Tips to keep cool. Please post here.

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Taking my first trip during the hot humid summer months next month (August). Yeah yeah yeah....hot, humid and afternoon rain storms but at $20.01 per night at the Marriott Courtyard I HAD to go.

Any tips for keeping cool? I have my (lime green for the DIS) squeeze breeze and a lightweight hat with a brim.

What are your tips for keeping cool? Thanks for sharing.

I just recently got some good tips on how to stay cool from the wonderful people here! I went out and bought those little hand fans. I know you got the squeeze breeze but some people suggested the hand fans instead because squeeze breeze gets you all wet, NOT that that's a bad thing, lol. I am also going to buy a misty mate, this is suppose to keep you up to 30 degrees cooler.

I spoke with my girlfriend who lives in FLA yesterday, she said, go out early mornings and late afternoon/early evenings. Too too hot mid day.

Okay baby powder or dr scholls foot spray for the toes will keep your feet dry. Also, I am going to bring tank tops (no bathing suit tops for the parks for me and my family, i find that incredibly tacky, sorry to those who wear them I don't mean to be disrespectful, i just disagree with it) and light cotton shorts. I am also thinking about buying Teva sandals, these are suppose to be just as comfy as sneakers, only cooler!

Okay, I hope this helped you some! HAVE FUN! When are you going, we are going August 22nd to the 28th.

Cobbers are the neck scarves that have the cooling crystals sewn into them. You soak in water for a few minutes. Tie around your neck and they keep you cooled down. I bought mine at my local "Wild Birds Unlimited " store and also have seen them at my local luggage store. They originated in Australia and really do work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter