Tipping in DLP

StacyPop

<font color=purple>Things have a way of working th
Hi

We are getting ready to leave for our first trip to DLP and I have a question about the tipping customs. We live close to WDW in Florida and go quite often. I always tip at least 20% for meals here. I’ve been reading and it looks like tipping is not customary in Paris, or at least you are supposed to leave a small tip at the restaurants for exceptional service or if you sit at a cafe for an extended period of time. Is this the case in DLP? Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Oh yes, we couldn't tip in Remy last time, there was no option to add the tip to the bill and pay electronically. I don't have cash on me anymore.

For tips on tips:
- Forget percentages.
- Look for something that indicates that tips are included 'service compris'.
- Round off to the next euro or round number.

Unlike in USA, the service industry pays a proper living wage and service industry employees do not rely on tips to pay their rent or buy food.

You not have to tip housekeeping or bar tenders.

At restaurants I usually just round up. If the total is €23.50 I would give €25

I rarely tip taxi drivers or tour guides

I dont tip for a person just doing their job. I only tip when the person has gone above and beyond their job description. I regularly dont tip at restaurants.

Unlike in USA, the service industry pays a proper living wage and service industry employees do not rely on tips to pay their rent or buy food.

You not have to tip housekeeping or bar tenders.

At restaurants I usually just round up. If the total is €23.50 I would give €25

I rarely tip taxi drivers or tour guides

I dont tip for a person just doing their job. I only tip when the person has gone above and beyond their job description. I regularly dont tip at restaurants.

I hate tipping (I think it has gotten so out of hand). I really wish it was like that here in Canada. Also, before anyone says anything, servers/service industry doesn't get the horrible pay here that they do in the US - they give far inferior service generally than you get in the US, and they still expect a very large percentage of tip. Drives me crazy.

The general rule is that tipping is forbidden by DLP management.

Unfortunately, this means that tipping is a major pain. You cannot add tipping by credit card or charge it your room. If you ask, wait staff will decline the tip. The only option that “might“ work is tipping in cash, at the end of your meal.

This might seem rude if you're used to how service work in the US, but in France, a fixed percentage of the meal is dedicated to paying the staff. Nobody is France has a “tipped position” because the law forbids anyone from having a wage under the minimum. However, even as a local, I totally understand your point. I enjoy dining at WDW/DLP because I know service is stellar, and I am pretty confident it would improve at DLP if tips were allowed.

I enjoy dining at WDW/DLP because I know service is stellar, and I am pretty confident it would improve at DLP if tips were allowed.

I doubt that. Tipping is socially expected here in Canada, even though the servers all make a decent enough wage, and they still expect 20% and service is so-so at most places. I understand why service is so great in the US because they are paid peanuts and rely heavily on tips. I am so sick of tipping culture in general. I'd rather be like Paris, Australia, etc.

I doubt that. Tipping is socially expected here in Canada, and the servers all make a decent enough wage, and they still expect 20% and service is so-so at most places. I am so sick of tipping culture in general. I'd rather be like Paris, Australia, etc.

I guess this is a YMMV-discussion. The only downside I see with tipping at WDW/DLR is that the wait staff is *so quick* to turn the tables that you don't actually have time to enjoy your meal. This is certainly not the case at DLP where a 2+ hrs meal is not unexpected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!