Tips for Santa Monica?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
In late February 2019, my husband and I are going to spend 2 days in Santa Monica, then drive down to Anaheim and spend 2 days in our favorite place, Disneyland.

I already have hotels for both places, but does anyone have any advice for visiting Santa Monica? We will definitely do the pier, the beach, eating, and shopping.

TIA!

Will you have a car the whole time? Santa Monica is like a hub for everything, so there's a billion options :)

One trip, we headed north on the PCH, stopped at the Getty Villa (free with online tickets in advance), and then drove around the Malibu point to Malibu Seafood (a shack with outdoor, oceanside seating with the best fish and chips around--and a bunch of other seafood). We went all the way to El Matador beach, which is amazing.

You could also rent bikes and head south along The Strand or book a whale-watching cruise out of Marina Del Rey (always cheap Groupons available for that).

And to the east, you have Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc.

Will you have a car the whole time? Santa Monica is like a hub for everything, so there's a billion options :)

One trip, we headed north on the PCH, stopped at the Getty Villa (free with online tickets in advance), and then drove around the Malibu point to Malibu Seafood (a shack with outdoor, oceanside seating with the best fish and chips around--and a bunch of other seafood). We went all the way to El Matador beach, which is amazing.

You could also rent bikes and head south along The Strand or book a whale-watching cruise out of Marina Del Rey (always cheap Groupons available for that).

And to the east, you have Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc.

Yes, we'll have my car. We live in Las Vegas, so it's not a far drive for us. I thought about the Getty in its totality, but I would want to spend a whole day there after investigating and I just don't have that kind of time to spare for this particular trip.

Thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!