Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to make sure I'm understanding you right. If the total meal cost is $200, then the total bill would be $200, no tax? We are on the DxDP.

That tax is covered on the dining plan. If you are trying to figure out what your tipping rates would be, it would be on the pretax amount. They suggest a few different tip options on the bottom of your receipt however you can do what you feel comfortable with.

Your cc
Since we are international our credit card gets charged an extra fee for each international transaction. When linking a credit card to my magic band for tipping do all the tips get added together and charged to my credit card at the end, or does it happen each time separately? We are on the DDP. Thanks in advance. Sorry if this isn't supposed to go in this thread, just thought I'd give it a shot.
Your cc gets charged at the end of your stay for the total amount of purchases...
So even if you buy water, or souvenirs or charge tips, they are all lumped together in one bill and charged one time to your account.

So, just to make sure I'm understanding you right. If the total meal cost is $200, then the total bill would be $200, no tax? We are on the DxDP.
Yes, you are not charged separately for tax. it is 100% covered on the DxDP.
Your only outlay is tips and only at a TS restaurant. You do not tip at CS. Even BOG breakfast and lunch. Dinner is TS.
Hope this clarifies!

If I've understood properly If I note down something but dont leave cash I'll be charged that on the Magic Band, just want to know to check whether we need much cash or just pay with MB and pay all with the credit card at the end (just trying to avoid exchange rate commissions)

If I've understood properly If I note down something but dont leave cash I'll be charged that on the Magic Band, just want to know to check whether we need much cash or just pay with MB and pay all with the credit card at the end (just trying to avoid exchange rate commissions)
After you receive your bill, you will then be able to add an amount on the tip line.
Let your server know you wish to charge that tip to your magic band. They will give you a copy to sign and also give you a copy to keep.
We always check our charges daily to make sure there are no errors. That way we aren't held up at check out. When you do check out they will bill your cc for all your charges accrued during your visit.
Also check with staff at check-in, there may be a limit of which they do a charge during your stay. I believe ours was $1500. If you reach that amount prior to check out they do a cc charge then. At that time you would begin accruing charges from that day forward.
Hope this is clear...

I'm going over menus to get an idea of how much we'll need to tip at our meals. I can't find the price of fountain sodas anywhere. Do any of you have any idea how much fountain sodas cost at table service restaurants?

I'm going over menus to get an idea of how much we'll need to tip at our meals. I can't find the price of fountain sodas anywhere. Do any of you have any idea how much fountain sodas cost at table service restaurants?

not sure if everything is up to date but I just went to mouseforless and clicked on random restaurant menus to see prices. My random sample of a few locations in different parks had soft drinks listed anywhere between $2.99 to $3.69 depending on location

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/

not sure if everything is up to date but I just went to mouseforless.com and clicked on random restaurant menus to see prices. My random sample of a few locations in different parks had fountain listed anywhere between $2.99 to $3.69 depending on location

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/
I also believe (correct me if wrong), that your beverages are included in some restaurants. BOG included our coffee, and the buffets included our soft drinks.
So, I think it may depend on the restaurant.

You can pay your tip in American currency, cc, debit card, Disney gift card, or Disney dollars. (I think I hit all the choices). Just let your server know when you go to deduct your credits from your dining plan.

actually, you left out Disney Visa reward dollars. (I just assume I canpay the tips with these)

Question.
Does someone know what your last tips were on the dining plan per day.
I am doing the dining plan with one table service and we typically come out WAY ahead but need to reward the servers with tips.

Personal tipping practices are not open for discussion. You can look at menus online, determine what you might order and then do the math

Exception, parties of 6 or more have 18% added on

What was it that didn't work? I did it and found that if I was eating AVERAGE meals at the restaurants then I was at a break even (ahead in one sense since tips were less).

BUT I don't do the dining plan to be average. I want the BEST - and don't I deserve the best :D :D :D
latest

we love looking at the menus at home and picking what we probably will order. then I figured the tip on the total of our probable order and had that amount of disney visa reward dollars transferred to my redemption card!

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already but we're Australians and tipping isn't our custom, however, we completely respect tipping when we're in the US. We're a little fuzzy on the etiquette though of how to leave a cash tip. Do we hand it directly to our server or just leave it on the table as we leave? For part of our trip we're on the DDP and then for the second part we're paying OOP.

I understand after reading here how tips are left on the DDP but just trying to clarify how I should leave a tip when paying cash. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!