Tipping is out of control!

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
Especially at this time of year, it seems like everyone expects a tip. I have so much anxiety about the rules of tipping! Anyway, had to call AAA yesterday to fix a flat tire and the guy who showed up seemed to be waiting around for a tip after he finished fixing the tire. I haven't had to use AAA since I was 18 (my ex-husband could fix anything, if I broke down I was supposed to call him), so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tip or not. I didn't have any cash on me so there was no chance of a tip happening anyway, but the way he pointed out a couple times that he had arrived quickly and was awkwardly hanging back made me think he was waiting for a tip. So I looked it up online afterwards and apparently you are supposed to tip the roadside assistance person. Do you tip AAA?

Tip, tip, tip away.. it’s Everywhere. Many places they add the tip automatically ( like 6 or my diners) and most receipts include a 18, 20, 22 percent tip chart to help those that can’t figute out the tip, lol.
I mean even tip jars are everywhere, like s deli where you order something.. silly imho.
My hubby n I typically Overtip when dining.. unless poor service where I def lower the tip.

Last time I needed AAA I was on a multilane highway, in the pouring rain, in a large city, halfway across the country, by myself, with a flat tire. The guy came quickly, was extremely professional, and when he saw I only had a doughnut for a spare, gave me directions to, and then followed me to, a tire shop at the next exit, came in with me and made sure they could take care of me fairly soon. He got a HUGE tip, and I wrote a letter to corporate.

So, yes, if they give good service, I definitely do. If they give outstanding service, they get an outstanding tip.

And, if by some chance I didn't have any cash on me, I would take his business card and make sure he got it later, one way or another.

Terri

Yes, I do tip the AAA road service person because they're performing an important service for me and usually they're dropping my car off somewhere afterward, etc. Some have really been nice and/or gone out of their way, been out in bad weather, spent time trying to figure things out or whatever. We also know some of the local guys. As far back as I can remember, my father would always tip the person, and so do we.

I have only had to use roadside service once, right after I went into Costco (where I bought the tires) because my tire light was on.
They filled the tire and let me go 2 miles down the road it was flat again.
It was Volvo roadside assistance, he got there so fast and changed the tire out quickly, I did tip him.

Curbside luggage check guy to me at airport: "I'll make sure to take good care of your bags".
Me (oblivious): "Great, thanks!"
Curbside luggage check guy (more pointedly): "I'll take VERY GOOD CARE OF YOUR BAGS".
Me (catching on): "Ah, OK" (gets out wallet to tip).
If it's Skycap then yeah you tip them. They are considered a tipped position within most airports.

Curbside luggage check guy to me at airport: "I'll make sure to take good care of your bags".
Me (oblivious): "Great, thanks!"
Curbside luggage check guy (more pointedly): "I'll take VERY GOOD CARE OF YOUR BAGS".
Me (catching on): "Ah, OK" (gets out wallet to tip).
Curbside folks generally are not employees of the airline and work just for tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!