Tipping the Valet

JennyN

DIS Veteran
When staying in a hotel and using the valet parking, how much do you tip the valet?

Anywhere from $2-5 depending on how far away the car was/goes. I usually tip $5 or more if I request them to retrieve something from the car.

My rule of thumb (regardless of whether or not it’s Disney) is to try to tip $3 to both the person who parks it and the person who retrieves it. Sometimes that’s not possible, so I give $5 to the person who retrieves it.

Honestly I hate this. You pay to park at the hotel which is always an expensive amount and then have to drop more money to the valet each time you want to take the car or return it. I wont stay at hotels that only have valet parking for this reason. It just annoys the heck out of me. /rant off

Honestly I hate this. You pay to park at the hotel which is always an expensive amount and then have to drop more money to the valet each time you want to take the car or return it. I wont stay at hotels that only have valet parking for this reason. It just annoys the heck out of me. /rant off
There is self parking at the hotels at Disneyland. You do not have to valet. And if you do valet, there is no requirement to tip. It is completely up to the guest. Just like tipping housekeeping, not required, but I do tip there also.

There are a couple Anaheim motels/hotels that do valet only. (I believe Desert Inn and Suites is one, or used to be.) . They do this because they lack enough parking and using valets they can park more cars and they can park blocking other cars. Again, not requirement to tip.

10 bucks each way when I use the service but I don't do it often. I don't like giving my car keys away to strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter