set to reopen on May 20, 2020 with Disney-owned restaurants and retail stores to follow on May 27, 2020.

I realize the Disney resorts are not open yet, but I sure would like to know when they do, how will they handle wheelchair/mobility scooter transportation like Disney buses if you don't have a car,

And how will Disney help children/adults with sensory issues wearing masks?

I realize there are so many unknowns at this time.

But here some info if you plan to attend Disney Springs next week.

Important Disney Springs Update
Dear Valued Annual Passholder,
As we begin to reopen Disney Springs with a number of shopping and dining locations beginning May 20, safety and well-being are at the forefront of all our planning efforts as we welcome back our Guests, some Cast Members, and third-party Operating Participants. As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes to our retail and dining offerings and other experiences. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a magical Disney experience in a responsible way.
Click here to learn more.
Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...75907|273432653&cid=1175675907&bid=1094499774

Sat, May 16, 2020Welcome Back! Here’s What You Need to Know About the Phased Reopening of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort
Matt Simon

by Matt Simon, Vice President, Disney Springs

Wednesday, May 20, will be a great first step in the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, as Disney Springs begins its initial reopening that morning. With the safety and well-being of our guests, cast members and third-party operating participants at the forefront of our planning, we are eager to begin welcoming you back to this part of Walt Disney World. While our theme parks and resort hotels remain temporarily closed, the phased reopening of Disney Springs is a welcome milestone as we navigate through this unprecedented time together as responsibly as we can.

Next week, many of our third-party operating participants will open their doors to Disney Springs guests. On May 27, three Disney-owned and -operated stores and venues will reopen: World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op. You can visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most current information on which locations are open.

You can visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most current information on which locations are open.

Based on applicable government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, we are implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes. Rest assured, there is plenty of magic awaiting you at Disney Springs – it just may feel a bit different than before. Here is what you need to know prior to your arrival:

Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. We will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.

Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).

Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. I encourage you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.

Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, we will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. We will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.

Cleanliness: We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. We will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.

Cashless Transactions: We’re recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.

View attachment 495050

Our cast members are going through extensive new training as we all learn to adjust to these changing times together. To that end, we will have some cast members walking throughout Disney Springs to explain our new procedures and answer any questions you may have. They will also encourage everyone to follow these measures for the health and safety of us all.

Everything we’re doing during this unprecedented time is in service of our guests, our cast members and our third-party operating participants, who will also be following these new guidelines in their locations. We are constantly monitoring conditions and best practices, and we continue to learn every day from health and government authorities. As a result, our operational changes and safety measures may change from time to time as circumstances evolve. We want to deliver all the Disney magic you know and love with safety, as always, our top priority.

I understand this is a great deal of change to absorb, and I speak for all of us at Walt Disney World in thanking you for your cooperation and patience during this initial phase. Today’s world is different, and it’s going to require a shared responsibility, with everyone doing their part.

As a reminder, please visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most up-to-date information on available shopping and dining locations, operating hours, new safety procedures and more.

We’re looking forward to seeing you real soon!

Here are some more photos from Disney Springs's opening day.

From Disney Tourist Blog

View attachment 495883

After parking in Orange and Lime garages, you’ll encounter these health screening stations before taking the escalators or elevator down to the entrances of Disney Springs.
Here’s where you’ll have your temperature taken and Cast Members will confirm you’re wearing a face mask. Parties with a guest whose temperature is above 100.4 will not be allowed entry, nor will those without face masks.

View attachment 495884

A look at the sandwich board signage that greets guests coming down the Lime Garage escalators.

View attachment 495885

Another look at signage that’s been installed around Disney Springs. You’ll likely see these on signposts about as frequently as the wildlife warnings that now line the shores of Walt Disney World’s waterfront.

View attachment 495887

New hand-washing and sanitizer stations have also been added around Disney Springs.

View attachment 495888

A look at the ‘do not stand here’ markings on sidewalks outside World of Disney.

View attachment 495889

Stores will have reduced capacity upon reopening, so it’s expected lines will form outside. Same deal as your local Trader Joe’s or Costco.

View attachment 495893

Directional signage that follows the rules of the road.

WESH2 news report

From Attractions Magazine

View attachment 495896

Today, for the first time since March 20, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World opened up for guests. The major shopping district has opened with limited food and merchandise options.

View attachment 495898

After parking, guests will be lead to a temperature check area. These are some of the signs that guests will see leading up to the temperature check.

View attachment 495899

Every guest in the party must pass the temperature check with a maximum temperature of 100.4º Fahrenheit or lower. If a guest’s temperature is higher they can sit and cool down in a white tent, shown in the background of the photo above. If their temperature doesn’t drop below 100.4º during that time, they and their party will not be allowed admission. Disney is having Advent Health in Florida assist them with temperature checks.

View attachment 495900

In an effort to stop physical contact between guests, Disney has the trash can swinging doors pushed in fully.

View attachment 495901

Disney has also added markers on the ground to help guests know they are six feet away from others while in line. These are outside of most restaurants and stores. There are usually 5 markers per store. This was more than enough, combined with the indoor capacity of stores, except for places like Starbucks and Chicken Guy. If there are more guests than markers, guests are expected to self-enforce six feet of social distancing.

View attachment 495902

In pinch-points or high traffic areas, Disney has implemented arrows to keep the flow of traffic organized.

View attachment 495903

Not all of the restaurants and stores at Disney Springs have re-opened. Some locations, like House Of Blues, have yet to declare when they will re-open.

View attachment 495904

The amphibious car launch at The Boathouse usually gathers crowds. To keep this area fun and socially distant, ground markers have been added to tell guests where they can and cannot stand.

View attachment 495905

Along with social distancing, Disney Springs is amping up its cleaning processes. It was impressive to see how often custodial cast members cleaned trash cans, handrails, and doors. We witnessed this bench get cleaned numerous times within a 15-minute timespan.

View attachment 495906

While all stores and restaurants have signage about rules for safety, Chicken Guy took it a step forward. They included an extensive list of steps they were taking to maximize safety for everyone involved. Click on the image above for a full-size view if you would like to read more.

View attachment 495907

The YeSake kiosk near Planet Hollywood was one of the first food locations to open today. They also added a barrier at the order and pickup location. While this location doesn’t have its own dedicated dining space, there was ample outdoor seating nearby.

View attachment 495908

Masks are not required while dining. Restaurants are the only spots where Disney allows guests to not wear masks. The only no-mask exception other than dining is for guests 3 years of age and younger

View attachment 495909

Also, as you would expect, hand sanitizer is available for free all over the place.

View attachment 495910

New handwashing station they’ve got scattered around Disney Springs! You get the water going through the foot pump on the bottom so don’t be a dodo and assume the water comes automatically...

I’d like to keep this thread open as a place to report actual experiences at Disney Springs during the re-opening phase. Please refrain from any debate about use of face masks and only report actual experiences at DS.

Hi, lanejudy.

Me, too.

I'm going to move some Disney Spring's opening day videos from my thread on disability community board to this thread below if it is okay.

New handwashing station they’ve got scattered around Disney Springs! You get the water going through the foot pump on the bottom so don’t be a dodo and assume the water comes automatically...

[/QUOTE]

LIVE video 🔴 walkthrough from the Grand Re-Opening of Disney Springs
WDW Radio with Lou Mongello

https://video-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=2135ece9e9f8dd658e1a0133d4fcee87&oe=5EC5FC76

From Screen to Theme
Disney Spring's opening at nighttime

I heard that last night, there were many people showing up at Disney Springs who refused to wear the required mask. Unfortunately, I fear that doing this may encourage Disney to delay the openings of the theme parks, if they're going to require masks there too. Either open the parks and require masks in June, July, and August, for example, or just wait and open the parks in September, and don't require masks. That way they don't have to deal with the hassle of people who won't wear them. I know there are people who wouldn't mind, they don't want to go to Disney if masks are required, but some do.

Something happening in September in particular?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!