Tips for a nervous flyer

As someone who is prescribed Diazepam and Beta Blockers for flying I can respectfully say that all this talk of it being one of the safest forms of travel will not make one jot of difference to the OP when they're on the flight - its an irrational fear not something you can reason with. Personally, It's not the thought of crashing that panics me (I doubt you'd remember much) its the thought of having to live through turbulence that makes me have a panic attack, wether there is actual turbulence or not.

OP - I always wear noise cancelling headphones with music blaring for take off and landing as I find not being able to hear the changing engine noises helps and I always sit forward of the wings, if there aren't seats available I don't book that flight and one of the best bits of advice I have been given is imagine the plane as a piece of pineapple in jelly being shaken, the jelly moves but the pineapple stays in the same place apparently this is a bit like the plane in turbulence.

Having said all of this I fly 6 or 7 times a year and I've learnt to manage it and even do some flights without any medication these days x
Completely agree with your first comment. I don't fear flying I have social anxiety. Just because you know something bad won't happen doesn't mean the feelings immediately go away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter