Tipping At Topsiders for the Evening Meal?

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
I asked this question on a previous thread concerning tipping, then later decided that it should have a place of its own (sorry for any confusion).;)

I would tip my assigned Dining Room Servers the same no matter if I dined every evening with them or not - because that is the customary way of handling this situation.

If we dine at Palo, we also would be tipping the cover charge PLUS and additional gratuity when earned, according what we feel the value of the meal would have been on land. (still tipping our regular dining room staff, even though we are not there).

But, how are people handling this if they decide to dine at the Topsiders option which is offered on the 7 day? Would you still tip the Topsiders staff that actually served you as well as your dining room staff (that you didn't go to)? As I stated before, I WOULD still tip my assigned servers, but, I'm not sure what would be a fair amount for my Topsiders Servers??

Any Feedback?

Good question, Jody! :)

When we ate at Topsider's for dinner one night we did not tip (except for the separate beverage server, we ordered wine, and there was a charge slip for that) as there was no opportunity to do so -- nothing to sign for our server. We certainly would have tipped if there was a way to do so, but we did not have any cash on us nor was there anything to sign to charge a tip to our Key to the World card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter