• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for Osborne Lights

Leslie

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have tips for viewing the Osborne Family Lights with a wheelchair guest? In early Dec., is it better to see them early or late in the evening?

I was originally thinking of making a dining reservation for 5:45 or 6 and then heading over to see the lights. Does this sound like a good plan? By that time would the crowds have cleared out? If the park closes at 8:00, when would the Fantasmic crowd be heading over to see the lights?

I will probably post this over on the Theme Parks board too, but wanted to see if there was anything I need to know for wheelchairs.

Thanks! :wave2:

we haven't seem them since they were moved.

mother did complaint that being in a wheelchair when I was pushing her down the streets - there were so many people she was missing stuff.

but lots of it is high enough that even in a wheelchair you should be able to see it.

If you want to see the Osborne Lights without much of a crowd, go after and during the start of the Fantasmic show.

A lot of people will try and see the Osborne Lights when they open and then try to make to the Fantasmic show.

Almost everyone watching the Fantasmic show will try to go to the Osborne lights show afterwards.

I like to see the Fantasmic show when going to MGM.

After the Fantasmic show, I let most of the crowd leave and then I take my time down the street and people or window watch.

Then I make my way to the Osborne lights. Stay on the right side when going up the New York Street to see the Osborne lights so that the person in the wheelchair won't have to look over all of the walkers to see the lights. At least they can see the right side without obstruction.

The line goes down the street to the end toward the new Car Show attraction and then winds back around another street, back down the other side of the New York Street.

New York Street was divided into two lines. One going in and one going back. So staying on the right side will allow seeing everything.

But if you wait really late until the crowds thin out, you can take your time without the bumper to bumper walkers. You can cruise down New York Street without worrying about being on the right side.

This is also a great time to take pictures without all of the crowds.

On the way out is also the best time to take pictures of the Sorcerer's Hat. MGM is almost empty.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Ray :)

Thanks! And great detailed info Ray! I'm a native Atlantan too! We're few and far between around town, aren't we?

Leslie :wave2:

RaySharpton said:
If you want to see the Osborne Lights without much of a crowd, go after and during the start of the Fantasmic show.

A lot of people will try and see the Osborne Lights when they open and then try to make to the Fantasmic show.

Almost everyone watching the Fantasmic show will try to go to the Osborne lights show afterwards.

I like to see the Fantasmic show when going to MGM.

After the Fantasmic show, I let most of the crowd leave and then I take my time down the street and people or window watch.

Very good advice ... I second these suggestions :)!

JudithM said:
Very good advice ... I second these suggestions :)!
I third them.
The most important is to not try to go when it first opens.

I have been there at rope drop with friends of mine. It was crowded but you could see everything if you were walking. We always go later after the rope drops. There are people but it wasn't that crowded. We even stopped to talk to one of mary poppin's penquins. You will enjoy yourself. The lights are just as good as they were before. I know there was suspose to be more but I didn't really see it. One thing you want to look at is the windows of the homes. What they look like and how they have their lights on I found that interesting.

Dan-tot

On nights when the park is open later, EHM, does the light show stay open longer.

We have a ADR at 5:30 PM at Ohana. I am trying to change it to earlier. We want to see the lights, scheduled for 6 - 8 PM and Fantasmic scheduled for 8:30 PM. I want to get dinner at 4:45 or 5 PM at the latest but so far no openings. We will be driving our car with a handicapped sticker so we can get there faster than using Disney transportation.

My dad says he thinks the lights stayed on longer than the 6 - 8 PM. Does anyone know for sure?

I called today and asked this question and was told that on EHM nights that the light should stay on longer. I sure hope that is the correct information. :cool1:

Just got back from WDW ... I noticed the other day atht e Studios that many of the Osborne Lights are on the buildings. I'm sure it takes awhile to get all the lights in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter