Tipping at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotels and Restos

Shiella

Earning My Ears
This will be our very first family trip to Disneyland!!! How should we be tipping?

We might be using klook's airport to hotel transfer service, should we be tipping the drivers?

At the hotel, bellboy? mousekeeper? If we asked for additional pillows or hangers, how much should we tip?

At restaurants, if we have buffets, there is no tipping, right?

We'll be dining at Crystal Lotus and Walt's Cafe (non-buffet), how much should we tip?

Thanks in advance!!!

It's Hong Kong you are talking about.... they do expect a tip.
Even in restaurant that automatically adds 10% service charge, you are expected to leave some tips.
At some nicer locations (restaurant/bars/hotels), there's someone in the bathrooms/toilets helping you with towels etc, they expect you drop some coins/notes into the container.
For taxi, you don't need to tip, but they expect you to say "keep the change".... I guess that's not really tipping.

I have seen staff at hotels that wears "no tipping" badges... so it's clear for them, no tips.

Westerners who come from a tipping culture often tip but Asians who come from non-tipping cultures rarely tip. It's customary to leave the coins when paying in cash at the restaurants but you can leave a proper tip if you feel like you want to. Anything more than rounding up the change will not be expected.

If you look Western, you should probably tip the hotel bellboy something like $10-20 but if you look Asian, you won't be expected to tip. Tips are appreciated but should be seen as a mechanism for rewarding good service, not a mandatory thing like in the US.

Planning on availing of the service from Klook...airport to hotel transfer...since it's already prepaid..are we to tip the driver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts