Tinkerbell during Wishes

DisKim

DIS Veteran
We just got back:( . My aunt and I were arguing over whether or not Tinkerbell was a real person or not, so my DH zoomed in on her during Wishes. When we watched the tape, not only did we see that she is definitely a real person. She also appeared to be a guy!:earseek: I hope I didn't ruin the magic for anyone, but I just thought that was an odd tidbit of information.

Wow, that's interesting. I always thought Tinkerbelle was a woman who flew from the castle during the fireworkds! Well, you learn something new everyday!

:hyper:

My daughter got to meet a Tinkerbell the other day and it is a she. She flies every other day or so.

DH and I just did the BTM tour, and Tink is a girl, and the most sought-after character position at WDW. Pay is best, for "hazard" pay. Although, you DO have to fit the criteria...large turnout for the tryouts!

Maybe I'm wrong. I might have been predisposed to thinking that because my cousin is a cm and she told me Tink is a guy. I might have looked at her that way. My cousin works at mgm so I'm not sure that she's a really good source on Wishes. By the way, how did your daughter meet Tink? I didn't think you could!

I've also heard that Tink is sometimes a guy. There was a thread not too long ago here about this.

I think Tink alternates and can be a girl or a boy.

And all this time I thought Tinker Bell was a Fairy!!
Childhood beliefs die hard! ;)

I do remember that thread about Tinkerbelle. I may not be totally right on this, but I seem to remember someone saying there were possibly three Tinkerbelles, and I believe one of them was male. Who knows, I'm just still upset that it was raining when I saw Wishes, and there was no Tink at all.

I'm not very savvy with the digital cameras, but I'll try to get my DH to help me post a picture of her from our video. Male, female, it doesn't matter. It was cool. I'm just impressed that it's a real person.

i don't think she made an appearance at all when were saw wishes in Jan. when does he/she usually appear? can't remember what day we were there now but do remember see her at all.

I am posting on DD because I don't know how to change to me but you have to be in the right position to see Tinkerbell. We were there in January, too, (the last two weeks if it doesn't say in her signature) and saw her twice.

We saw her twice during our trip in April and my 4 year old LOVED that part. Of course I found out later that his take on Tink's flight was quite different than anyone else's. We were in the Disney store about a month or so after our trip and he was talking with a little girl who was playing with a Tink doll and a Cinderella doll. she told him that they were "best friends" to which my son replies "nuh-uh! Cinderella doesn't like her! When I was at Disney World I saw Cinderella throwed Tinkerbell out the window of her castle!" :teeth: I saw the little girls eyes filling with tears as I jumped in to explain to him that Cinderella did not throw Tinkerbelle, that Tink had come over to the castle to visit and when they finished their visit Tinkerbelle FLEW out of the window! You just never know what will come out of this kid's mouth! This is the same son who announced to us on that trip that "we don't need stinkin' princesses!" DH thinks maybe we know WHY he feels this way; he seems to view them as a rather aggressive bunch! ;)

We had a great view of Tinkerbelle. We stood at the railing of the Plaza Pavillion (the counter service, not the restaurant). We had a perfect view of wishes from there and Tink flew right above us. You should have seen the look on my kids' faces. It was priceless!

I think on RADp (or DIS) someone posted the last time there were auditions for Tinkerbelle and you had to be pretty short and under 115lbs. -so I don't think a guy would be that tiny:)

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in Feb '03 and our tour guide told us that sometimes it's Tinker BELL and sometimes it's Tinker BILL that flies. Either it's awesome to see--always gives me cold chills!

Kristaprincess:

We saw her last trip and she was definately a "she". Just returned home on July 4 from this trip and the 2 times we saw WISHES Tinker Bell did not make an appearance. A bit disappointed, but it was such a fantastic production that it was a small disappointment.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Thats OK I thought it was the blue fairy and not tinkerbell I'll have to pay closer attention

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter