Tips for keeping earmuffs on?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
We've purchased some Baby Banz Earmuffs for our youngest DD who is 10months old to use in 3 weeks when we go to WDW.
Mainly for the fireworks, we are doing the dessert party in MK.
My issue is that she refuses to keep them on - of course, she is a baby and I can't ask her nicely to keep them on.

Does anyone have any tips on keeping these muffs on my DD?

I would just keep putting them on her. She is used to hearing everything that is going on so it probably feels really weird to her to not be able to hear. Plus if you haven’t had her wearing headbands or anything else just having something on her head probably feels weird. I would just keep trying.

Last edited:
We loved those ear muffs! I agree with the above, just put them on for a few minutes at a time so she can get used to them. In the "loud" situations where she actually needs them, she'll likely be distracted by the sights around her. DS4 loved his Baby Banz until he was almost 3!

My daughter is a speech pathologist, and she would be giving you a big high five for using the Baby Banz in loud situations. She recommends to clients to put them on at times where something positive is happening. For example, bottle, favorite snack, special toy, bubbles, etc. Since they're already having fun there is a distraction. Over time they should get better. Some kids are naturals at this and others require more work. For the record we will be bringing her then 9 month old soon for his first visit and he's a work in progress, lol.

We have been practicing for weeks with our DD to get her used to them. She is doing MUCH better. Keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter