Tipping help please

nzer

Earning My Ears
Hi all.
So excited....3 weeks till we spend 10 days at Disney :) Anyway, a quick question. We are staying at Homewood Suites- Convention Centre and will be using the shuttle next door at the the Toy Story Parking lot. Being from a non-tipping country, do we need to tip the shuttle driver? I'm ok with other tipping expectations but not sure about this one.
TIA

For the Disney shuttle, I do not believe tipping would be necessary, though I am not sure. At WDW you never tip the Disney bus drivers but you can tip the Magical Express (airport shuttle) drivers, who are Mears employees, not Disney's. I have never used the Disneyland parking lot shuttles (I assume that is what you are talking about) but I would think it is not an expectation.

Hotel shuttle drivers will usually accept tips but generally it is not as compulsory as it is for restaurant servers. I don't always tip on Magical Express unless they handle a bag for me. Bag handlers are usually tipped by the bag.

tipping for us from outside USA can be very confusing. The Disney shuttles from the parking structures are not tipped. For resturants, one of my LA friends told me the easiest way is to double the sales tax. Many restaurants will have a suggested tipping amount printed on the bill

tipping for us from outside USA can be very confusing. The Disney shuttles from the parking structures are not tipped. For resturants, one of my LA friends told me the easiest way is to double the sales tax. Many restaurants will have a suggested tipping amount printed on the bill
That only works in LA county proper because our sales tax is 9.5% minimum (it’s up to 10.25% in certain cities in LA) so doubled you are at 19%. At Disneyland sales tax is 7.75% so that puts you at 15.5% so you would need to add a little more.

Hi all.
So excited....3 weeks till we spend 10 days at Disney :) Anyway, a quick question. We are staying at Homewood Suites- Convention Centre and will be using the shuttle next door at the the Toy Story Parking lot. Being from a non-tipping country, do we need to tip the shuttle driver? I'm ok with other tipping expectations but not sure about this one.
TIA
No need to tip the toy story shuttle bus driver. I would say treat the shuttle like public transit where you don’t tip. Now if you are taking a shuttle such as super shuttle from the airport then you would need to tip that driver if you didn’t prepay for the tip at time of booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter