Tips for Quitting Soda

4 mugs of coffee, half gallon of water and a mug of green tea already. Probably have about 1 or 2 more mugs of coffee before the day is out. (also my mugs are about 16 ounces).

I have been drinking more decaf. Currently I have a (homemade) half/caf blend that I am using so that I don't go too over board. Doc hasn't commanded me to stop caffeine yet though. :)

I was getting headaches from diet soda. I used to drink 5-6 diet sodas a day. I went cold turkey over 5 years ago. Had a headache for a few days, but then was fine. I drink 1 to 1.5 cups of coffee in the a.m. now and that is it for caffeine. I drink a ton of water. I don't ever want to go back. You'll feel so much better when you kick the habit. You can do it!

You can do it!
Sure, if I wanted to. I actually enjoy my coffee. For me there is no headache associated with the caffeine. There is, however, Drowsiness associated with not having the caffeine. When I do stop the coffee, that's when I get the headaches (on top of being tired).

I use to drink a lot of soda. I love Pepsi. I had to quit. I drank a lot of water and tried to keep busy. Boredom was my enemy. If I was just sitting around, I found that the cravings would get to me. So.. I found myself doing a lot of work around the house to keep my mind off my cravings. My wife loved it. Good luck.

I never liked caffeinated soda. Root beer is my weakness. I only drink it on vacation though. Here's how I do it, first if you don't have it in the house it will cut down on your ability to drink it. Obviously this is hard if other people in the house drink it and in that case I would have them assist in making sure I don't drink it or buy something they like that you don't. Then if you have a workplace like mine you can buy soda there, don't. Whenever I'm getting off of soda I start buy not buying it. If I have to pay for the soda I'm not having it. Think of how not paying for soda will add up. Soon enough you'll have money for a Disney trip or at least some nice souvenirs.

I find myself on the quit soda wagon at least once a year. I usually manage it for a few months but end up back drinking it again. I have poor dental health due to an unrelated medical problem but the soda definitely doesn't help. I finally talked to my dentist about it and she told me that unless you cut all sugar drinks out of your diet soda isn't much worse in that aspect than other things. The best way to handle it is limiting when you have to only when you are eating. I think that is a great step towards quitting. Slowly limit when you drink it to when you eat, then have it with less meals.
I have found when I stop drinking soda I have to increase my sugar intake elsewhere or my blood sugar actually runs to low :P
I try quitting the soda but i have to find those calories I drink somewhere else to make up for them. Right now i'm trying fat shakes they've got about 600 calories in them so they work, but i can't see managing 1-2 of these a day forever :P

I don´t drink soda anymore but sometimes need a little ¨fizz¨ in my drink. I like sparkling mineral water, especially with lime. Itś a good substitution for soda.

I've reduced it down to weekends only. I grew up on pop (soda for you americans! I kid I kid). I used to drink four of the small bottles on the weekends and now I'm down to one.

When I'm craving soda I'll usually reach for some Kombucha, which is a fermented tea with natural flora/healthy gut bacteria, so it's great for digestion, immune system, UTIs etc. It still has ~1 TBSP of sugar per 500mL (required to cause fermentation) but that's alot better than a Coke, which has ~65g of sugar for the equivalent volume! Tastes great, lots of health benefits, and it's pretty expensive so you won't drink too much =P

Prefer a brand called Rise up here in Canada, but there's another large co called GT's which I believe is available in the States.

Never heard of Kombucha being bought before your post. I have always heard of folks making their own.

Personally, I have never tried Kombucha. Maybe someday, but I certainly don't need it to stop drinking soda. My soda consumption now is almost nill anyway. Essentially, only if I am not feeling well, then I drink ginger ale (and diet if I can get it) or I'll drink soda with a mixed drink. Not sure how Captain Morgan will mix with Kombucha, but it does mix okay with regular tea. I just prefer it with Coke or Ginger Ale. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!