Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

A Magical Kingdom with Friends

Friday October 27, 2017

Our plans for today had a surprising amount of unscheduled time. MK was opening at 8 am that day, but it was Extra Magic Hours, so the opening time for us was 7 am! Our friend Teena would be in MK that morning and we had hopes of meeting up, so we had Fast Passes booked there. Sue and her husband were joining us for the morning and had the same FPs scheduled. ~Ninja was going to the Halloween Party that night, but none of us were interested in doing that, Sue and her husband had plans as well, but Nannette, Janet and I didn’t have anything planned for the afternoon or evening.

This is what we had on tap for the morning:

9:15-10:15 Big Thunder Mountain

10:40-11:40 Pirates of the Caribbean (Time overlap with Teena)

11:45-12:45 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

This day caused a lot of frustration for me in the planning for this trip. Because of the frequency of the Halloween parties and Rivers of Light only scheduled periodically during the week, it was going to be difficult to see all of the new nighttime shows. Ideally, I wanted to fit RoL on this night, so I checked Disney’s schedule frequently as the trip approached to see if more RoL shows would be added, but I was disappointed every time I looked.

We had FP booked for Rivers of Life for Saturday night, but I really wanted to see Happily Ever After on Saturday night, when Teena and her friend were planning to watch it. I was truly torn between seeing HAE with Teena on Saturday night and seeing Rivers of Light for the first time.

Then, I think the week before the trip, RoL finally appeared on the schedule for every night of the week we would be there! That caused continued anguish as we tried to decide if we should change up our plans.

~Ninja and I had watched Happily Every After on our arrival day, Wednesday, but Janet and Nannette missed the show. With a RoL now added for Friday night, the 3 of us decided we would see it that night (Friday), and then go MK Saturday night for the fireworks show so they could see it. We kept the RoL FP for Saturday, in case ~Ninja still wanted to see the show then.

I was up early that morning as usual. Made breakfast for everyone.

We were out at the bus stop at Stupid O’Clock ( 7:02 am according to the time stamp on my photo)

The bus came along without much of a wait. We were here by 7:30:

PPTrain.jpg

PPTrainCU.jpg

When we got into the park, we stopped for more photos.

This photographer was so fun! She saw ~Ninja’s camera setup and asked us to do some posed pictures.

PPPhoto.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

Who’s photographing the photographer? ~Ninja has an awesome habit of taking a picture of the name tag of extraordinary CM so she can remember their name/hometown when she sends complimentary tweets to guest services.

Can I say how much I LOVE this aspect of traveling with the girls instead of going with my family who treat the photographers like they have the plague?

We broke away from the HUB and headed for our first attraction. I don’t think that Janet and Nannette had gone through the standby line for Peter Pan yet. It was just a 10 minute wait or so. Perfect!

IMG_8726.jpg

DSCF2747.jpg

DSCF2748.jpg

IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

After landing after Neverland it was time for second breakfast- ~Ninja and I recommended snacking on the pumpkin Mickey waffles we tried on arrival night. Once again, they did not disappoint.

IMG_1957.jpg

MK was officially opening soon (8 am), so it is important to rest up and then make that last pit stop at the Tangled Tinkle Spot as we made our way to the newly opened sections of the park.

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

Next Up: A Classic Magic Morning

Last edited:
Oops looks like I missed an update! What a fun view of Illuminations over the Mickey topiary! Great pics!

Cute PP pics during your early morning at MK! OoOh I recognize that PP photographer, that's Marina! She is awesome, always takes fun pics.

Can't beat a 10 min wait for Peter Pan! Great first ride choice.

That last photo is amazing- totally empty!

The macarons are pretty and photogenic, but unlike you, I prefer mine with an extra o and coconut.

To each his/her own.

As long as his/her own does not include coconut!!!!

Such a sad, smooshed pie :(

But now I'm excited because someone promised a strawberry pie recipe on your Trip Report!

:woohoo:

::yes::

So many good recipes already!!!

Duh! It's Illuminations!

:laughing: okay.

On phone so will comment on update later.

A Magical Kingdom with Friends

Or "How to make a magical place more magical"

Our plans for today had a surprising amount of unscheduled time.

I don't understand. Is this English?

Ninja was going to the Halloween Party that night, but none of us were interested in doing that

Not...... interested..... :faint:

This day caused a lot of frustration for me in the planning for this trip. Because of the frequency of the Halloween parties and Rivers of Light only scheduled periodically during the week, it was going to be difficult to see all of the new nighttime shows.

I can see that.

We had FP booked for Rivers of Life for Saturday night, but I really wanted to see Happily Ever After on Saturday night, when Teena and her friend were planning to watch it. I was truly torn between seeing HAE with Teena on Saturday night and seeing Rivers of Light for the first time.

Dilemma. Ditch your friends!! No..... there's that whole "magical" stuff...

Then, I think the week before the trip, RoL finally appeared on the schedule for every night of the week we would be there!

Woot!

That caused continued anguish as we tried to decide if we should change up our plans.

:laughing: Look. Do you wanna do this or not???

We kept the RoL FP for Saturday

Every time I see "RoL" I think of ROFL.

I was up early that morning as usual. Made breakfast for everyone.
Nice of you! :) Whatcha make?

We were out at the bus stop at Stupid O’Clock ( 7:02 am according to the time stamp on my photo)

Oh! I thought you'd try to get there for rope drop. From the rest of this update though, it looks like you didn't need to.

Love this shot of you guys. :)

:laughing: That's great!!

~Ninja has an awesome habit of taking a picture of the name tag of extraordinary CM so she can remember their name/hometown when she sends complimentary tweets to guest services.

That's a good idea. Really.

Can I say how much I LOVE this aspect of traveling with the girls instead of going with my family who treat the photographers like they have the plague?

Hmmmm.... Well... I do too. But only because I don't usually want photos of myself (and I mean... really... who wants to see that??? :confused3) so I don't get the package. I'll buy 3-4 photopass shots of me on Splash or with Ariel.... but that's about it.

I like the play of light and shadow, here.

I don’t think that Janet and Nannette had gone through the standby line for Peter Pan yet. It was just a 10 minute wait or so. Perfect!

::yes:: That's one of the biggest benefits of going early/rope drop. Otherwise that queue is gonna be an hour long experience.

Awwww.... :)

That was sweet to give the pearl to Nannette. I forgot how pretty your necklace was such a unique setting
All the desserts look so good in France.
Beautiful pictures of the fireworks.
Boy you did have a busy long day.
Such great pictures of everyone at MK.
What a great idea to take a pic of their name tags.

Oops looks like I missed an update! What a fun view of Illuminations over the Mickey topiary! Great pics!

Cute PP pics during your early morning at MK! OoOh I recognize that PP photographer, that's Marina! She is awesome, always takes fun pics.

Can't beat a 10 min wait for Peter Pan! Great first ride choice.

That last photo is amazing- totally empty!

I'm so happy I stopped to watch Illuminations from there. I really liked how the photos turned out.

We had some great photographers on this trip. Marina, right! She really was awesome!

Seems like first thing in the morning is the only time to go on Peter Pan if you don't have Fast Passes. My rule has always been "Do not wait in the Peter Pan stand-by line!" It is better now with the interactive queue, but not more than 30 minute-wait-better.

I love to find mostly empty spaces at MK!

Or "How to make a magical place more magical"

Absolutely!

I don't understand. Is this English?

unscheduled is not usually in my vocabulary!

Well, we had all done the Halloween party a year ago, and there were a few other new night things to experience (if we could fit them in)

I can see that.

I was so frustrated that Disney was not catering to my preferences. And then. They did.

Dilemma. Ditch your friends!! No..... there's that whole "magical" stuff...

Now, I wasn't planning on ditching my friends. Teena is friends with all of us, and Nannette and Janet would come along for that. ~Ninja would be left out, but technically, SHE was ditching US since she was going to the Halloween party.

:laughing: Look. Do you wanna do this or not???

We didn't change our plans prior to leaving for the trip, but once we had arrived we ended up taking advantage of the newly added RoL and we LOVED the new plan!

Every time I see "RoL" I think of ROFL.

:rotfl2:

Nice of you! :) Whatcha make?

Whatever my friends wanted. Breakfast sandwiches for Janet and me. ~Ninja wanted scrambled eggs and toast. I can't really remember what Nannette had. First day was just toast since she was just recovering from a stomach issue. I think we added eggs on subsequent days.

Oh! I thought you'd try to get there for rope drop. From the rest of this update though, it looks like you didn't need to.

We weren't killing ourselves to get to the park, but I was pretty pleased that 4 adult women were able to wake up, have breakfast, get ready with a single shower and make it to MK by 7:30.

Love this shot of you guys. :)

Thank you!

:laughing: That's great!!

That was a really fun pose to do. ~Ninja loved playing the photographer.

That's a good idea. Really.

It truly is. You want to remember helpful castmembers names, but taking a picture of their name tag is the perfect way to make sure you can retain it.

Hmmmm.... Well... I do too. But only because I don't usually want photos of myself (and I mean... really... who wants to see that??? :confused3) so I don't get the package. I'll buy 3-4 photopass shots of me on Splash or with Ariel.... but that's about it.

Here's a little hint- make friends with someone who has an Annual Pass who you trust or more importantly who trusts you.

I like the play of light and shadow, here.

Thanks! I owe it all to the sun!

::yes:: That's one of the biggest benefits of going early/rope drop. Otherwise that queue is gonna be an hour long experience.

That is essential for Peter Pan!

Awwww.... :)

Thanks. I didn't stay "asleep" for long, though. I have had some bad experiences in the past with these gals while I am sleeping.

:cat::rotfl2:

Last edited:
I'll take your coconut! I love it!

:love:

<shoves all the coconut over to Dee>

It is a great idea! Can't wait to see what people share.

Got 13 recipes so far! :goodvibes

You're quick- you got your responses in before I had a chance to respond.

unscheduled is not usually in my vocabulary!

How do you pronounce that?

Well, we had all done the Halloween party a year ago, and there were a few other new night things to experience (if we could fit them in)

Oh! Well that puts a totally different perspective on it.
In that case...

I was so frustrated that Disney was not catering to my preferences. And then. They did.

They do that sometimes. :)

Now, I wasn't planning on ditching my friends. Teena is friends with all of us, and Nannette and Janet would come along for that. ~Ninja would be left out, but technically, SHE was ditching US since she was going to the Halloween party.

Yeah! What's with that????
Sheesh!
With friends like that, who needs enemas?

We didn't change our plans prior to leaving for the trip, but once we had arrived we ended up taking advantage of the newly added RoL and we LOVED the new plan!

:)

Whatever my friends wanted. Breakfast sandwiches for Janet and me. ~Ninja wanted scrambled eggs and toast. I can't really remember what Nannette had. First day was just toast since she was just recovering from a stomach issue. I think we added eggs on subsequent days.

Wow! Can I come over?

We weren't killing ourselves to get to the park, but I was pretty pleased that 4 adult women were able to wake up, have breakfast, get ready with a single shower and make it to MK by 7:30.

That's actually pretty impressive. ::yes::

That was a really fun pose to do. ~Ninja loved playing the photographer.

:laughing: It shows!

It truly is. You want to remember helpful castmembers names, but taking a picture of their name tag is the perfect way to make sure you can retain it.

Here's a little hint- make friends with someone who has an Annual Pass who you trust or more importantly who trusts you.

Wait... I have to have friends????

Thanks! I owe it all to the sun!

Sun of a gun.

Thanks. I didn't stay "asleep" for long, though. I have had some bad experiences in the past with these gals while I am sleeping.

:cat::rotfl2:

:laughing:

No matter how tired you are, it's hard to resist the pull of fireworks!

Love all the photos from your MK morning. Looks so fun and makes me want to take a trip with my friends. They can definitely be more cooperative when it comes to taking pictures compared to moody kids!:rotfl:

Glad to see you got another taste of those pumpkin waffles.

Where did you get the pumpkin mickey waffles?? Mmmm I need to get some of those!!
I know they're out of season now, but I will definitely check them out in the fall.

When we got into the park, we stopped for more photos.
Your castle pictures turned out really nice. All four of you look good in those pictures. :)

Add character meets, shows and fireworks to that and you'll have the perfect list of good things about traveling with girlfriends. ::yes::

I don’t think that Janet and Nannette had gone through the standby line for Peter Pan yet. It was just a 10 minute wait or so. Perfect!
Peter Pan is one of our favorites but we always do fp for it. We need to see the standby line.

MK was officially opening soon (9 am), so it is important to rest up and then make that last pit stop at the Tangled Tinkle Spot as we made our way to the newly opened sections of the park.
I think that rocking chair is in the gift shop next to Splash Mountain. It is one of our favorite gift shops.

I remember the pictures. ::yes::

<shoves all the coconut over to Dee>

:thanks:

Got 13 recipes so far! :goodvibes

I need to get back over there to see the latest suggestions.

How do you pronounce that?

T-H-A-T

Oh! Well that puts a totally different perspective on it.
In that case...

Hope to add the Halloween party back into the itinerary for a future trip.

Yeah! What's with that????
Sheesh!
With friends like that, who needs enemas?

:rotfl2:

Wow! Can I come over?
That's actually pretty impressive. ::yes::

Only if you can be there and ready to hit the World by 7 am.

Wait... I have to have friends????

I think we can scare up one or two friends for you.

:hug:

No matter how tired you are, it's hard to resist the pull of fireworks!

Love all the photos from your MK morning. Looks so fun and makes me want to take a trip with my friends. They can definitely be more cooperative when it comes to taking pictures compared to moody kids!:rotfl:

Glad to see you got another taste of those pumpkin waffles.

It worked out really well- I got to watch the fireworks, took some unique photos and I was ahead of the crowds leaving EPCOT.

I have done all sorts of trips- as part of a couple, with family, class trips and with friends. They all have their charms. I am very lucky I have had 3 fantastic girlfriend trips!

The pumpkin Mickey waffles are awesome!

Where did you get the pumpkin mickey waffles?? Mmmm I need to get some of those!!
I know they're out of season now, but I will definitely check them out in the fall.

Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square.

:thumbsup2

This is an AWESOME shot! :goodvibes

Thank you!

How fun! I love great interactions with CMs and PP photographers - this is one of the reasons Disney is so special to me ::yes::

We had some really fun, fantastic photographers on this trip. We even had a repeat photographer during the trip, in different parks.

:cool2:

Just popping in to wish all here a very Happy St Patrick’s Day :shamrock:

Thank you so much. Same to you (either a little late or extremely early). I know this one was extra special at your place!

Your castle pictures turned out really nice. All four of you look good in those pictures. :)

Thank you!

Add character meets, shows and fireworks to that and you'll have the perfect list of good things about traveling with girlfriends. ::yes::

I agree!

:grouphug:

Peter Pan is one of our favorites but we always do fp for it. We need to see the standby line.

It is definitely worth it if the wait is around 20 minutes or less. It's cute, but not worth burning an hour for.

I think that rocking chair is in the gift shop next to Splash Mountain. It is one of our favorite gift shops.

I will defer to your gift shop expertise.

I remember the pictures. ::yes::

Still don't remember them being taken, though.

:sad2:

Our plans for today had a surprising amount of unscheduled time.

That's kind of nice sometimes to have some breathing room and go with the flow.

Uggh. Our Disney days sometimes start at Stupid O'Clock, too. Especially with magic hours.

Nice photo!

Cool shot! I love when photopass photographers go the extra mile :)

Awesome! I've managed to bring Nathan around to all the photos a bit, but he's still not a huge fan, so it still takes a little pulling from me.

I need to get back over there to see the latest suggestions.

Think up to 19 now.

Really! You sound out each letter. Huh.

Hope to add the Halloween party back into the itinerary for a future trip.

Only if you can be there and ready to hit the World by 7 am.

pffftt... I go from 5am - 1am.

I think we can scare up one or two friends for you.

:blush: Awwww... shucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!