Tips on Transport Please!

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I will be staying at the Marriott's village d'ile de france the week after Easter. I have stayed here before - as my timeshare trades into this resort (can't beat free!) - so I am prepared for a little transportation headache but the resort is very nice.

The hotel has a shuttle but as it was always full (and at that time was more money - looks like it is now free) I took the city bus to the train station/DLP stop each day. Not bad - just a bit of a walk out to the front of the resort.

Anybody have any ideas on hacking transport in this area? Parking is free at my resort but looks like expensive at the park and I won't drive into the city (train way to easy).

Parking at the park can add up, especially if you are on your own and no one to split the costs with. So car rental is out.
By the looks of it, walking isn't going to be time saver either.
If the shuttle is full, then the option you were already doing with bus/train seems best.

I have no idea if Uber is a thing near Disney, but you could try it.
Other idea, maybe ask about renting a bike at your hotel? Near the exit of Disney Village, near Five Guys etc. I remember that there is a bicycle parking spot over there.

For more info - Marriott is about 3 miles from the entrance. I looked up cab fare is about 11 euro so I may just use the bus and as the week goes on and my feet start to give out splurge on the fare

@TinkSassy, we will be staying at the Marriott in June. When you get back, any insight you can give will be much appreciated! (We're staying for free as well as we were given a week due to a mix-up that was not our fault.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!