Tips please

What questions did you have? I really shouldn't have gotten it because I'm supposed to be on a diet but I was in food heaven

Greg, please, diet should stay home when heading to Disney. It'll be there waiting for you.
I WANT to be in food heaven at Disney. LOL
I've only done dining plan which limits you somewhat.
Did you do any signature dining? If so, which was worth it? (This is the main reason I'll consider doing deluxe).

Here is what I did:
Rainforest Cafe (DS)
Garden Grill
Nine Dragons
La Cellier
Rainforest Cafe (AK)
Tusker house
Mama Melrose
Crystal palace
Skipper canteen
Be our guest
Be our guest (breakfast)
Liberty tree tavern
(Was supposed to do via Napoli but got so darn hot we cancelled it)

Of those the only ones I was disappointed in were Mama Melrose and Nine Dragons.

Nice
I've read some good reviews about Le Cellier.
I'm booked for breakfast at BOG, can't wait to try the grey stuff!!!

La Cellier gave me the best steak I've ever had in my life. I didn't care for the pouting though.

The grey stuff is delicious ( don't believe me? Ask the dishes!) I had it at breakfast and dinner. The breakfast version is on a chocolate cupcake and I liked it much better.

I had the feast a la gaston. Eggs, sausage, bacon, herb roasted potatoes, and a bowl of mixed fruit.

My brother had the meat and cheese assortment which is nearly exactly the same as the dinner appetizer platter.

What did you have at skipper canteen and how was it? :)

I've seen a lot of scathing reviews for it, which makes me a bit nervous, but the particular night we're planning on it there aren't any other open ADRs I'd consider (right now)

At skipper canteen we sat in the S.E.A. Dining room which is gorgeous.

Appetizer: S.E.A. Shu Mai (avoid at all costs, the worst dish in all of Disney world in my opinion)

Entree: tastes like chicken, because it is! This dish was ok. The chicken was fried nicely and had a spice sauce over it that was tastey .the rice that came with it was... well it was just rice. The veg were good too.

Desert: Kungaloosh! This chocolate cake was so good I would eat here again just for it.

hm, I was considering the chicken, so this is esp good to know.

how did you feel about Liberty Tree Tavern (my slim hope for a replacement ADR that night jic we change our minds)?

also, thanks for your on-the-fly dining reviews :bitelip:
(if you already did a trip report for these or something, feel free to point me there.)

I didn't do a trip report, wasn't sure anyone wanted to know my thoughts lol

Liberty tree tavern was awesome. Felt like being at home when they set the table with all the bowls of food and you just dip like you are eating at a family member's house. One tray that has dressing, cranberry sauce, turkey, roast beef, and pork loin. Then a gravy boat and bowls full of side items.

Only 2 problems.
1. The gooey toffee cake stuck to my teeth. (Brother liked it a lot)
2. Too full to do anything afterwards. Lol dis country bears a second time so I could sit and digest. It's like thanksgiving dinner on steroids.

Sounds delightful! And of course people want to know your thoughts. I think Yelp's business model is centered on that idea ;)

I just cancelled our skipper canteen ADR and replaced it with LTT. (magically, one opened up 25 min within our first ADR.)

We're doing the Christmas party that night, so I justify this by saying it's more ~Christmassy~ to eat at LTT, and that skipper canteen always seems to have open ADRs, so there's wiggle room if we change our mind. I do want to go because the theming sounds amazing, but on the other hand, we're doing 3 others meals that week that are African/Asian-inspired...
:scared: I'll stop hijacking this thread now :offtopic::thanks:

I agree with earful, we want to know your thoughts.
By the way, I tried reservation finder on touringplans to get reservation for BOG, they found me a spot within 24 hours, I've been trying for 2 weeks on the Disney website and app. Love that feature.
I think there's no way to get this thread back to original topic. :rainbow:

Lol on topic is overrated.

Somehow when I was booking through MDE there were all sorts of bog reservations. It surprised me a lot.

Lucky you on BOG reservations.

I am going to try to find a lunch reservation for BOG too! (now I wonder if I'm going for the rides or the food...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter