Tips for solo mini trip?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
I'm heading down to WDW on Friday, May 12th for a mini-trip to WDW. I'll only be staying there a couple of nights and then moving to another hotel near the airport for a conference I'm attending the week of May 15th.

So, any tips for a solo couple of days in WDW for a gay man on the hoof? Anything anyone things especially noteworthy for a solo?

If I had an opportunity to go to Disney by myself, I'd have dinner at the California Grill and watch "Wishes" from the observation deck. There's a bartender there named Laurie who is family and is always nice to other family members.

Don't forget it's Mother's Day weekend, so it may be busy in the restaurants all over property while you're there. However, a solo ADR shouldn't be a problem.

As for the parks, I'd make sure to take in Expedition Everest at AK. I'd also treat myself to a day at Epcot taking in the Flower Show, and then spend the night wandering around the WS at Epcot before Illuminations.

And who knows what else... it's all good!

I did a solo trip to Disneyland a few years ago and I loved it. I had my schedule to myself, and I was able to avoid crowds at the E-ticket attractions by eating meals and snacks at off-peak hours, as well as hitting the big rides during the parades. That's the best tip I can offer, because I'm sure it will work at WDW.

Have a BLAST!

iankh said:
So, any tips for a solo couple of days in WDW for a gay man on the hoof? Anything anyone things especially noteworthy for a solo?

I've done a couple of solo trips , and love them , what I've done is....

for a nice dinner , I've eaten at Flying Fish they have a bar type seating area where you can watch the kitchen so this way your not sitting there with nothing to do.

drinks , Jelly Rolls has family there I always have a great time here ( Slight problem ... I have to be staying at BWV if I go here so I can stumble home :lmao: )
BTW a piano player and a waiter are the family they've been together hmm I think its 6 years now.

I've also done some of the backstage tours that I always wanted to do.

Also have sat in France drinking bubbly sitting on a bench saying Hi to everyone walking by I thought might be gay and I have met a nice gay couple at prime time 50's bar , Can't remember that name.

God I sound like a HUGH lush , but hey I hardly drink when I go to disney with the kids , actually mostly never

I hope you have loads of fun and let us know how things go!

:goodvibes

I've always enjoyed going solo because I can move at my own pace, just wander around looking at things with no particular plan. Another benefit is that many rides have a single rider line which really cuts down on the wait. When I'm solo I have certain things I have to do - one is to walk around the Boardwalk at night checking out all the activity and then stopping at the Belle Vue Room for a glass of wine. I also like to stop for a drink at the Dawa bar in Animal Kingdom and just watch the performers.

Laurie at the California Grill is great, just let her know your family and she will take good care of you. You wont even have to leave the bar for Wishes, you can see it fine from there.

Get to the MK before it opens and enjoy the opening celebration.

Go to the bakery, grab a coffee and a danish and find a seat and people watch.

The flag retreat at the MK is very nice.

Take time to see the little things you don't normally get to do when you are on a more hectic trip, all of the animals at DAK, some of the museums at EPCOT, stuff like that.

Rent a water mouse at one of the MK resorts, and just drive around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas lagoon, this is a blast!

Good Luck and have fun!

We were down there at the end of March and the beginning of April and I had a few days alone as DP had a conference at the WDW Dolphin. I was alright for the most part, but for the majority of the time I was completely miserable being alone in the parks. It isn't something I am planning on doing again any time soon. I did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour which was nice, but after that broke up I kinda was lost as to what to do next.

Now I'm starting to regret that I'm only going to have two days in WDW (we'll 2 1/2). I arrive on Friday the 12th and am staying at the POP. I decided not to "waste"DVC points on so short a trip. Probably late in the day/evening on Sunday the 14th I move to the hotel where the conference I'm attending is being held, The Rosen Centre.

So, I've only got two days to pack everything in. Lots of great suggestions. I'm not much of a going to fancy restaurants by myself sort of person, but it is a thought. Also the back stage tour is a great idea. I've always wanted to do one, but never could because no one else had any interest.

What Oh what to pack into just 2 days! I feel sort of like the sailors in "On the Town."

After this 2 day mini-vacation, I have to wait until December when Hisselfness and I go on a 4 night DCL cruise, followed by 8 nights in WDW (4 at BWV and 4 at VWL). So, this is going to have to last me until then!

iankh said:
What Oh what to pack into just 2 days! I feel sort of like the sailors in "On the Town.

Well just remember the bronx is up and the battery is down!

But seriously, the biggest thing to overcome is being alone, if you are the type of person that can do things alone you will have a blast! Just think, you can do what you want to do, when you want to do it!

ENJOY !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter