Tipping of beautician setting up own shop

Tip the beautician who owns the hair salon?

• Yes

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
I tip my hairdresser and he is the owner. He does a great job, I appreciate his service, so I tip!

I've been going to the same hairdresser for over 25 years and she just opened her own shop 3 years ago. I'd feel funny not tipping her after all this time. I always gave her 20%. Not only would I feel funny not tipping her, but she also cuts my 3.5-year-old's hair at each visit, so she deserves it for putting up with his scrunching his shoulders and yelling that "it hurts!" :rolleyes:

My hairdresser owns his own salon and I tip him 25% every time. It would be super crappy not to, IMO. He is still doing the work of cutting and styling my hair. He is still providing the same service that someone who doesn't own a salon provides. I imagine "don't tip the owner" means don't tip the owner who otherwise doesn't do any actual work, like when the owner is just a random person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter