Tips for Christmas/New Years trip?

egjensen8532

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We're booking a trip for Christmas to New Years next year, and I'm wondering what tips you have. We've been at that time before, so we know what to expect as far as crowds, etc.

Specifically wondering about how early people were arriving at Candlelight Processional (with the dining package), Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, Christmas Parade, and things like that.

So for the Christmas Parade I got a Main Street spot about 15 minutes before it started and I had great viewing.

I lined up about an hour before the Candlelight Processional started and got row five close to the center viewing with NPH. I didn't do Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.

The most useful tip would be to book all of your FPs for when you plan to arrive in the park so you can keep refreshing and adding throughout the day. I did this and didn't have to wait in a single line my whole trip and I still got to do everything at least twice.

Enjoy!!!

We arrived about 30 mins before for CP (with dining package). The line was already very long by that time, but we didn't really care where we sat. If you want a front spot, you probably need to line up about an hour before. We got good spots for the parade about 30-45 mins before but people were staking out spots in the hub prior to that. We did 3 parades (afternoon). I can't comment on the noon parade as we were having lunch at that time every day. We tried Frontierland once but it was absolute chaos after the parade with shoulder to shoulder people trying to move in all different directions. We'll stick to the hub in the future.

Here were some of my thoughts post trip:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...rom-our-christmas-trip.3654971/#post-58618242

We were planning another trip for this coming New Years but my plans got derailed after hearing Paint the Night is coming back to DL this year so I just booked a week at the Grand Californian in Aug. So excited! PTN is THE best parade ever, and right now, DL is the only option if you need a night time parade fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter