Tips on using Fonts

Let me go first! whenever I look at new fonts on dafonts.com I use the preview box and type in Marion's Disney. This enables me to find out of the selected fonts preserves the case or changes to all caps. Also lets me see if the apostrophe is part of the font. Sometimes in the midst of creating a letter or DISign I have had to change the font for that one simple character.

Next tip?

from pixiesprite: This mostly applies to script fonts - In many fonts you can use the number 0 in place of a capital O without having to tweak font sizes etc. Capital O's can sometimes be waay too wide in a font so this is a nice way around it. And vice versa.... this can be helpful if the number 0 in your font has a line through it - this may not work with your style so check if the capital O will work in its place instead.

So I should test Marion's O'Disney? hehe (including the question mark to test punctuation)

from mkymouse40, My problem is that when I download new fonts, unzip, and copy to my font folder; they don't show up in my Adobe Photoshop elements program. Is there something different you need to do for graphic programs to recognize them? Thank you for any help you can provide.

mine show up in PSE right away. They do need to be in a specific Windows font folder to be available. I would Google the question since different versions of Windows are different. Mine on 8.1 are under Windows/Fonts

I cannot unzip there directly but have to unzip and then copy or move them there

from Dom13: When I was using PSE I often had to open a font in the fonts folder to get it to "register" with PSE. It should also "register" if you shut down PSE and the restart it.

Anyone have any tips on where to find a match for the "Sheriff Callie's" font? I can fudge the "Wild West" enough to be passable but CANNOT find a match or passable facsimile for the "Sheriff Callie's" part - looping Ls without looping Fs or cursive Rs don't seem to be happening despite numerous searches! I'm not creative AT ALL and already struggling to come up with invitations but hoping someone can help me at least find the font. None of the google search result suggestions are similar.
sheriff-callie-logo-wild-west.png

Anyone have any tips on where to find a match for the "Sheriff Callie's" font? I can fudge the "Wild West" enough to be passable but CANNOT find a match or passable facsimile for the "Sheriff Callie's" part - looping Ls without looping Fs or cursive Rs don't seem to be happening despite numerous searches! I'm not creative AT ALL and already struggling to come up with invitations but hoping someone can help me at least find the font. None of the google search result suggestions are similar.
sheriff-callie-logo-wild-west.png

This is the closest without paying for it I have come to finding something useable.
Maybe here

Fonts 101
Southern Aire

http://www.fonts101.com/fonts/view/Script/63460/Southern_Aire

I must admit I cheat
I wait until one of my sons is in a good mood and then hand them a list of new fonts I need.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!