Tips You Live By

- Go off season and arrive early each day
- Have a plan, but be flexible
- Sit down in the air conditioning for a nice lunch; you need the break as much as you need the food
- Drink water -- lots of it
- Skip souvenirs; experiences beats shopping
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Don't weigh yourself down with bags of this and that

Agree with the recommendation to sit down for lunch in air conditioning! It's such a great break and you'll have more energy afterwards -

My first thought:

There will never be a last trip to WDW as I know it. It'll happen, but I will never say it. To say it will make it so.....I can't go there.

Make a plan but remember it's just a guide. Lots of itineraries are available online.

Intentionally leave yourself a few hours to just wander around.

We also make at least one sit down meal reservation a day, especially if it's a busy time.

Buy a Mickey balloon on day 1. Those things last forever! Gift to another family in the hotel lobby if it's still good when we check out.

If you take your time leaving the magic kingdom at the end of the night (any ride you get on at park closing you can ride)

Stay in the hub to watch the Kiss Goodnight at the castle which usually happens 30 mins after park closing.

Water and comfortable shoes.

I've seen far too many people collapse from heat stroke and dehydration, all ages too. Nothing more miserable than walking around in painful shoes, break them in and make sure they are suitable for all that walking before you go away.

Water and comfortable shoes.

I've seen far too many people collapse from heat stroke and dehydration, all ages too. Nothing more miserable than walking around in painful shoes, break them in and make sure they are suitable for all that walking before you go away.
Totally agree with above statement. Shoes, shoes and shoes! There is so much walking at WDW, get used to walking. I need to prep more at home with walking and more walking.

I also bring Opolar fans; they are small, lightweight, rechargeable battery and have a really good air flow. I pack several!

• Set reasonable expectations...no place is perfect, not even Disney
  • Be courteous of others and castmembers
  • Enjoy the little things, sometimes those are the memories you don't forget
  • Try not to be too rushed
  • Always get a Dole Whip float
  • Try something new
  • Our tradition is to buy an ornament each trip (my hope is to have an all Disney tree one day)
We do the ornaments too! I have a small tree grouping that stays up all year. Tallest tree is maybe 3.5 ft high and the other 2 are smaller. I have blue lights on all and red and blue small ball ornaments on the 2 smaller trees. The taller tree has all of our trip ornaments. It’s getting pretty full, thinking it’s time to upgrade!

Start going for long walks everyday a few weeks prior to WDW. I’ve done it for one trip and not the other. Makes a huge difference in energy levels when you are there. Good way to break in your new shoes too.

If you're staying at a Disney resort and think there's a chance you might want another trip in the next year, book a bounceback offer. There should be info about this in your resort room, but sometimes there isn't. If not, call the front desk and they'll tell you who to call. I believe it's 8844 from your room phone, but please check to make sure. Bounceback offers can be booked only while you're there and from your room. They often offer the most impressive discount for your next stay. We nearly always keep the bounceback we've booked. Every once in a while the AP discount is better.

-Use Mobile Order! You can order your food ahead of time at Quick Services (just be aware you may get grumpy side eyes from people standing on line when you walk in and pick up your tray of already paid food). If you're unfamiliar, it's absolutely worth the time to investigate before you arrive at WDW.

-Mole Skin! Go buy some at CVS or wherever. Keep a sheet with you. Blister or irritated area? Cover with a piece of moleskin and forget about it for the rest of your trip.

-Refresh, yes! Also Refresh your MDE app. Close and reopen occasionally, especially if it starts acting weird. It will untangle and reset, giving you quicker access.

I believe it's 8844 from your room phone
Yes, just dial #8844. The current bounceback is free food for many resorts and dates through 2020, offered to guests staying Aug to Oct. They may offer it again soon after, the best way to check is dialing 8844 to ask.

Bounceback usually has much better availability than the free food offers open to the public. More choice of resorts, room types and dates. $200 deposit holds your trip with low risk. If you need to cancel, you get full $200 deposit back before 30 days out. You can also transfer the deposit to later trip too.

We learned this lesson the hard way. 3 times we ignored the bounceback thinking we wouldn't be returning sooner than 12 months or so, and we did end up returning sooner and paying more for a trip without the offer. 3 times over the years *face palm*
If it doesn't work out, you can always cancel or reschedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter